Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Sign

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Happy to have Currie because five more goals from freekicks may be the difference between a succesful season or a failure. Still think we're spending too muıch time on strong positions though. Golakeeper and Leftback still need to be covered and would be encouraged by another forward. After Forster and Murray I'm not sure we've got any answers.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That is the whole point he doesnt offer competition for places because he doesnt do enough in a game. If this Mc Leod is the bees knees as has been suggested that is the left side taken and there is then Jake and Coxy to fight over the other unless a younger, faster version of Currie, like Paul Brooker comes along.

ps David Beckham also tracked back sometimes which Currie has never done in his career that is why he always played in the lower leagues and never reached the heights that his passing should have taken him..

You make it sound ike his game is somewhat different to the last time he was here, you must have been complaining about having him in the side a couple of years back.

All i remember is that we played much better football when he was in our side and his delivery we all know is way better than any of our other players.
You just dont pick up quick pacy wingers who go by defender and deliver quality crosses for free, which is what Currie is.
Escpecially in League 1 this is not what is always required.
Another great option in the squad i think, will keep Cox and Mcloed on their toes.

We will get a left back in i am sure.

Oct 25, 2003
i think goalkeeper can be solved by an emergency loan if need be, could really do with seeing if sullivan is up to it though

left back is something that needs addressing fairly urgently though

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
i think goalkeeper can be solved by an emergency loan if need be, could really do with seeing if sullivan is up to it though

left back is something that needs addressing fairly urgently though

I'm a little worried that it's not going to be. Adams has mentioned a couple of times in interviews that Livermore can play there if needed. He also said that he had a couple of irons in the fire regarding left back. Presumably one of these is the afc wimbledon player and the other...mayo? Neither of which are filling me with too much excited anticipation. Hopefully i'm just being negative though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm a little worried that it's not going to be. Adams has mentioned a couple of times in interviews that Livermore can play there if needed. He also said that he had a couple of irons in the fire regarding left back. Presumably one of these is the afc wimbledon player and the other...mayo? Neither of which are filling me with too much excited anticipation. Hopefully i'm just being negative though.

Think you are being a bit negative, Adams has got in 4 (about to be 5 with Currie) quality players in this summer. I would be astounded if we didn't find a half decent left back as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The signing of Currie would excite me more than any of the other signings so far, for the simple fact that he is CREATIVE and we already have two CLASS strikers who will score goals if they get some service. Livermore ought to be class but the nagging doubt is that he'll just get in Thomson's way rather than stamp his authority on the match and I'm really not 100% convinced about Virgo's return.
My worry is simply that this team isn't going to gel quickly enough and that is why I think 6th place is the best we can hope for this season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My worry is simply that this team isn't going to gel quickly enough and that is why I think 6th place is the best we can hope for this season.

Which will do - as long as we hit the playoffs in form...which would be the case if we don't start well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which will do - as long as we hit the playoffs in form...which would be the case if we don't start well.
Indeed it would Papa. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish 8th or 9th.

I keep thinking of the last two seasons at Millwall - wholesale changes in pre-season with several NSCers grumbling at what good signings they were making. In each season, what followed was shithouse results and a relegation scrap that they finally got away from in February.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not to keen on ex players flocking back,seems a bit stupid really as most of the players returning have been on a downward spiral recently.There is plenty of talent out the and younger:)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Not to keen on ex players flocking back,seems a bit stupid really as most of the players returning have been on a downward spiral recently.There is plenty of talent out the and younger:)

Flocking back? We've signed 1 former player who is just 25 years old and might sign another who is 33. It's not like we've signed 10 players who've all been here before.

Our other signings are Hawkins who is 30 and replacing 38 year old Guy Butters, David Livermore is 28 and Kevin McLeod is 27. Both younger than Harty, Mayo and Reid.

We've brought the squad average age down but still managed to bring in players with very recent experience of The Championship.

Some people are never happy.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
The signing of Currie would excite me more than any of the other signings so far, for the simple fact that he is CREATIVE and we already have two CLASS strikers who will score goals if they get some service. Livermore ought to be class but the nagging doubt is that he'll just get in Thomson's way rather than stamp his authority on the match and I'm really not 100% convinced about Virgo's return.

The team will gel in the pre-season friendlies. That's what they are for. If we had signed all these players in the January window then you might have some cause for concern, as the new players would have to be integrated in competitive matches.

Rest assured, the Adams revolution will be well set come August 9th. Micky's taking us to the promised land. We always knew that he would. Keep the faith.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Indeed it would Papa. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish 8th or 9th.

I keep thinking of the last two seasons at Millwall - wholesale changes in pre-season with several NSCers grumbling at what good signings they were making. In each season, what followed was shithouse results and a relegation scrap that they finally got away from in February.

Simster,

to be fair, it is not as if we have made wholesale changes anyway - we still have the spine of our team from last year and have released what can only be described as 'bit part' players.

I think the additions that have been made will gel pretty easily.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So has Currie signed or what?!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be a great signing... his passing/crossing is second to none at our level...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be a great signing... his passing/crossing is second to none at our level...

Except that it is usually from too deep so the ball keeps going through to the central defenders standing on the penalty spot. If we could get him to move to within 5 or 6 yds of the goal line that would be a benefit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here