Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
:lolol:

Thanks 10.

I've just about got my head around why I dodged a post ride pain sesh. It was SB who commented that my training ride was harder than 99% of the L2B and now I see why. Dead chuffed to have made it up the Beacon. Still.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

Thanks 10.

I've just about got my head around why I dodged a post ride pain sesh. It was SB who commented that my training ride was harder than 99% of the L2B and now I see why. Dead chuffed to have made it up the Beacon. Still.
Did you get involved in any chains on the way down to Ditchling?

I was still pretty wet behind the ears, the last time I did the L2B, but myself a 2 other fellas absolutely blasted that whole section.
Nobody came past, or stayed on our wheel.

I didn't have a great deal in the tank and was lucky to get over the beacon, but it was worth it for the 20 mile blast.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No. Didn't see any either despite looking on your advice. Don't know if the dampness put paid to that, or just unlucky timing.

Thought the bloke in flares on the chopper deserved the most credit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NSC CAPS

With this being a NOT FOR PROFIT venture, I, well my credit card, could carry the burden but obviously that ain't happening if the 25 aren't sold:-

£7 x 25 = £175.00 + £20 = £195.00 + 20% = £234 / 25 = £9.36 each
Plus on top of that, you'll need to pay your postage, from me to you. I've used all my free stamps this year.

Which leads onto the caps themselves.
Design by committee never works. Here's the template we've kind of been working to, if my memory serves:-

Colour - Brighton Blue.
.......... 4 white stripes from front to back across the centre panel.

White lettering - RIDE or FALL

....................... smaller 'hand written' back northstandchat then below cycling geeks, preferably something more Italic, but you get the point.

....... Brim side - Albion logo

Just 3 left to sell.

As there's still 3 to sell, I'll keep this running on 'geeks', but will also PM you all.
When they are all sold I'll keep to correspondence to PM only.

Ok chaps I've paid for the caps and submitted our designs for their team to produce artwork proofs from.
As and when I sign off the proofs, (I guess that depends on the quality of my submissions) delivery is expected in 6-8 weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we have to have "geeks" written on it? We all ride bikes, we're prime athletes, not geeks!
All their products have their logo. In the caps case it is at the back.

My intention (we shall see) is to incorporate it with an oval shaped wrap around Northstandchat at the top, cycling geeks below.

I believe that was a direct result of you saying 'strewth cobber I ain't avin geek written big on my clobber' (or words to that effect)

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else done their Tour team yet?

There's no padding out with 3 pointers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No but my challenge is completely screwed up by 6 days in France without Internet!
No but if you could correspond the 6 days to the middle week, when I never score any points, I'll come too!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've done a random team (as usual). 3 from the top row and six from the bottom.
I bet you start with 8 completely different riders.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No but my challenge is completely screwed up by 6 days in France without Internet!

Have you a friend you can give your account details to so s/he can pick your team for you whilst you're away?

Alternatively, in the the spirit of fairness and level playfieldnessesssss, I for one would be willing to go purist, either for the whole Tour or for 6 days, if everyone else was up for it. Would screw up our GC ambitions but a fair and decent NSC league is where it's really at. Would be nice to have a break from the game for a while and enjoy the race for itself for a change anyway.

Alternatively, you can just give me the holiday and I'd gladly forget all about the game for 6 glorious days in France :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here