Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This, surely it is "It's curtains FOR Karpets"?

Exactly :lol:

I'm still way behind you on GC but at least with this win I may venture to put my name up on the other thread all about men wearing pink :p

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ah my mild dyslexia/laziness catches up with me again.

Tis all present and correct now.

I might change mine to the correct spelling then as I didn't realise you could change it. Although I've come to quite like it as is.

Oh, and anyone who can spell dyslexia correctly, clearly isn't dyslexic :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somewhat unlikely to win, this BAFTA:-

Best sport & live event

Frankenstein's Wedding: Live in Leeds

The Royal Wedding (BBC)

Rugby World Cup Final

Tour De France 2011

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Exactly :lol:

I'm still way behind you on GC but at least with this win I may venture to put my name up on the other thread all about men wearing pink :p

Quite like this idea, maybe on the Tour thread whoever is winning our little league can claim to be the Yellow Jersey holder in their signature. Then we really will be geeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh, and anyone who can spell dyslexia correctly, clearly isn't dyslexic :wink:
That thought did cross my mind.
I put it down to this thread and some of my legendary spelling it induces in me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Click on leagues, last one on the tool bar, next to riders.

I'm 843th, 3537 points, with Culvers in my sights.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How do I see the overall? Wish I'd noticed Qatar and Oman had been included.

When you click on the league tab, it should have our NSC league at the top. Just above it, it says Competition This : Overall. Just click on overall then our league to see where you stand.

Last edited:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Ah, I'd never noticed that (can't see it too well on a phone screen).

Didn't realise I was so far behind, it's about 1300 points! I won the tour down under and the classics with 2nd in the giro and I am still taking a beating.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ah, I'd never noticed that (can't see it too well on a phone screen).

Didn't realise I was so far behind, it's about 1300 points! I won the tour down under and the classics with 2nd in the giro and I am still taking a beating.

Missing out on 12 stages soon adds up. Especially Qatar as it was sprinters all the way so was relatively straight forward to score big points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hello everyone. I bought a Boardman Hybrid Comp yesterday and absolutely bloody love it.
Never ridden a bike which didn't have a suspension before, so it's a bit of a shock. But fantastic fun and surprisingly comfy!

That is all.

:)
As we The Geeks, are at a loose end, what with the end of The Giro, I thought I'd check in with you.

How's your conversion to 2 wheels going, still fun?
Are you in a position yet to don the lycra and profess your undying love to Victoria Pendleton, or is it still to soon.

Have you investigated getting those 2 gremlins sorted?

Keep us posted.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I still think it is wrong to pay to watch a road race. Ticket it if you must, but the tickets should be free.

Yes I agree, but thats the whole Olympics money machine in action, they obviously need to limit access but should be a free ballot, I believe cycling weekly and british cycling turned down free allocation of wristbands in protest of charge.

However, I will be trying to secure some tickets in a couple of hours. Loads of places to watch for free if I don't get them.

http://www.london2012.com/documents/venue-documents/cycling-road-race-route.pdf

Attachments

• CycleRoadRace_Neutral.jpg
    CycleRoadRace_Neutral.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 39

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apologies Time Trail fans, we will also have Cancellara and Yellow jersey wearing (cough) Wiggens going head to head over this great course, tickets also available for start/finish gates at 11am
I just can't see (***cough***) yellow jersey wearing (***cough***) Wiggins having the personal discipline and fortitude, to achieve such greatness and keep a lid it.
In order to win just another Olympic gold a few days later.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just can't see (***cough***) yellow jersey wearing (***cough***) Wiggins having the personal discipline and fortitude, to achieve such greatness and keep a lid it.
In order to win just another Olympic gold a few days later.

Without Cancellara, Tony Martin et el chasing him around Hampton Court, with the Giro over all build up to the Tour de France and hunt for Olympic Gold, bring it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here