Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that was all a bit ridiculous. Boxed in, forced to free wheel for twenty metres, lost his train = Cav wins by more than a bike length. What is the point in other sprinters even trying? The only people that can beat Cav are the organisers.

1st, 6th and 7th for me today. Probably still less than 1066 though, who seems to beat me by a few points every day. And 19th too.

Just finished watching highlights. You sum the sprint situation up perfectly...the others must be so disheartened.

Road cc is down at the moment so can't check scores. One things for sure, I made another schoolboy error last night that lost me 9 pts and a free transfer today. Also didn't put Kristoff back in, having put him in for the trickier sprint the other day - again, another mistake.

Really looking forward to tomorrow now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok then chaps, here are my goats.

NSC's finest & Roman, as usual.
Henao & J Rod

Cabedo, Pauwels, Pozzovivo, Rubiano, Tiralongo.

There's a couple of others I'd like in, but I think there's a few points there, for starters.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ok then chaps, here are my goats.

NSC's finest & Roman, as usual.
Henao & J Rod

Cabedo, Pauwels, Pozzovivo, Rubiano, Tiralongo.

There's a couple of others I'd like in, but I think there's a few points there, for starters.

Looks good, I'm gonna be stuck with at least one sprinter for tomorrow plus my teams very own Ashley Barnes*, Jesse Sergent, survives for yet another day as I have more important transfers to make. He was put in for the prologue in the hopes he might do something but has survived 13 stages now, contributing about ten points along the way, thanks Jesse.

* Obscure football reference, for those that are in to that sport.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very nearly went back to Stanbrogio :shrug: for about the 4th time, but I resisted.
Ryder's my only mainstay, naturally I'd love for him to be relevant for the whole 3 weeks.
Roman has popped out but not for long, and may well be back for good.

I need to find some cash to swap Henao for someone.
Pauwels will probably come out to generate some more cash for the star position leaving one last, very cheap climber.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1st, 6th and 7th for me today. Probably still less than 1066 though, who seems to beat me by a few points every day. And 19th too.

I was correct 1066 beat me by eight today. Every day I think I might catch up a bit, every day he scores a little more than me.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Looks good, I'm gonna be stuck with at least one sprinter for tomorrow plus my teams very own Ashley Barnes*, Jesse Sergent, survives for yet another day as I have more important transfers to make. He was put in for the prologue in the hopes he might do something but has survived 13 stages now, contributing about ten points along the way, thanks Jesse.

* Obscure football reference, for those that are in to that sport.

My absent mindedness from this morning has left me with 4 transfers for the mountain stages. Needless to say, out with Goss and Demare. Have opted for Uran (should be some guaranteed young rider points) and Basso. Other ones have been used on random domestiques who finished ok in the other mountain stages and don't cost much!

It looks very much like I'm chasing Pantani for second place. The top spot is becoming a bit of a procession!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That top spot can change easily yet, still a way to go. As I say, I can't believe I screwed up last night. Lost a few valuable points but, more importantly, a wasted transfer from the bank as a result. Transfers more than anything are going to be crucial, especially as there's still one more sprint stage tucked in amongst the mountains and that all important ITT to finish. Transforming a team to suit each stage with just 2 transfers per day is tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here