Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the confidence, only a new day can bring.

I was just about to go 'Billy Big Bollox' but with only 2 changes I'm still running pretty much the same team as today.
So I really need to shut up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't have a great deal of confidence for tomorrow as I keep using up all my transfers, so I'm playing catch up all the while. It's a hedged bet team at best for me now.

I should have actually reworded my previous post about the two going out the back tomorrow. It's hardly a prediction - they've already GONE out the back today :lol:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm so glad I took the gamble of not using any transfers today so that I had more to play with for tomorrow.

Ironically my team done well today, so I've probably shot myself in the foot for tomorrow and the breakaway will fail miserably and I'll be left with about 3 points.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm so glad I took the gamble of not using any transfers today so that I had more to play with for tomorrow.

Ironically my team done well today, so I've probably shot myself in the foot for tomorrow and the breakaway will fail miserably and I'll be left with about 3 points.

Picking riders to get in a breakaway I find the hardest thing to do. I don't think I've managed to get one in yet since we've been doing this League.

Nice work today btw :thumbsup:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just downloaded the RaboCycling app on Android. Shows all the races and stages Rabobank are entering. I think out may be quite useful to glance at. Doesn't show much about the riders, but gives stage profiles and start times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryder & Roman. Nieve & for the last time Keukeleire.

Ulissi, the next transfer out to nowheresville, Santambrogio, Carrara, Boaro, Pauwels.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Picking riders to get in a breakaway I find the hardest thing to do. I don't think I've managed to get one in yet since we've been doing this League.

Nice work today btw :thumbsup:
I've got one today, what does it mean for my team?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've got one today, what does it mean for my team?

Mine are liking waiting for buses - you never see one , then two come along at once ! :banana: Although I note now that Balloni has dropped back a bit with three others.

On the down side, I don't think we get breakaway points in stage races, only in the one day classics :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hushovd abandoned. That was always on the cards after yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if Phinney & Bos go next.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My team for today:

Cav, G, Goss, Hesjedal. Demare, Navardauskas, Rubiano, Impey, Balloni.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was all in for Thor for today, until yesterday's ride.
I'm glad I changed my mind.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bollocks! Was hoping he was saving himself a bit yesterday. :(

I think anyone finishing that far back on what was a relatively easy stage yesterday is probably struggling. Hence Phinney & Bos being straight out my team for today (cue Bos now dragging himself over these 'medium mountains' and winning a sprint stage later on :lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here