Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip to re-sign

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I for one, cant wait to hear the cries of 'Let's have a winner'. Although how a one dimensional, limited, immobile, bullying and crocked Mr C will add to Gus's Circus of Flair remains to be seen

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Never understood the stick he gets now - FFS all this bully nonsense is stupid.

The bloke was a WINNER to his very core. Fantastic centre half (at that level) and a great leader. If he gave a couple of youngsters a bit of stick, so be it. Class act on the pitch and he won stuff. Hero in my eyes and always will be.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I often wonder that when Bob Booker and Richard Reynolds meet up if they discuss Nikki keig-shevlin and what she does do for them - given that they are husband no2 and no1 respectively.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
People seem to forget what a bloody good player he was for us back in the day - sure he was a take no prisoners style player , but that's EXACTLY what we need - tippy tappy can only take us so far.

HOWEVER I will be very surprised if this turns out to be true - he's already part of Albion in the Community am I right in thinking?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
People seem to forget what a bloody good player he was for us back in the day - sure he was a take no prisoners style player , but that's EXACTLY what we need - tippy tappy can only take us so far.

Well if we can only go as far Spain and Barca i'll be happy.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well if we can only go as far Spain and Barca i'll be happy.

true , but against the standard of opponent they can get away with it

I can see an absolute BINFEST when teams play hard against us , and in this league that's what is needed - a decent mix of strength and skill , the latter we have in spades , the former still needs abit of work.

D

Deleted User X18H

Tug Wilson was at the training ground yesterday a source told me!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
What's with all the hate for Cullip? He was a great servant for the club and played a big part in one of the most successful periods in the club's history. Some people have very short memories...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Apparently it is to do with Dick Knight honouring a committment to Danny way back when he initially signed. Cullip will be signed, named as "captain" on Saturday to lead the team out at the new stadium, only to be substituted immediately after kick-off.

Nice touch, I reckon.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What's with all the hate for Cullip? He was a great servant for the club and played a big part in one of the most successful periods in the club's history. Some people have very short memories...

Exactly , I mean the amount of games he kept us in back then , and linking up well with the likes of Crosby, Morgan and Butters at the back.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

I don't hate him... I loved his all action tag as Danny Culprit to away fans... he was fantastic for us!!

But re-sign him now. Really?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just to contextualise what I wrote. What he was and how he behaved was maybe what was needed at the time. Even he will admit that he put the fear of god into other players and did have favourites and others who he picked on.

He was one dimensional at a time that we needed the one dimension he gave. I dont recall missing him too much when he headed off to Sheffield Utd.

I accept the point that we need some fighting spirit at this level and that at times we will need to be more physical. But I dont believe he is the answer - although if Gus says he's coach material then who am I to argue.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Never understood the stick he gets now - FFS all this bully nonsense is stupid.

The bloke was a WINNER to his very core. Fantastic centre half (at that level) and a great leader. If he gave a couple of youngsters a bit of stick, so be it. Class act on the pitch and he won stuff. Hero in my eyes and always will be.

Absolutely! But maybe people don't like Roy Keane and similar type of leaders because they are driven winners and stop at nothing to achieve their goal (I am not comparing them talent wise, more to do with their winning mentality...)

Anyway - off the pitch he was a really approachable nice bloke (lived a couple of doors down from my dad) - and got my shirt signed by the whole Div 2 Championship winning team...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
:ohmy:

Contextualise?

Is there such a word? Or did you just make that up?

contextualize, contextualise [kənˈtɛkstjʊəˌlaɪz]
vb
(tr) to state the social, grammatical, or other context of; put into context
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003 :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here