Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I have been all about the soccerball for 2 days straight, t'is amazing what a performance can do.

I completely missed MSR and had expected to watch some highlights, but haven't got round to it.

We can fairly safely say the prospect of England San Marino will jolt me back to my default setting, pretty soon.

Glad to hear it. We have another race this weekend that deserves our collective attention.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Sir Bradley looked very good today! :thumbsup: (no spoilers...)

The Catalunya squads must be having a wry smile today setting off in 18 deg and bright sunshine!

Not today. It's snow for them too!

What were we doing halfway down page 2? Oh dear.

So are the Spring Classics run as a tour according to the Fantasy rules?

Yep, the spring classics are lumped together but you get loads of transfers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not today. It's snow for them too!

Yep, the spring classics are lumped together but you get loads of transfers.

There's snow to the side of the road, but it's still beautifully sunny! :cool:

All of them in shorts, and a lot in short sleeves. It looks amazing to be honest. Catch the highlights as it was a great finish! :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We can't retreat to here at the first sign of every crisis, can we?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We can't retreat to here at the first sign of every crisis, can we?

Yes, we can. I will tell you what has pissed me off though, never mind Gus going to Reading. Why are the Tour of Catalunya highlights on so late, or so early, or when I have to go to work. Stupid Eurosport!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, we can. I will tell you what has pissed me off though, never mind Gus going to Reading. Why are the Tour of Catalunya highlights on so late, or so early, or when I have to go to work. Stupid Eurosport!

Eurosport properly ****ed up their schedules today. I've ended up with recorded World Curling Championships instead of the highlights, I only caught the last 20mins of the race live by accident as their TV schedule said they were starting their coverage at 4pm. They are idiots at times, very unreliable.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
125 posts. About time your avatar changed Mr Moto. :D

I know.

I don't want, but I wouldn't mind, a GPS device. I've been outbid on a couple of Garmin Edge 200s on the bay and am quite surprised as to how keen some people are for them. Halfords are knocking them out for £95 yet one fella wants £85 for a used one. Think I'd go £55 tops + postage. Can't see that any more than that is worth not paying Halfords for a genuine brand new with full guaranteed one. Anyone wanna pitch in?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know.

I don't want, but I wouldn't mind, a GPS device. I've been outbid on a couple of Garmin Edge 200s on the bay and am quite surprised as to how keen some people are for them. Halfords are knocking them out for £95 yet one fella wants £85 for a used one. Think I'd go £55 tops + postage. Can't see that any more than that is worth not paying Halfords for a genuine brand new with full guaranteed one. Anyone wanna pitch in?
I can't remember if you've had this recommendation, or not, so just in case it's the latter, try here:-
BikeRadar.com View forum - Road parts
and here
BikeRadar.com View forum - Road parts

If nothing else it'll give you realistic price points.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know.

Ebay really does seem to be a sellers market. Ridiculous prices on there by and large, especially for cycling things these days. SB has pointed you in a better direction.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey, these cobbled classics are tough!

I just looked at the full results sheet for Dwars Door Vlaanderen today and there was over a hundred riders on a DNF. Only 64 finished.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know.

Do you have a smart phone?

I use my iPhone 4S for all my rides using MotionX GPS when I follow a map for directions, and for recording my ride on Strava (I've also been trying runtastic.)

I now also have the Wahoo Blue Heart Rate monitor and Wahoo Blue Speed and Cadence sensors - and they are great. I have the wahoo fitness app running on my screen telling me my heart rate, cadence and speed plus elapsed time, distance travelled etc.

The phone is safely and water proofed in a Topeak handle bar mount.

The only con is battery life, however I've not had a problem with 5 hr rides so far.

If you already have the phone, then for under £100, you can effectively turn into a £400 cycle computer. Worth considering, especially since you'd only need the mount at £15 to pretty much do everything the Garmin Edge 200 can do and probably more.

If you don't have a usable smart phone however, this post has been a waste of time!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Thanks SB. Not an awful lot of GPS get sold on there though. Thanks too 1066FM but I'm not so sure. One chap (mind you he is from West Susssex!) wants £90 for a used once one, but Amazon have them brand new for that. I guess if there's no competition, he can be bullish but who would really chose that over a genuine brand new one?
[MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION], tell me the lidl stuff ain't good quality. £5 for a decent floor pump is a steal.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If I was on the look out for a floor/track pump, personally I wouldn't be tempted by the Lidl one at that price as I suspect you'd get what you pay for there.

Clothing wise though, I can definitely recommend, if you're not bothered about name brand labels, as others can testify to on here.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If I was on the look out for a floor/track pump, personally I wouldn't be tempted by the Lidl one at that price as I suspect you'd get what you pay for there.

Clothing wise though, I can definitely recommend, if you're not bothered about name brand labels, as others can testify to on here.

Well, you know I like a bargain! I saw some motorbike gear advertised there recently and thought it was dangerously cheap: £35 for a lid! The base layer stuff looked very good value though. I could go for those lights and glasses though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here