Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Chesterfield?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
not that bothered, all this MA bringing back the old guns is abit pants IMO, you cant repeat success just because you have the old names back.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Can't blame him, 3 year contract on offer.

I only came on this thread to say, after we got the Palace lad on trial, that it looked like Currie wasn't going to come! I think we'd be better off with a quick, tricky winger to get crosses in from the byline... they are much harder to defend.

eh? What Palace lad?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What an idiot Currie has turned out to be. The way he has behaved towards a club who turned his career is ridiculous. I was hoping to have him back but am now glad he is not after the way he behaved. Hope Chesterfield are stuck in League Two or relegated even more now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What an idiot Currie has turned out to be. The way he has behaved towards a club who turned his career is ridiculous. I was hoping to have him back but am now glad he is not after the way he behaved. Hope Chesterfield are stuck in League Two or relegated even more now.

what would you do in his shoes?

EXACTLY!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So, all this waiting to tie things up with Luton, was crap.

Can't blame him, better deal and all that.

But no great loss, in fact probably a blessing in disguise.

Don't they need an experienced loyal left back as well :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And btw, what would you class more as cheating?

A club being screwed over (don't get excited) by a complete criminal

Or a club demanding that another club gets thrown out of the league for their own personal gain?

A no brainer really. The first one. You would have to be some sort of dribbler to claim it was the second one.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I don't blame either.

Good move by chestefield, although i think offering him a three year deal may be a mistake.

But i agree with clippedgull, may turn out to be a blessing

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I bet Adams is well pissed off with this bit of news.:(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I am having a go at him for stringing us along, which I hope given the situation I would not do especially when we turned his career when it was going nowhere.

well again you would've done the same if you were waiting on a better deal and needed an excuse not to sign, hell even I've done it before!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

In what way has he behaved badly towards the club, he chose Luton over us last season because he wanted to be closer to his mother. Now he appears to have chosen Chesterfield over us because they've given him a three year contract. He's 34 and a contract of that length gives him security for pretty much the rest of his career.

I doubt we offered him anything more than a year, if we get promoted this season there is no way a near 36 year old Darren Currie would be good enough for the Championship. I am also sure Mickey knew that he was looking out for a longer deal and that was part of the reason he was stalling on a shorter deal with us if it meant he was going to lose monies owed to him by Luton.

I'm disapointed he won't be here to give us more strength in depth for the midfield this season but can understand his decision comes from looking after his own best interests, something we would all do in a professional situation. Try looking at things with the Albion tinted specs off for a moment.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So it was bullshit about him sorting things out with Luton when infact he was looking for a better deal.Well that sounds like Currie we know.As my other comments suggest i never wanted him here anyway.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not exactly broken up by this turn of events, don't blame Currie but frankly won't miss him either.

This of course is about the only good thing (such as it is) that will happen at Wankergate this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
thought it was total BS about loose ends with Luton after all he could of come here and still waited to be paid.

Annoying but let's hope we get someone better

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I kinda thought we wouldn't sign Currie, once MA went public. Thought at the time seemed very strange we went public on a deal when the others were signed without comment from the club until they signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here