[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Voeckler?

Well then, shoot me down and stone me.

Didn't have a clue. :shrug:

My apologies.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's SB who has questions to answer...where's the bloody Europcar Jersey then!?

Should have been one of the first up, surely :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They're only a continental team though, or have they been upgraded this season?

A mere triviality...it's Europcar for crying out loud!

SB's nipper will be very disappointed in him for missing this one out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A mere triviality...it's Europcar for crying out loud!

SB's nipper will be very disappointed in him for missing this one out.
The latter is true, but the Europcar 2013 jersey is a little tough to find, or it's identical to last years.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Going by Team Europcar's site it looks like it may well be this (even though this is the gillet). Not very different from last year.
gilet_ss_manches_europcar2_1_1.jpg

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Lance is the story that keeps on giving
Report: Armstrong's Alleged Donation To USADA | Cyclingnews.com

Armstrong attorney denies $250k offer, Tygart confirms
Although the US Anti-Doping Agency's final "reasoned decision" on its lifetime ban of Lance Armstrong has had months to gather dust, a new segment from 60 Minute Sports to be aired on Wednesday is reportedly going to bring to light new allegations of possible graft by the now-former seven time Tour de France champion.
The report by Scott Pelley, the same journalist who first brought Tyler Hamilton's allegations of doping by Armstrong to light on the television network CBS, is said to have confirmation from USADA CEO Travis Tygart on an offer by Armstrong to donate a large sum of money, up to $250,000.
"I was stunned," Tygart says in the interview, according to USA Today. "It was clear - it was a clear conflict of interest for USADA. We had no hesitation in rejecting that offer."
While USADA was keen to point out in its 1,000+ page reasoned decision that Armstrong gave some $100,000 to the UCI, and Tygart heavily criticized the sport's governing body for accepting the money, nowhere in the document does it state that Armstrong also attempted to provide a similarly large donation to USADA in 2004, as the 60 Minutes Sports segment alleges.
Tygart did not return Cyclingnews' request for comment today, but Armstrong's attorney Tim Herman replied to a request for confirmation, stating there is "no truth to that story".
"[The] first Lance heard of it was today. He never made any such contribution or suggestion."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just go away!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm edging closer to a half decent team name.

Still second :rave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks. Love you too. :(
You know what I mean sweet cheeks. :kiss:

Lance is going to drag this out for years, instead of doing the honourable thing and going away.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
You know what I mean sweet cheeks. :kiss:

Lance is going to drag this out for years, instead of doing the honourable thing and going away.
I wish he'd just do what he's going to do sooner rather than later, and that's write a book about it. "It's all about the Syringe" or "Every injection counts" or "Drugs, Lies and Corruption: The Lance Armstrong True Story"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish he'd just do what he's going to do sooner rather than later, and that's write a book about it. "It's all about the Syringe" or "Every injection counts" or "Drugs, Lies and Corruption: The Lance Armstrong True Story"
He's doing Oprah in a couple of weeks.

Which ever direction he goes in that interview, we just know it won't be EVERYTHING.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
BBCs Second most read article and 4th most shared
BBC News - Lance Armstrong set for Oprah Winfrey interview

This will be incredibly managed and structured by armstrong's people. He'll confess but blame it on the sporting culture, then he'll deny all the other stuff like bullying/bribery/intimidation. Cue a long bit about his fight with cancer, how much of a family man he is and how hard all this has been on them. Finally, a rousing montage in slow motion of how live strong is changing lives around the world!!!

Oprah isn't exactly Paxman is it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here