Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip to Sheff Utd

Stumpy Tim

Seagull over SW France said:
IMHO I think it's time for Cullip to go,if we can get a fair wedge for him,think we have lived on MA's legacy for too long now

Agreed for other reasons. He will go at the end of the season otherwise, so lets cash in. Simple. And Knight & Harding can go too, though obviously Chelsea will steal some money from the Leon fee.

If we can at least get one, maybe two players on loan we'll stay up. Hinsh & Butters will be fine, El-Abd at RB, Mayo at LB.

If we end up selling Currie, Cullip, Harding & Knight then we'll continue to struggle, but we'll still have a fighting chance of survival.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
incidentally on finances how the hell can Leeds ask for more time to pay the Inland Revenue when they keep splashing out on players???:( [/B][/QUOTE]

Good point. Surely if Leeds can have more time we can.

I think the only way to settle this is if one of us wins the lottery, just bought my ticket.

AS A WRITTEN CONTRACT I WILL GIVE THE ALBION A BIG ENOUGH SHARE TO MAKE S DIFFERENCE IF I EVER WIN THE JACKPOT.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Robert Lester Zamora said:
But what if Cullip wants to go? Is that Dick Knights fault?

What if he wants a final crack at making the Premiership - an opportunity that he surely must have given up as a potential lost cause several years ago?

You can't stand in these players way?

If Cullip goes to Notts County or Hull or Swindon then sure - Rant and Rage - but if, like Currie, he goes to a club with realistic Premiership prospects then we should wish him well and also take pride in that in his five years with us we developed him into a player who now has the chance of making the big time.

just my humble opinion.....

That is bollox! As club Captain he has a responsibility to see things through. If he goes in the summer, after helping us to survive in this division, then good luck to him.

Knight always likes to make out that he does not want people to leave, but Coppell told us the truth about that! :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
3gulls said:
That is bollox! As club Captain he has a responsibility to see things through. If he goes in the summer, after helping us to survive in this division, then good luck to him.

Knight always likes to make out that he does not want people to leave, but Coppell told us the truth about that! :angry:

He has a responsibility to further his career, play for a bigger club, get a better wage for his last few years in football to help feed and clothe his family.....if he wants too. So if now is the time for him to move on...and help us out a little bit with the A&K then so be it, Good Luck to him and thanks for the fabulous memories.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
3gulls said:

The club would prefer him to go now so that we can get a bit of cash for him. It would probably be easier for DC to go in the summer on a free and demand a higher wage. If he wants to go, he will be doing the club a favour by going now rather than the end of the season...

larus

Bald Gull said:
The club would prefer him to go now so that we can get a bit of cash for him. It would probably be easier for DC to go in the summer on a free and demand a higher wage. If he wants to go, he will be doing the club a favour by going now rather than the end of the season...

That's a very good point m8.

Cullip may be doing his bit for the club. He's been here 5 years, had a good time here and progressed well. He may feel that if he moves now to a team with an outside chance of getting to the premiership, and gets a wdge of cash for BHA, then all round, we all win.

OK, we may go down, and I'll be pissed off, but compared to going bust, that's a small price to pay.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bald Gull said:

I don't buy that.

If he really wanted to 'do the club a favour' he could sign a new contract - for the same or perhaps even less than he's on now.

larus

Titanic said:
I don't buy that.

If he really wanted to 'do the club a favour' he could sign a new contract - for the same or perhaps even less than he's on now.

But he's only got a short time left playing professional football and needs to maximise his income. You can understand that point, can't you?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:
I don't buy that.

True, but if he is going to go it is far better he goes now and we get some money (and save his wages for the rest of the season) than he walks out for nothing in the summer. No one's irreplaceable, some of the yonger ones may come out of their shell a bit.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes - which is why it's not a 'favour' to the club to go now - it is in his own best interest. Waiting to the end of the season risks being shop-soiled after another relegation, or worse - a major injury.

In the same way, Dan Harding will take any offer of increased money - which given the rumous on here about £350 a week - will not be too difficult to find - even with performances like Millwall under his belt.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:
I don't buy that.

but the club are not doing him a favour by delaying contract talks and then (most likely) offering him peanuts to what Sheef Utd could/would give him.
Face it, if he has passed or does pass the medical he is off and good luck to him and thanks for the fabulous memories :)

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
hi.first posting here, well second but i managed to cock it up. been to sheffield site and they confirm interest in DC but also insist there are others in mind. his is only name mentioned specifically though. my gut feeling is that word may get around and other clubs may prepare to bid. would be pissed off with anything less than 300k.:drink:

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
I would be happy with Virgo and Hinshelwood in the centre of our defence. If we get a decent offer for Cullip, not a piss-take, then we should accept it. Would be sad to see him go, but I think we have very decent cover in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here