Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip slaughtered by Warnock

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From the new autobiography....

In December 2004 I paid £250,000 for a defender from Brighton called Danny Cullip. I bought him because I thought he was a leader and a talker and we needed a talker. Well, he was a talker all right. It was just that he didn't really say the right things.

He talked for effect, basically. Nothing was ever his fault. It was obvious very quickly that he wasn't fitting in with the rest of the lads. It came to a head one morning when he had words with Michael Tonge at training. Tonge asked him to give him a simple ball but Danny Cullip thought he was Franz Beckenbauer. He didn't play it simple so Tonge said something to him and Cullip laced into Tongey. I knew it wasn't working. I pulled him into my office and told him I didn't want him around any more.

'You don't fit in with us Danny', I said. 'I think it would be best for all of us if we sold you on'.

Well he went ballistic then.

'You're the worst f***ing manager I've ever had', he said. 'You haven't got a f***ing clue'.

'Thanks Danny', I said. But he wasn't finished.

'You're the luckiest f***ing man I f***ing know', he said. 'You're so spawny to have a group of players like this playing for you'.

'Well I signed most of them Danny', I said.

'I don't mind going ', he said, 'because this club's only going one f***ing way with you in charge.'

'Thanks for the kind words Danny,' I said. "I'll do my best to get you away as quickly as possible".

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah nutted him, or punched him like you did Robbie Pethick.

That was REALLY big and tough of you Danny...

I would have Warnock at this club over Cullip any day of the week.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah nutted him, or punched him like you did Robbie Pethick.

That was REALLY big and tough of you Danny...

I would have Warnock at this club over Cullip any day of the week.
I wouldn't.

What other managers have had problems with Cullip? When John Gregory signed him for QPR he said that as soon as he had seen him train with them that they would stay up, because of his personality.

Warnock is the wanker, not Cullip.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone believe that Warnock actually replied in that cool laconic manner? Bit of poetic licence there and no doubt at least 50 swear words missed out and Warnock giving a very biased summary of a player he obviously couldn't handle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I LOVE DC though - Would have him back straight away - Think we should get him back!

I bet Warnock's book's pretty good - is it out now?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Does anyone believe that Warnock actually replied in that cool laconic manner? Bit of poetic licence there and no doubt at least 50 swear words missed out and Warnock giving a very biased summary of a player he obviously couldn't handle.

Is I expect the correct answer. Can anyone really see Warnock acting like that?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'd say Cullip was one of the best defenders we have had at this club for at least a decade, along with Morgan and Blackwell who were two others that were also top notch. Not just his play but the passion he installed into his game were good to watch.

A team full of Cullips commitment wouldn't be a bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here