Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip to re-sign

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have just deducted reputation for starting a stupid thread. Look at that title. If it said coaching role at least that makes it better.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Never understood the stick he gets now - FFS all this bully nonsense is stupid.

The bloke was a WINNER to his very core. Fantastic centre half (at that level) and a great leader. If he gave a couple of youngsters a bit of stick, so be it. Class act on the pitch and he won stuff. Hero in my eyes and always will be.

well said every team needs one Kish last year took that roll to a point maybe this season its going to be Greer he has certainly got the look

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently it is to do with Dick Knight honouring a committment to Danny way back when he initially signed. Cullip will be signed, named as "captain" on Saturday to lead the team out at the new stadium, only to be substituted immediately after kick-off.

Nice touch, I reckon.
Fishing right? If that sort of thing was ever to be done, it would need to be done in a friendly. We only have 5 subs on bench Saturday, we'd be down to 4 on the bench, of which we could use 2, in a game for 3 points. Maybe we'll do this for every home game this year, bring an ex in to lead the team out, then next year we can try and gain promotion back to the Championship.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Fishing right? If that sort of thing was ever to be done, it would need to be done in a friendly. We only have 5 subs on bench Saturday, we'd be down to 4 on the bench, of which we could use 2, in a game for 3 points. Maybe we'll do this for every home game this year, bring an ex in to lead the team out, then next year we can try and gain promotion back to the Championship.

I thought I was gullible ! :facepalm:

Apparently it is to do with Dick Knight honouring a committment to Danny way back when he initially signed. Cullip will be signed, named as "captain" on Saturday to lead the team out at the new stadium, only to be substituted immediately after kick-off.

Nice touch, I reckon.

Er...yeah, I heard that farces were popular once at the Pavilion Theatre. Trousers down, tripping over with teacups flying, doors banging then things falling off the walls and EVERYTHING. :rolleyes:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I heard that Fozzie was coming out of retirement to partner Cullip.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We only have 5 subs on bench Saturday, we'd be down to 4 on the bench, of which we could use 2, in a game for 3 points.

Which is why Gus has been so outspoken about the Football League cutting it from 7 to 5!!

We have also applied to the FL about this not counting as a substitution, as apparently there is leeway for this to be permitted if the opponents agree. While the rules about naming your team, subs etc are all hard and fast rules, there are allowances that can be made with the permission of the opposition, such as that night in South London when Digweed got injured in the warm-up, and Millwall allowed us to start the game with Chivers in goal, having hastily added Beeney to the subs, and brought him on as soon as he was ready.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I heard that Fozzie was coming out of retirement to partner Cullip.

A friend of mine saw Sir Norman Gall in JJB buying new boots

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
:bowdown:

contextualize, contextualise [kənˈtɛkstjʊəˌlaɪz]
vb
(tr) to state the social, grammatical, or other context of; put into context
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003 :thumbsup:

Then I stand corrected and bow down to your superior knowledge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not only is Cullip a proper club legend and big personality but his £400K transfer fee came in particularly useful when we didn't have a pot to piss in. He should be welcome at The Amex anytime.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I followed Cullip out from the stadium last week. No getting away from it being him going by the number plate on his car! I think he, like me, might have been there to buy a 'replica' shirt lol

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I genuinely thought this was a post bumped from several years ago........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here