Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
This will be incredibly managed and structured by armstrong's people. He'll confess but blame it on the sporting culture, then he'll deny all the other stuff like bullying/bribery/intimidation. Cue a long bit about his fight with cancer, how much of a family man he is and how hard all this has been on them. Finally, a rousing montage in slow motion of how live strong is changing lives around the world!!!

Oprah isn't exactly Paxman is it!
That was my thoughts. She's not even Polly Evans either is she. More of a wet fish.

EDIT: And with that we've just hit 100 pages (40 posts per page).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This will be incredibly managed and structured by armstrong's people. He'll confess but blame it on the sporting culture, then he'll deny all the other stuff like bullying/bribery/intimidation. Cue a long bit about his fight with cancer, how much of a family man he is and how hard all this has been on them. Finally, a rousing montage in slow motion of how live strong is changing lives around the world!!!

Oprah isn't exactly Paxman is it!

So this, 'show me the money'...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have just applied to join the league with The Flying Milkmen, I cut my teeth a bit last year playing on my tod but I think I am ready to join the Cycling Geeks Super League now!

You are in as the, hopefully not unlucky, 13th person to join.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'll be giving this Fantasy Cycling malarky a crack this year, having failed to do so last time. I doubt I'll be in an early breakaway, and expect stupid questions about how it works that I should've read, but surely *knowing* what your doing isn't in the spirit of it....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'll be giving this Fantasy Cycling malarky a crack this year, having failed to do so last time. I doubt I'll be in an early breakaway, and expect stupid questions about how it works that I should've read, but surely *knowing* what your doing isn't in the spirit of it....

Indeed, Stat Brother has spent the last year proving that point very effectively.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

This.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
While I'm here, I can't help but notice that I seem to be the only (fairly) regular contributor to this thread who has signed up for the REMF cycle from Selhurst to the Amex next September. It's a sticky thread at the top. I'm sure there must be more of you that want to be a part of this - come and join us!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
While I'm here, I can't help but notice that I seem to be the only (fairly) regular contributor to this thread who has signed up for the REMF cycle from Selhurst to the Amex next September. It's a sticky thread at the top. I'm sure there must be more of you that want to be a part of this - come and join us!

I'll have a think after the HH bike ride, so unfit at the moment. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm kind of thinking of signing myself and Jnr up, the nearer the date gets to his 9th birthday the more confident I become, although I'm still far from convinced.

On a personal level I'm not great at riding slowly.
I quickly become more of an arsehole than usual, even when I'm really trying not too.

As a caveat I'm a bit of an arse when riding fast :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Indeed, Stat Brother has spent the last year proving that point very effectively.
Oi as true as that might be I do have feeling you know :lol:

I guess I could read the instructions this time, but I know what's going to happen.
It'll be the same as last year, when I found out we got 10 points for last place.

I got so fixated on picking the last man, I completely forgot about who might win!

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm kind of thinking of signing myself and Jnr up, the nearer the date gets to his 9th birthday the more confident I become, although I'm still far from convinced.

On a personal level I'm not great at riding slowly.
I quickly become more of an arsehole than usual, even when I'm really trying not too.

As a caveat I'm a bit of an arse when riding fast :lol:

Junior is obviously a bit keener than my two 'older juniors' - and good for him. A brave decision to ride 50 miles with a nine year old, but I know what you mean about riding slowly - it would certainly test my patience!

But if he's not ready, he could meet us at the end - maybe cycle the last ten miles or something. Either way, I think this'll be fun!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Junior is obviously a bit keener than my two 'older juniors' - and good for him.
But if he's not ready, he could meet us at the end - maybe cycle the last ten miles or something. Either way, I think this'll be fun!
That did occur to me the last time it was raised, thanks for reminding me.
Do we meet at the top of Ditchling, or the bottom :evil:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here