Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good stuff.

Keep them coming.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Question time.

What are these brass circles in the cobbles ?
2012-04-08-079.jpg

I also took some photos of some of the past winners plaques. Here's my favourite perhaps :)
2012-04-08-088.jpg

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I see the penultimate stage of the Giro d'Italia in May goes to the top of the Passo dello Stelvio, the top gear boys used in one of their show, mother of a hill!!

Attachments

• stelvio2002.jpg
    stelvio2002.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 41

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love the fella who looks like he's already done about 20 switch backs, and is just heading straight over the side of 21.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Loving that video SB, it's like a shot of raw excitement. Brave person behind that camera !

So, not long now until Amstel Gold.

To Gilbert, or not Gilbert, that is the the question.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Loving that video SB, it's like a shot of raw excitement. Brave person behind that camera !

So, not long now until Amstel Gold.

To Gilbert, or not Gilbert, that is the the question.

I'm going not. 40 credits is too much, although he did look stronger than he has been in De Brabantse Pijl. Got a few sneak peaks at who looked strong in that one.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm going not. 40 credits is too much, although he did look stronger than he has been in De Brabantse Pijl. Got a few sneak peaks at who looked strong in that one.

It's a no from me too as I'm currently mid-research and even he isn't hopeful (plus of course his inflated price that you mention). Think I have my star riders pretty much sorted and a cert on one DS so far. More research bekons for some good domestiques now. Again, once my team is set I'm not going to fart around with it endlessly. I was caught out like that for Milan - San Remo. Just last minute check that all my team is starting is the way to go for me now. :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It's a no from me too as I'm currently mid-research and even he isn't hopeful (plus of course his inflated price that you mention). Think I have my star riders pretty much sorted and a cert on one DS so far. More research bekons for some good domestiques now. Again, once my team is set I'm not going to fart around with it endlessly. I was caught out like that for Milan - San Remo. Just last minute check that all my team is starting is the way to go for me now. :)

DS riders are really hard to find for this one. I've got a few I'm happy with, the last two are going to be real stabs in the dark. Might go for riders who go for the breaks and try to pick up points that way.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Team all sorted nice and early. Hopefully won't need to change much now but will have another fish around closer to start time in case of drop outs etc. Nice to have the luxury of unlimited transfers again for this one, although that can be a temptation for endless tinkering, and I've promised myself not to go there.

Good luck all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm an certain I have picked the top 9 for this one.

I'm equally certain I have dropped them for another 9 who actually require stabilisers.

The old cycling faces here know one of my star riders, for Amstel.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The old cycling faces here know one of my star riders, for Amstel.

Couldn't be a Canadian former mountain bike rider, could it? Available at 45-1 this time, not as good as the stellar odds you pulled in last time. I'm looking at 28-1 for Freire as the value in this one, he is always there or thereabouts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Couldn't be a Canadian former mountain bike rider, could it? Available at 45-1 this time, not as good as the stellar odds you pulled in last time. I'm looking at 28-1 for Freire as the value in this one, he is always there or thereabouts.
You can't beat the 'orrible old boy on the corner of the pub, with 1 story to tell, can you.

Oh and Freire either is or has been in my Amstel team, so sorry about that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just an hour of selecting left, for Amstel.

I hope everybody has NSC's own Ryder H, in their team.

Oh and Oscar has been in but is now out of my team, so he's now a nailed on winner.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just an hour of selecting left, for Amstel.

I hope everybody has NSC's own Ryder H, in their team.

Oh and Oscar has been in but is now out of my team, so he's now a nailed on winner.

No RH for me and Oscar was one of the first on my team sheet and I certainly wouldn't change him. I've just checked and it seems all mine are starting, so no changes. I'm going with the team I picked on Thursday night as I promised no tinkering ( even though my DS line up could no doubt be much stronger).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is probably my best line up for a while.
I did a fair amount of reading up, but also tinkered. I also left some money for 3 decent doms.

If I still maintain my current very poor run, god help me in the Giro.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey one in the break, for the first time ever.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
bollox wrong Kreder in the break :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here