Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cycle of violence

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
unfortuately this is the exception rather than the rule, if we're making European comparisons, If Lazio had capitulated at home to Roma in that fashion half the team would have recieved dog turds through the post by now (or within 28 days, depending on postcode)

Er, that's why I said it was the exception rather than the rule in the original post. The point is that unless the fans are willing to change no amount of processes and provisions will shift attitudes. If you can shift attitudes then it is still possible to retain rivalry and deliver a safe environment.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
unfortuately this is the exception rather than the rule, if we're making European comparisons, If Lazio had capitulated at home to Roma in that fashion half the team would have recieved dog turds through the post by now (or within 28 days, depending on postcode)

But I'm liking the dog turd idea if things get really bad.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
bicycle-start.jpeg

Did someone say Cycle of Violins?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The ridiculous thing is that a lot ofyou are posting absolute drivel declaring Palace as being violent scumbags etc. I'm not saying we don't have a idiotic minority of fans looking for bother but the bullshit about it being all us and your boys were lillywhite with your innocence is naive at best boldfaced lying at worst.

I don't think anyone is saying that mate.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
OB lost it,they shite themselves at times,walking the palace up queens road right past pubs where its known brighton drink,aint the brightest idea also,could of taken them the road behind,and all day brighton fans were given plastic glasses to drink out of,yet when palace come past a certain pub,many bottles were thrown,at brighton fans,none of the police were watching the palace fans,all were watching brighon fans,with truncheons raised,not seeing fk all,of couse brighton fans are going to react,and they did, then panic sets in,OB smacking anyone,and CS sprayed whenever,then the games began,palace fans got put on the next train to falmer,the one hundreds of brighton fans had been queueing for for over 45 minutes,what a piss take,i suppose thats what happens when OB are in thier early 20s.

PalaceKing

Sep 28, 2011
The hostility was ratcheted up to an unacceptable level on Tuesday and I do put a lot of the blame for that at the door of the Palace fans who has been on the wind up for months on here with threads of absolute lies about everything to do with the club and just generally causing bad feeling. Sure we did the same on their site but they made sure as hell it was going to kick off. We all knew it. It was so obvious.

I beg to disagree with you there Commander.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I got kicked out of Drama club the other day. It wasn't my fault, the script clearly said;"Enter Juiliet from the rear."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pissing pants time. Get over it.

If you keep your nut down you are still unlikely to get caught up. Much much less chance of getting caught in anything than if you adopted the same approach down west street each friday. Its football and the edge happens. We only play palace once down here a year so you go about your business the best you can and then move on. ( not many games will see scenes of Tue.

Football violence is in our culture, even now with massive massive prison sentences given out for nothing every single club up and down the country has hundreds willing to risk it.

You wont ever beat it so just get on with it.

Worse things happen at sea.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
Clealry Everyone on here is talking utter lies. Into context 28 arrests 20k fans etc. Sussex Police and the Club have hailed the evening a success.

I assume this mean the death count was zero, which is a damn good thing. Or Suusex police have been told by Croydon police, just another tuesday night.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
away game is gonna be a blast,with all the posters on here saying it could be lively etc,should be plenty of tiks to go round

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I beg to disagree with you there Commander.

To be fair I think he is talking more about the keyboard warriors who have been stirring things up for months on here, rather than it being all Palace causing the trouble on the evening. From what I saw it was much more Brighton than Palace causing the trouble, but then I was only drinking with Brighton fans so it's probably not a fair conclusion.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do we need a sense of proportion here.

A crowd of over 20,000 people resulted in 28 arrests. Roughly 0.01% of the crowd attending the match got their collar felt.

I would surmise that there were probably as many arrests in Brighton on Tuesday night as there were last Friday

I rather feel your missing the point. The percentage of fans who got their collar felt as you put it is very low. But then so is the percentage of people who go to a football match looking for trouble in the first place. I took my Daughter to her first game this season against Sunderland and she loved it and im chuffed to bits that she cant wait to go again. Would I take her to a game against Palace/West Ham or Millwall?. Not a chance, there was a nasty atmosphere around the ground and away from it. Not that I personally give a shit, if you got your wits about you then these things are easy to avoid. But old and young and naive people should be able to go along without fear of being hit on the head by a flying brick or caught up in any fighting just because they cant see the signs that its about to kick off. All very sad that they just cant all meet up somewhere in a field away from innocent people and kick the shit out of each other there.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
abit silly having the both palace games as evening kick offs,people drinking all day,play it early on a sunday or even saturday and you'd cut the trouble in half straight away

west ham,millwall,pompey and saints are games that need looking at by the OB,if they don't want a repeat

OB calling it a success,but 28 arrests in this day and age isn't good,then youv'e got the crimes that went unpunished,i'm sure they didn't nick everyone

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
a bit silly having the both palace games as evening kick offs,people drinking all day,play it early on a sunday or even saturday and you'd cut the trouble in half straight away

Might be hard to believe, but a few people in the Croydon area have jobs, and so having a midweek game means a few less to come to Brighton during the day to get drunk. Weekend games mean that they all come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here