Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Chesterfield?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
thought it was total BS about loose ends with Luton after all he could of come here and still waited to be paid.

Annoying but let's hope we get someone better

There are clauses in some contracts that state if you leave a club during that contract you forfit any right to apperance fee's or bonus payments etc that were due to you.

If Currie had one of those clauses in his contract with Luton and he was owed a lot of money above his basic contract wage he might have felt a one year deal was not worth giving up that money for, but a three year deal would mean he'd recoup that money lost to him.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Over 9,000 posts on a forum..

You might have to wash those pants soon mate :thumbsup:
I trust Cheaterfield will be be giving Currie two contracts; an official one and a real one, as they did with Luke Beckett? *waves oversize brown envelope*

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
paper3.jpg

Sign, sealed and delivered. Confirmed by club text.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Step aside Mr.Leon Knight your title as Biggest Albion tosser has been claimed by Dodgy Currie, good luck Chesterfield

Wonder if you'd think differently if Brighton had gone through what town had

Ah well..

Can't blame u for reverting to it, its gay jokes galore on our site lol

I think we can safely say that Brighton have gone through possibly a worse set of owners that Chesterfield, remember we also lost our ground!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Currie Snubs Albion for Chesterfield | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest
Currie Snubs Albion for Chesterfield
Posted on: Tue 15 Jul 2008

By Tim Dudding

Darren Currie has turned down a return to Albion in favour of a free transfer move to Luton's League Two rivals Chesterfield.

Despite agreeing personal terms with the club, former Coventry and Ipswich man Currie snubbed Albion and has left Micky Adams bitterly disappointed.

The Albion boss explained, "He used us as a tool simply to get a better deal for himself at Third Division Chesterfield, but while I am disappointed that he chose to do that, I'm not that surprised."

Currie was due to sign for the Seagulls for a second time after agreeing terms following prolonged discussions with Albion - but the move was held up by the ongoing financial situation at Luton Town.

However it is now clear Currie, who scored two goals in 38 appearances for the relegated Hatters last season, was also in discussions with Chesterfield, and has agreed a three-year deal at Saltergate.

Perhaps Adams isn't much of a fan of his personality anyway...might not be such a disaster.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
MA sounds pissed off reading quote on official site, seems Currie used us to get a better deal from himself at Chesterfield.

Which is funny, as means they have upped his wages and deal length, and in my opinion been tucked up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here