Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Good stage to watch though, I enjoyed it a great deal. It always nice to see the break stay away.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Me too, nice to see hard work rewarded.

Still when any work was done by the peleton it was pretty much Liquigas yet again. Makes you wonder if they've overstretched themselves so far in an attempt to keep it all together for Basso ?

I can't wait for the serious mountains to start.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It was a good breakaway, that always stood a chance when Sandy Casar was part of it. Especially so with the amount of riders in it.

Anyone seen a map of the last kilometre today? Any daft tight bends in there too ruin/ spice up the finish?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It was a good breakaway, that always stood a chance when Sandy Casar was part of it. Especially so with the amount of riders in it.

Anyone seen a map of the last kilometre today? Any daft tight bends in there too ruin/ spice up the finish?
dead straight and flat for the final 3km

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be a different story if he was winning the stages, he was in the breaks for.
As it is I'm as sure as you can be that it's genuine.
He's just doing all his hard work from 0-70kms, instead of everyone else, working from 100-200+kms.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The next best thing to winning, is reminding everyone your there.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Wonder what run in they have done today to stop the manx missile, heard its not too bad

Attachments

• bike_barrier.jpg
    bike_barrier.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 53

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Left it late but Easy in the end for CAV I think it was Renshaws wheel he took...

He actually free wheeled for a bit before the sprint as well so as not to go to soon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Free wheeling 100 metres from the line in 6th, and winning by a couple of bike lengths.

Cav is a bit special.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Well that was all a bit ridiculous. Boxed in, forced to free wheel for twenty metres, lost his train = Cav wins by more than a bike length. What is the point in other sprinters even trying? The only people that can beat Cav are the organisers.

1st, 6th and 7th for me today. Probably still less than 1066 though, who seems to beat me by a few points every day. And 19th too.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It's great to hear the belgian commentators being so nice about Cav, they were really impressed that he had to stop sprinting to avoid Goss and yet got going again and pulled away. Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here