Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm flummoxed for tomorrow too. Not sure if it'll go to a bunch sprint or if it's worth a gamble on the likes of Gilbert for this one. Decisions, decisions.
Doesn't matter you'll still come up smelling of roses. :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We'd be having a great competition...

...if it wasn't for HIM!

And just to really rub it in - I came good on the halftime hattrick again today. A mere free hot drink to add to the tenner from Tuesday, but they all count on the halftime hattrick Palmares :lolol: I only ever buy one ticket per match btw.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And just to really rub it in - I came good on the halftime hattrick again today. A mere free hot drink to add to the tenner from Tuesday, but they all count on the halftime hattrick Palmares :lolol: I only ever buy one ticket per match btw.
Oh just f*** off.

:kiss:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I do get the feeling that if I fell in a barrel full of shit at the moment I'd come up clutching a £50 note, as opposed to the usual feeling that if I fell into a barrel full of nipples I'd still come up sucking my thumb.

Things can change very quickly though, trust me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's worse is that he's still over 100 points off the lead overall!
Don't worry he'll pick the Andalucia, 1-2-3, as well as picking up 10 points for J-Rod coming last.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well, I probably wasn't the only one who picked up 10pts for last man in today :)

150 points today and I still dropped 2 places in the Vuelta overall. Seriously stiff competition going on there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Watched on the Eurosport Player today. Another fine finish to a stage. Well played Purito, riding very intelligently and in fine form. If Froome doesn't win this Vuelta then I really hope Purito does.

Had Gilbert pencilled in for this stage right from the off, but choose not to go with him as it meant gambling big in terms of where I want to be transfer wise over the next few days. Pleased to see him win though, good to see a quality rider like him show some form again after having a bad year compared to last season.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Watched on the Eurosport Player today. Another fine finish to a stage. Well played Purito, riding very intelligently and in fine form. If Froome doesn't win this Vuelta then I really hope Purito does.

Had Gilbert pencilled in for this stage right from the off, but choose not to go with him as it meant gambling big in terms of where I want to be transfer wise over the next few days. Pleased to see him win though, good to see a quality rider like him show some form again after having a bad year compared to last season.

I felt sure you'd have put him in at the last minute!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I felt sure you'd have put him in at the last minute!

Did you have him ?

Funny thing is I haven't forgotten taking out the race leader for Gilbert and it signalling the start of my slide in another stage race. So I looked well ahead this time and didn't gamble on him today as it mucks things up longer term. However, I still took the race leader out yesterday - No good learning your lesson if you only learn half of it :facepalm: I would never have suspected Purito would do what he did today, and more to the point, that the other GC's would let him get away with it!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Did you have him ?

Funny thing is I haven't forgotten taking out the race leader for Gilbert and it signalling the start of my slide in another stage race. So I looked well ahead this time and didn't gamble on him today as it mucks things up longer term. However, I still took the race leader out yesterday - No good learning your lesson if you only learn half of it :facepalm: I would never have suspected Purito would do what he did today, and more to the point, that the other GC's would let him get away with it!

I didn't have him and would have had to take out Rodriguez anyway so would have actually scored fewer points.

I've had a good sit down and work out my transfers for the next few stages - too much day-by-day so far.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Btw, managed to catch last bit of GP Ouest France one day race today whilst waiting for Europlayer Vuelta coverage. Good win for EBH in a very strong field. Also heard Cav took the final stage of Tour of Denmark. Good day for the Sky boys.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
C'mon you lot, what's going on!?

A truly fantastic Grand Tour going on and we've let this thread slip off the front page. That can't be right, surely?

So how about who's going to do what in Wednesday's ITT. I'm beginning to have a rethink on Froome smashing it as perhaps riding Le Tour is beginning to catch up with him. I still think he'll beat Contador though. And what of Tony Martin in all this?, is that little climb in it going to mean he's not favourite?, although he seems to be fully recovered and looked in fine shape in that break the other day.

I've a feeling this fantasy competition is making us all keep our cards close to our chest and holding us back from predictions and race discussions. I know I'm certainly guilty of that a bit. It's a shame if that's the case. I seem to find myself spending more time reading a lot of the crap on that miserabilist forum as there's so little chat on our friendly threads here:(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not been able to get on here, for 2 feckin days :ohmy:

Check out the 'users in the last 24hrs' section on the front page.

You've had the run on this place, and waste it whining on here :lol:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I've been avoiding looking as I'm slow on the highlights catch-up!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I've not been able to get on here, for 2 feckin days :ohmy:

Check out the 'users in the last 24hrs' section on the front page.

You've had the run on this place, and waste it whining on here :lol:

Its bank holiday, everyones been away, even the AMEX has been half empty...

Would be nice to be in Nothern Spain for some mountain top finishs and TTing.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Its almost been set up for Roddy or Bertie to win, not much TT, short stages with ramp up finishes, suiting the puchy riders rather than the Mountain Goats, could be all the sweeter for Froome if he wins.

They should have a time bonus jersey and a real time jersey to show how much the organisers mess with the race (however makes for excellent daily finishes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here