Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Sign

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We are in severe danger of having a creative midfield along with some pace down the wings. There is also a very real risk of some serious competition for places.

Holy hell, at this rate we could end up running out of things to f***ing MOAN about on here.

Oct 25, 2003
We are in severe danger of having a creative midfield along with some pace down the wings. There is also a very real risk of some serious competition for places.

Holy hell, at this rate we could end up running out of things to f***ing MOAN about on here.

i'm still holding out hope of us signing a totally TURD left back

otherwise every saturday on here is gonna be BORING

"isn't forster great?"

"murray- great game"

"livermore was excellent today again"

"unbeaten still, and isn't doug loft having a great season? happy easter everyone"

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I see this as backward step and I thought that we are supposed to be a forward thinking club.

Sometimed you have to go backwards to go forwards.

I personally think he will be a quality signing on a free, we have no cover on the wing and Currie fits the bill of a creative player to bring off the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimed you have to go backwards to go forwards.

I personally think he will be a quality signing on a free, we have no cover on the wing and Currie fits the bill of a creative player to bring off the bench.

I understand your sentiment but I believe that if and when he is used it will be from the start of the game and then taken off when he has walked, cos he never runs, out of steam. Disregarding the wage side of things as I have no idea about them, the same as most on here, but I would have preferred a winger that can attack the full back at speed and then get in a cross a Gary Hart of 6 or 7 years ago, or a Stuart Storer of old.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I understand your sentiment but I believe that if and when he is used it will be from the start of the game and then taken off when he has walked, cos he never runs, out of steam. Disregarding the wage side of things as I have no idea about them, the same as most on here, but I would have preferred a winger that can attack the full back at speed and then get in a cross a Gary Hart of 6 or 7 years ago, or a Stuart Storer of old.

I dont see his pace as in issue to be honest, he wasn't the quickest when we had him a few years ago so doubt it has taken that much away from his game. If he is to start so be it. Doesn't worry me either way. We want someone who can put a decent cross/set piece onto Murrays forehead on a regular basis - we have no one else in our side that can do that at the moment.

Wingers who can attack a full back a speed and get a cross in dont come for free, nor for 1k and a set of kit anymore. As a freebie signing we wont find a better passer/crosser of the ball.

Oct 25, 2003

we have quick wingers though- currie simply offers us something different

if the other team have a quick left back and cox isn't getting much luck, we can use currie.......he's easily one of the best crossers in the league, plus his deliveries from corners and free kicks will be valuable

i can't see how this is anything but a GOOD signing

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
honestly i dont think we need currie , it would be good to have him back but we despartly need a left back at the moment and we are filling places for positions that we already currently have 2/3 places for now

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
honestly i dont think we need currie , it would be good to have him back but we despartly need a left back at the moment and we are filling places for positions that we already currently have 2/3 places for now

Why can't we sign a left back and Currie? MA is already aware we are short of a LB and I have no doubt we will have one in the next few weeks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If, like American football, we could bring on a man just to take free kicks and corners then Yes he would be a good signing but his allround game is not sufficient for us now. He does not contribute enough to the game other than those kicks. He will not take on a full back to get to the bye line and put in a cross back towards the penalty spot. All of his crosses come from 20/25 yds from the bye line out on a wing, aimed forward at the penalty spot, which are easy meat for any reasonable central defender or goalkeeper to come and collect. As Guy Butters proved many times during his career.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Mmmmm
Competition for places.
Me LIKE

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
great signing how anyone is moaning is beyond me, but thats football I guess. He will add an extra 10 goals onto our goals for column from his corners and freekicks alone. A very shrewd piece of business.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If, like American football, we could bring on a man just to take free kicks and corners then Yes he would be a good signing but his allround game is not sufficient for us now. He does not contribute enough to the game other than those kicks. He will not take on a full back to get to the bye line and put in a cross back towards the penalty spot. All of his crosses come from 20/25 yds from the bye line out on a wing, aimed forward at the penalty spot, which are easy meat for any reasonable central defender or goalkeeper to come and collect. As Guy Butters proved many times during his career.

David Beckham built an entire career out of playing like that.
And in this dire division, a bit of crafty movement from murray and Forster will see them outwitting LOADS of the cloggers in this league to get on the end of a decent delivery. Hopefully mcleod will be providing the pace down the flanks, whilst Currie provides the guile.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is the whole point he doesnt offer competition for places because he doesnt do enough in a game. If this Mc Leod is the bees knees as has been suggested that is the left side taken and there is then Jake and Coxy to fight over the other unless a younger, faster version of Currie, like Paul Brooker comes along.

ps David Beckham also tracked back sometimes which Currie has never done in his career that is why he always played in the lower leagues and never reached the heights that his passing should have taken him..

Oct 25, 2003

you seem to have a fairly blinkered view on this so i think i could be wasting my time, but here goes. If you want a team full of players who can run about, you can sign 11 marathon runners. Currie DOES actually take players on, if you;ve EVER watched him play, he won;t beat them with pace, but instead with skill, he's done this many times, and is quite clearly not just a set piece taker, but instead one of the most technically gifted players in this league.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That is the whole point he doesnt offer competition for places because he doesnt do enough in a game. If this Mc Leod is the bees knees as has been suggested that is the left side taken and there is then Jake and Coxy to fight over the other unless a younger, faster version of Currie, like Paul Brooker comes along.

Yes he does, on the basis that he is more technically gifted than ANY player in our side. Just because he doesn't run about doesn't mean he isn't good enough. Robinson has more than had his chance and offers something to the team once in 15 games. Cox would I imaging be first choice or will play through the middle.

I fail to see how one of the best passers of the ball in this division DOESN'T offer competition for places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here