Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Does the Dauphine start this week?

Yes, Sunday. I'm away in Malaysia then Australia for this one so my usual sit home and watch Eurosport advantage is taken away. I'm sure I'll get over it though :cool:

Also I have someone new applying to join our competition. Josh.Fanner, just contact me on here and I'll approve your entry in to our league.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just started to look at this and pick a provisional team. It will be difficult as there are so many variables, all the stages are tough and with a super long time trial. The only star riders who are good at time trialling are expensive or coming back from injury (Millar) or expensive and coming back from injury (Martin). Much research and different permutations will be needed.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not enough money to do my Dauphine team. :(

Difficult isn't it. I've got something down now, but there will be many changes yet. Plus you can guarantee a break early on and someone weird in the leaders jersey.

Would be nice to know if there are time bonuses on the line and such like, this stuff always seem to be kept so quiet until the race starts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a cracking photo this is. I assume it's from Romandie:-

Thomas_Wiggins_Cav.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not enough money to do my Dauphine team. :(

Difficult isn't it.
I don't know what you ladies are on about.
I threw 8 names down, behind Tony Martin, I hadn't even heard of 4 of them.

Well I've just gone through that team seeing who I've got, and all bar 1 have stayed, with cash in the bank.

I'm going to smash this.

:facepalm:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I don't know what you ladies are on about.
I threw 8 names down, behind Tony Martin, I hadn't even heard of 4 of them.

Well I've just gone through that team seeing who I've got, and all bar 1 have stayed, with cash in the bank.

I'm going to smash this.

:facepalm:

That is some serious fighting talk! I've done my team and realised I've potentially completely shot my bolt with 9 prologue riders!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is some serious fighting talk! I've done my team and realised I've potentially completely shot my bolt with 9 prologue riders!
All joking aside it was an odd thing.
As a new style, for a new event, I thought I'd pretend it was half way through, and also just sling anyone down in case something goes wrong with time or technology.
Anyway, since then I've looked at the parcours, and properly Wiki'ed the team.
There was only one I couldn't make any kind of case for, and swapped him for Nicki Tepstra.

I hope everyone has Big DZ in their team.
Naturally, the Garmin boys ought be be rocket propelled, next week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All them years just cheering Charlie Wegelius our only rider in a grand tour and then like buses.....

World Champion, National Champion & current race leader, on 3, (three) different riders ALL British.

I do know with that logic BW's is a gimmy, but it still looks great.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Don't forget to sort your Dauphine team.

[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], [MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION], [MENTION=2551]Stoichkov[/MENTION], [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION], [MENTION=4084]Statto[/MENTION], [MENTION=13251]Lord Bamber[/MENTION], [MENTION=2654]ATFC Seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION], [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION], [MENTION=916]black & white seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=12438]les dynam[/MENTION], [MENTION=977]adrian29uk[/MENTION]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't forget to sort your Dauphine team.
Blimey Woodchip you going through withdrawals or something?

Although I'm a fine one to talk.
For the first year ever, I shelled out £8 on the cyclesport TdF preview magazine, just to get a fix.

Well at least I know what the jersey colours, now mean. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here