Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB, you pull me up about my avatar, but your sig?

I was hanging on so I could quote my own brilliance at cycling tips.

I guess I'll have a long wait. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
last one:-

4329475e7c77d444ffc308d3bbc18d71.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was hanging on so I could quote my own brilliance at cycling tips.

I guess I'll have a long wait. :down:

And you'll have an even longer wait if you was planning on citing a respectable fantasy cycling palmares :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And you'll have an even longer wait if you was planning on citing a respectable fantasy cycling palmares :lol:
My level of commitment to Fantasy is there for all to see!

I meant to say earlier.
Cracking ride from Visconti today.

I definitely fell into predicable Tour de France trap #4, with him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SBBAOCFYVF

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And he didn't even have Visconti. I'm stuck for tomorrow...I think it'll have to be the long game, and some guessing!
You've got plenty of time to think about it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And he didn't even have Visconti. I'm stuck for tomorrow...I think it'll have to be the long game, and some guessing!

Impossible to have worked Visconti into my team, not that I'd even considered him anyway, but nice to have you guessing for a bit :) Was a top ride by him today to hold off the GC big boys solo like that.

As for the guessing...they'll be plenty of that for the next two stages. Nothing clear cut about them that's for sure. We've had it easy for picks these past two days, now the hard bit is to come.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got 6 transfers for Tuesday.

I'm using the lot.
I'm going to leave Nibs, Pirazzi and odd BMC man (there has to be a reason he got into my team) the rest are out, in favour of decent riders from squads with no GC contention.

All or nothing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm using the lot.
I'm going to leave Nibs, Pirazzi and odd BMC man (there has to be a reason he got into my team) the rest are out, in favour of decent riders from squads with no GC contention.

All or nothing.

You mention bringing in decent riders like its a change in tactic!? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You mention bringing in decent riders like its a change in tactic!? ???
Oi, mouth almighty. :lol:

I outscored you by 30 points yesterday, and judging by your team of sprinters :facepalm: I did the same again the day before.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Congratulations to the NSC Cycling Geeks at the Spring Sportive from Plumpton Races on Saturday.

EPIC Route (75 miles)
@speadbetting seagull - GOLD 04:26:25
Myself - GOLD 04:40:35
@pogue mahone - GOLD 04:39:25 (I've listed him below me as we started together and after doing the whole route Spreadbetting and his mates caught us up about 7 miles from the finish and so we had a lead out train back into Plumpton. Pogue sat at the back pretending to be shot, then with 3/4mile to go, tried a classic attack on the final descent into Plumpton. His delight at the prospect of winning was quickly stifled however when he realised I still had his wheel, and so I definitely crossed the line in front - not that it's a race, it's a sportive....:banana:)

STANDARD Route 58miles
@hamilton - GOLD 03:34:45 (on his new carbon no less!)

This was a great Sportive and a brilliant route, lots of fast very smooth country lanes, beautiful morning. We do need to get some NSC Geek caps though I reckon!! Congrats to all, we averaged about 17 mph, with some descents getting up to 39 mph. Great stuff.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

I'm using the lot.

All or nothing.

Going all out for the breakaway win!!!

I've toyed with my 4 transfers for tomorrow as its tempting to try and pick stage winners but the sensible thing to do is consolidate!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going all out for the breakaway win!!!

I've toyed with my 4 transfers for tomorrow as its tempting to try and pick stage winners but the sensible thing to do is consolidate!
Consolidate conshmolidate.

7 riders nobody else will have in their team, in it to win it, or die trying.
It's what got me through 'Nam.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Congratulations to the NSC Cycling Geeks at the Spring Sportive from Plumpton Races on Saturday.

EPIC Route (75 miles)
@speadbetting seagull - GOLD 04:26:25
Myself - GOLD 04:40:35
@pogue mahone - GOLD 04:39:25 (I've listed him below me as we started together and after doing the whole route Spreadbetting and his mates caught us up about 7 miles from the finish and so we had a lead out train back into Plumpton. Pogue sat at the back pretending to be shot, then with 3/4mile to go, tried a classic attack on the final descent into Plumpton. His delight at the prospect of winning was quickly stifled however when he realised I still had his wheel, and so I definitely crossed the line in front - not that it's a race, it's a sportive....:banana:)

STANDARD Route 58miles
@hamilton - GOLD 03:34:45 (on his new carbon no less!)

This was a great Sportive and a brilliant route, lots of fast very smooth country lanes, beautiful morning. We do need to get some NSC Geek caps though I reckon!! Congrats to all, we averaged about 17 mph, with some descents getting up to 39 mph. Great stuff.

I like the caps idea.

I appear to have beaten you by over a minute! So your description must be false, and my attack must have been successful. Or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here