Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cycle of violence

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I still dont understand why it wasnt a midday kick off on a sat or sunday. At least until we have played each other a few times, this was the first big encounter for a few years afterall.

I get the point about treating people like humans but trouble with evening games is everyone is in a mad dash to get home as well. A middayish k/o still gives people enough time to get home if they are kept in for a bit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I still dont understand why it wasnt a midday kick off on a sat or sunday. At least until we have played each other a few times, this was the first big encounter for a few years afterall.

I get the point about treating people like humans but trouble with evening games is everyone is in a mad dash to get home as well. A middayish k/o still gives people enough time to get home if they are kept in for a bit.

This. It was a baffling decision to play this game as an evening fixture.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Was it really that bad? Really? Anyone hospitalised? Or is perception and "chat" on web forums such as this making it worse than it actually was? In the context of 22k people? Everyone thinks a dark alley at night is unsafe to walk down. But the truth more often than not is it's just a dark alley. Nothing lurking, maybe a dog pop or two. But that's about it!

Was it really that bad? Really? Anyone hospitalised? Or is perception and "chat" on web forums such as this making it worse than it actually was? In the context of 22k people? Everyone thinks a dark alley at night is unsafe to walk down. But the truth more often than not is it's just a dark alley. Nothing lurking, maybe a dog pop or two. But that's about it!
:moo: nobody has ever died because of crowd disorder,not sure of the over reaction myself:moo:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

It really wasn't that bad. More arrests at pride apparently!

Most of it was a load of chest thumping and bravado. Both sides, depending on your mind-set, either claiming "we are tougher than you" or "you are the bigger scum bags". Load of bollocks if you ask me, not like the old days, both sets of fans happy to stand behind police lines looking mean and shouting at each other.
This rivalry suits both us and palace, evenly matched in the sense of how hardcore our fans are and always delivers a few handbags at dawn.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It really wasn't that bad. More arrests at pride apparently!

Most of it was a load of chest thumping and bravado. Both sides, depending on your mind-set, either claiming "we are tougher than you" or "you are the bigger scum bags". Load of bollocks if you ask me, not like the old days, both sets of fans happy to stand behind police lines looking mean and shouting at each other.
This rivalry suits both us and palace, evenly matched in the sense of how hardcore our fans are and always delivers a few handbags at dawn.

Exactly that. The apparent nutters at the railway bell could easily have piled into Palace before the game if they chose and the 'hardcore' Palace after the game were held back by a handful of WPCs outside the southstand. From what I saw no-one REALLY wanted it. For someone like me who wants to see Palace think twice about coming here in colours and baking a noise it was hugely disappointing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly that. The apparent nutters at the railway bell could easily have piled into Palace before the game if they chose and the 'hardcore' Palace after the game were held back by a handful of WPCs outside the southstand. From what I saw no-one REALLY wanted it. For someone like me who wants to see Palace think twice about coming here in colours and baking a noise it was hugely disappointing.

And perhaps the brain cells deep down knew these days it's a lengthy easily-enforced ban, from their beloved clubs; and criminal charges.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Exactly that. The apparent nutters at the railway bell could easily have piled into Palace before the game if they chose and the 'hardcore' Palace after the game were held back by a handful of WPCs outside the southstand. From what I saw no-one REALLY wanted it. For someone like me who wants to see Palace think twice about coming here in colours and making a noise it was hugely disappointing.

Well I'd be happier if their fans were in colours & not givin' it the 'Big 'Un' like the self-styled Casual element. I actually enjoyed seing the coppers swinging their batons at 'em, as the first mob of lairy cretins went up past the North Stand: offering themselves up & shouting abuse at shirters & folk queuing to get into Dick's Bar. They were a f***ing disgrace (although I've no doubt that we have similar 'heroes' who'd do the same given half the chance). I wish these arseholes would just move into the current Millenium rather than being stuck in the bleedin' 1980's. Unlike the 60's, if you can remember it you WERE there. And most of it was shit.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
someone was nicked on queens road for singing q song with swearing in it..

ridiculous.

ob lost there heads for 20 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here