Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cullip slaughtered by Warnock

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah nutted him, or punched him like you did Robbie Pethick.

That was REALLY big and tough of you Danny...

I would have Warnock at this club over Cullip any day of the week.

Punched Pethwick? I only saw him clip him round the ear at Swindon and then DC went and missed an absolute sitter of a header that would have won the game. I was really disappointed that someone in the team didn't then clip him round the ear. Although I suspect that Michel was the only one who ever stood up to him, as those two used to have some spectacular barnies before during and after games :lol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have mixed memories of DC.

On the plus side an inspirational player who led by example, gave 100% and responsible for personally my best moment as an Albion fan.

On the negative, I think Warnock is right in as much that I don't believe I ever saw him take the blame for an error. I think he did have a tendancy to be a bully highlighted to me when he called Will Packham a C*nt, quite aggressively, at Port Vale when he happened to knock him over whilst coming out to collect a cross. I think Charlie Oatway would probably have been the better captain as he had the same give 100% quality about him but he had a more encouraging style as opposed to the bollocking style of DC.

In ballance though I believe we were better off with him than without him.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Never liked Warnock since he did us with Notts. County in the Play-Off Final in 91

Yoda

English & European
On the negative, I think Warnock is right in as much that I don't believe I ever saw him take the blame for an error. I think he did have a tendancy to be a bully highlighted to me when he called Will Packham a C*nt, quite aggressively, at Port Vale when he happened to knock him over whilst coming out to collect a cross.QUOTE]

Or having a go at 'keepers when he'd played a short backpass that the keeper never had a chance of getting to.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I have mixed memories of DC.

On the plus side an inspirational player who led by example, gave 100% and responsible for personally my best moment as an Albion fan.

On the negative, I think Warnock is right in as much that I don't believe I ever saw him take the blame for an error. I think he did have a tendancy to be a bully highlighted to me when he called Will Packham a C*nt, quite aggressively, at Port Vale when he happened to knock him over whilst coming out to collect a cross. I think Charlie Oatway would probably have been the better captain as he had the same give 100% quality about him but he had a more encouraging style as opposed to the bollocking style of DC.

In ballance though I believe we were better off with him than without him.

Allthough to be fair we did have alot of promotion success with Cullip as our captain so maybe his way was the right way.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Danny Cullip played a pivotal role in a hugely successful period for the club. I couldn't give a monkey's if he shagged all the players wives as long as we were playing well and winning.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cullip was a leg-end - sometimes keepers or other def need a bollocking but granted he was a bit of a bully...

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I love players with character and charisma, and downright cheek. Tommy Elphick has the potential cheek to be a Cullip / Oatway in time I think as he's a right performer! Some of the battle on the pitch comes down to confidence and Whing and Forster might provide some bravado for our other less forceful players on the pitch.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Warnock is the wanker, not Cullip.
Maybe it's just a simple personality clash.

Cullip did the job for us in the lower leagues, but if the standard of his play doesn't live up the gobbiness level, then you can see why Colin Wanker shipped him out. Then again, I'd also ask why Colin decided a lippy lower league journeyman was the man to lead a Premiership promotion charge in the first place. ???

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I LOVE DC though - Would have him back straight away - Think we should get him back!

I bet Warnock's book's pretty good - is it out now?
'tis indeed mate, was tempted to buy a copy the other day actually , read it'd be a decent read.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
price Bradster?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
price Bradster?

cheapest i've seen it for has been £8.99 so far think that was Sussex Bookshop , guessing somewhere like WH Smiths will have it abit cheaper then that :)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sometimes, if you know your going to get a right rollocking if you dont make a 50/50 ball or win a header then you try harder than you would if you had someone who was going to praise you wether you make it or not!

I liked Cullip and id take him back in a shot!

And anyone who wants to rwmind themselfes about him, just think back to when we played Sheff Utd away and Cullip kicked Leon all over the park, untill he scored the winner!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Cullip was a true legend at this club...the best defender ive seen at this club since ive been watching us.....A leader on and off the pitch...the day he went was avery very sad day.....we have no leader like him at the club now and that is what we sorely miss...that extra voice in the dressing room...

Imho we should have pulled out all the stops to bring him back from forest..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still could / should try and get him back... I hope...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Still could / should try and get him back... I hope...

I agree but theres no chance because wilkins as I believe is happy with his defence,is still chasing that alusive goalie cover and midfielders.

Also gregory wouldnt let him go anyway.....No chance Im afraid...

Maybe David Lee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here