Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it on anything terrestrial? Can only see that its on UK Eurosport. Don't even seem to be any terrestrial highlights on other than some crummy UK women's event.
I don't think so.
If it's anywhere it'll be ITV4 and I'm sure they would have mentioned it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it gets a bad press but I do love the look of a TTT, irrespective as to whether its done brilliantly or really badly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey even the weather wants GreenEdge to win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tipster Stat strikes again.

MediGull

Nov 14, 2011
Brighton
Cracking TTT there! I hope it's a sign of an interesting Giro to come.

I always love the Giro, such varied Parcours, extremes of weather and full on racing. Just a shame there aren't one or two more strong teams there really pushing for the GC.

Dai Rigo.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Cracking TTT there! I hope it's a sign of an interesting Giro to come.

I always love the Giro, such varied Parcours, extremes of weather and full on racing . Just a shame there aren't one or two more strong teams there really pushing for the GC.

Dai Rigo.

This bit is exactly why the strong teams aren't there. No one would risk a giro-tour double these days and the big bucks are in July.

Still good to watch though, except for Dan Martin and the manhole cover!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BnOD6AiIEAAGNnS.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's Giro-o'clock.

OGE 8/11 but 2-1 the field.

Stranger things have happened, BMC and Movistar won't just roll over.

Did you really think anyone was going to get near to Greenedge today???

I was surprised Movistar finished so far down, but then again I haven't seen any highlights to know if they had a Garmin moment or not.

Good to see AG2R not losing too much, and Majka can make use of the Saxo seconds too. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you really think anyone was going to get near to Greenedge today???

I was surprised Movistar finished so far down, but then again I haven't seen any highlights to know if they had a Garmin moment or not.

Good to see AG2R not losing too much, and Majka can make use of the Saxo seconds too. :)
The weather won that for GreenEdge.
I didn't think they would lose, but as it proved it wasn't the cake walk OGE had planned.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The weather won that for GreenEdge.
I didn't think they would lose, but as it proved it wasn't the cake walk OGE had planned.

Again, I've seen none of it - did Greenedge get to go in the dry whilst the likes of BMC had rain to contend with?

Either way, Greenedge won because they had nearly a whole bloody team of TT'ers and this was their major Giro target, surely???

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Again, I've seen none of it - did Greenedge get to go in the dry whilst the likes of BMC had rain to contend with?

Either way, Greenedge won because they had nearly a whole bloody team of TT'ers and this was their major Giro target, surely???

That's right. OPQS did the best ride - 5s slower and stayed upright in the grease.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody hell!, just been and read a report - Dan Martin out with a broken collarbone! :eek:

Absolutely gutted for him :( His chance for his best placing in a GT yet, and starting in Ireland too, and it ends like this on the very first day. That's a real sickener. Sad loss to the race as he certainly would have animated a few stages along the way.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Bloody hell!, just been and read a report - Dan Martin out with a broken collarbone! :eek:

Absolutely gutted for him :( His chance for his best placing in a GT yet, and starting in Ireland too, and it ends like this on the very first day. That's a real sickener. Sad loss to the race as he certainly would have animated a few stages along the way.

url]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

OGE were second out of the gate, after Columbia.
It started to rain the moment they turned the last corner into the 200 mtr final straight.
Movistar got the worst of the weather.
BMC and OPQS were about half an hour away from dry roads.

There was one particular tight corner that OGE cut, and everyone else had to all but get off and walk.
Even then a Movistar rider rode into the crowd, coming out of the apex.
There's your 5 seconds right there.
OGE won, but not in the style of an odd on favourite with a whole team of TT'ers.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey!, these Giro sprint stages could end up being a procession at this rate. That was just too easy. Canondale need to know when to not be taken for a mug or else Viviani is going to struggle here.

Top ride by Tjallingii in the break. Always seems to have been visible this Spring.

Dunkerque closing coverage on now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One thing from yesterday, and the 5kms I watched today.

I think the phrase 'heavy roads' was really noticeable.
Maybe it was just the weather, and the fact the roads were narrow and penned in, but I convinced myself the bikes weren't rolling along.
Everyone seemed to be struggling to put some speed down.

Belfast is no Corsica.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
One thing from yesterday, and the 5kms I watched today.

I think the phrase 'heavy roads' was really noticeable.
Maybe it was just the weather, and the fact the roads were narrow and penned in, but I convinced myself the bikes weren't rolling along.
Everyone seemed to be struggling to put some speed down.

Belfast is no Corsica.

Big winds as well, though you are correct. Talking of Corsica I will be there in a few weeks, along with the bike :thumbsup:

Oh and 1,2,4,7,8,9 and 12. I gambled on no picks for the TTT concentrating on as many sprinters as possible for today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here