Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip to re-sign

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No need to re-sign Grummitt in goal, l've heard that Pom-Pom Whiteing survived the Battle of the Somme after all, and is in line to replace Caspar on Saturday.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Always a hero in my eyes was Mr Cullip, not just for the Chesterfield goal and his inspiritaional captaincy, particularly at the play off final when he completely put the shits up Bristol City in the tunnel before kick off. I met him by complete chance in the Hove Place two days after my Dad had died in August 2003. He introduced himself to me, saying he recognised me from away games ( I hadn't missed one for over two years at that stage). After a bit of Albion related chat, he asked if I was going to the game that Saturday. When I explained that I wasn't due to my Dad passing away, that his funeral was that Thursday and I was then taking his ashes back to Ireland on the day of the game, he was genuinely sympathetic. When he left the pub he asked for my Mums' address stating he'd get some flowers sent to her. Sure enough, the following afternoon a club representative turned up at my Mums house with not only a huge bouquet of blue and white flowers for Mum, but a condolences card signed by every player and the manager at the time, Steve Coppell and also a team shirt of Cullips signed by every player for me. Genuinely touched I was, and it helped me a lot at what was undoubtedly the worst time of my life. Just another example of what a unique club our beloved Albion is, I'll certainly never forget his kindness. Thanks Danny. 'Lets' have a winner'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here