Welcome to my world.
I honestly don't know why I gamble.

I bet I'm now more tired than Flecha :lol:

I'm going to walk it off, speak later.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What a ride by Boonen. He truly is one of the greats now. You do not see victorys like this very often.

My fantasy team got 1st, 3rd, 5th, 11th and 13th. Happy with that. Think Boassan Hagen must have quit to not be anywhere in the top 20.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm back, and sadly still reeling.

So well done Tom, a great ride that I didn't think he could pull off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just first and 9th for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Steve Bauer's Paris - Roubaix special from the early 90's ???

bauer_93_roubaix.jpg

The only concession that should be made is, perhaps, double bar-tape!
They mentioned that bike in the commentary.
They said it absolutely flew on the cobbles, but rode like a dog, on the other 75% of the course.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a day that was !

Hard work to be honest with little kids in tow, but well worth it to feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as the simply incredible Tom Boonen entered the velodrome to massive cheers. Didn't go for any cobbles because of the kids and was glad I made that decision. Wife wasn't feeling too great and we so we certainly weren't travelling fast and light from car to velodrome. Nice to have a slow walk up the last cobbled section leading to the velodrome though.

Couldn't believe it when Flecha came in the velodrome as part of a three (behind Boonen) and two closing on them rapidly. They were caught within half a lap and all I could think about was SB and his bet. Could just about see Ballan do him on the line from where I was and was wondering if 4th pays out on an each way bet or just top 3. Gutted to now read on here that it's only top 3 :(. Top punting all the same SB :clap2:

Tomorrow I'll try and work through the videos I took and use VLC to take some stills from it to post on here if I can.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good scoring again Sam to keep you top of the current league. Nice work Pantani too.

1st, 3rd, 5th, 9th & 16th for me. Somehow I managed to bag 132 points today. I expect Eisel bagging me 10 points for last man in must have helped too :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right, not having much joy here at all. Decided to take videos of the action so I could get stills from it, as I'd struggle to get good action pics with what I have.
So far I can't even get the videos to the computer, let alone use them :blush: I have a few pics too which I'll try to put up, starting with this panoramic. I couldn't upload the original, so I've tried compressing it instead. Not sure how it will come out. Here goes.

20120408-162540.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shot of the big screen. Let's see if this shows in a better size.
2012-04-08-093.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right let's see if a better view of that panoramic comes up now? Hopefully clicking on the image should open it up to a better size as I didn't need to compress it this time.
20120408-162540.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right, apologies all for the amateurism on display here and the thread hogging. Having finally got the videos onto my pc, I think I may just have cracked uploading stills from my videos at last. They're not great as we still didn't get a front row view so to speak, but hey ho. All taken on a Nokia N8 camera phone too so nothing amazing.

Let's see if this works. Again, click on the image to enlarge I suppose?

vlcsnap-2012-04-09-11h20m10s192.png

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
vlcsnap-2012-04-09-11h36m10s115.png

Ok, last one for now, I'll go through and see what others I can offer up.

This is now Boonen coming into the final bend for the second and last time. Makes me laugh because having gone round once on his own, he still can't help taking a sneaky look over the shoulder....just in case :lolol:

Bloody amazing victory from him yesterday ! :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My final moments from that lead chase group.

1st bend upon entering velodrome - Boom, Flecha & Ballan being chased down by Terpstra & Turgot.
lead chase group entering.png

Coming into final bend, Flecha leading them out.
lead chase group into final bend.png

Final straight, Boom sat up ages ago, just between Turgot & Ballan now for 2nd.
lead chase group into home straight.png

Hard to see from where we was, but Ballan pipped on the line by Turgot.
turgot,ballan, flecha,tepstra,boon.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here