Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I toyed with putting Pozzato in today. I think he could nick something if the break is reeled in and it doesn't go to a bunch sprint. Also considered Ballan.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on Eurosport, hurry up !, I want to see my man Rubiano riding them all off his wheel. :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
7 minutes to make up in 50km. Could the breakaway stay away?

That was the time from Navardauskas, who's off the back of the main bunch.

Touch and go whether this break lasts I'd say. Probably Pozzato will go and make me gutted for not putting him in. Ideally, my man Rubiano will go off the front of the front group and take the stage win, but it's a tough ask.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My team for today:

Cav, G, Goss, Hesjedal. Demare, Navardauskas, Rubiano, Impey, Balloni.
Wouldn't have picked him if my life depended on it.
Chapeau

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2nd overall for the whole competition for that stage. Good going and a 100 plus gap at the top of our league now!
Blimey 1066, top work.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
2nd overall for the whole competition for that stage. Good going and a 100 plus gap at the top of our league now!

Blimey !, 2nd in the whole comp for the stage :) So close yet so far away from a prize then. Shows how massive the points can be if you can get lucky with a big break winner like that - Rubiano scored a massive 69 points all on his today! I picked him for the reasons he said after his stage win - going for the mountains jersey today, the stage win was just a massive bonus on top. Really pleased for him....obviously :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Phinney last over the line, so he picked up a total of 11 points today :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably the first Trek, I have ever liked.
1336751932139-z9dpp3uyfe2c-670-75.jpg

But that's not surprising as it is Jens'
1336751932139-1x2kj7z9ssmtx-670-75.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looking nice that, and I too don't really like Trek ordinarily. Specialized always take my eye.

Thinking of asking for the cycle to work scheme at work so I can hopefully try then buy one of these three. It's the 2011 Sirrus Expert I particularly like the look of. It's been heavily reduced and the spec matches the 2012 comp. My full suspension mountain bike is doing my head in on my work commute. I know it's sacrilege to you SB, but I will be going hybrid/road and not full road as then I can use it for the work commute and still go along the seafront and such like with the kids too, as well as some longer rides with the eldest.

6894.png
specialized-sirrus-comp-2012-hybrid-bike.jpg
specialized-sirrus-elite-2012-hybrid-bike.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What a win by Rubiano. He destroyed the field today (yesterday). Just watched the highlights, thinking no one will score much today, log on here and the seer that is 1066 has picked Rubiano. Gob smacked and a little proud that one of our community managed to pick a rider that very few even thought of, Chapeau!

Transfers today are difficult. You need mountain men, I think, as it is a hill top finish but I do not have enough transfers to bring enough of them in. I've gone for two that will start to reflect what I want by the end of the Giro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here