Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Forgetting the piss poor, game ruining referee, we've looked pathetic in front of goal yet again.
We boss the midfield and then there's nothing in the final third. Maupay looks dire today, trossard has been poor too. Can't see where our equaliser will come from.

Match. #believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bugger.

Need to step it up second half and put some real pressure on them. Palace will be more than happy to camp on the edge of their box and watch us pass it around.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sadly this has now settled into that football classic of a possession and passing team, up against a team leading who put huge numbers in defence and steal goals on the counter.

Not a criticism of Potter, but once we go a goal down against counter attackers, what tactics can he employ?

We rarely do clean sheets, which is a big hindrance. As much as I prefer GP to CH’a brand of football, I wish we were a nightmare to score against.

Nope, I’m going to criticise Potter. His record is becoming terrible. All this bollocks pretty football is pointless unless you can win ugly in these sorts of fixtures. We have no plan b or ability to cope with bad luck and defensive opposition. He’s completely clueless at times seemingly and unable to inspire or pick players able to do a job. How Potter is able to get off scot free again and again and again when we have a joke of a defence, joke of a midfield and joke of an attack in so many games simply astonishes me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Wasted opportunities, no cutting edge, ridiculous penalty decision, concede to first and only shot on goal and little help from the officials.

Not many boxes left to check other than a glaring miss and woodwork denial.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Did anyone hear that screeching of tyres at half time?
It came from the M25, heading north.
The motorway cameras picked up a view of the number plate: DW 09 LOL

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very poor half. Maupay taking too many touches, notably poor ones, and I barely remember Trossard having one.

Burn and March struggling.

Changes desperately needed to snatch a draw here.

I think we’ve played well but seriously lacked the cutting edge agains. If you think that was ‘very poor’ from us **** knows what you think of them!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Nope, I’m going to criticise Potter. His record is becoming terrible. All this bollocks pretty football is pointless unless you can win ugly in these sorts of fixtures. We have no plan b or ability to cope with bad luck and defensive opposition. He’s completely clueless at times seemingly and unable to inspire or pick players able to do a job. How Potter is able to get off scot free again and again and again when we have a joke of a defence, joke of a midfield and joke of an attack in so many games simply astonishes me.
You need to get off that fence and tell us how you really feel..

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No bones about it, this is a very tough game now.

They will just soak all our possession up and look for the sucker punch. Exactly what I was afraid of if we didn’t score first.

On a positive note. Despite the disgusting officiating (again), we are clearly the better team. It’s up to us to carve them open. Also on a positive note, we have a terrific bench today. Lots of options.

Looking for Connolly, Mac and Alzate to come on in the second half.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Started really well without any end result softest of softest penalties then game went flat GP I am sure will have a plan for the second half

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think we’ve played well but seriously lacked the cutting edge agains. If you think that was ‘very poor’ from us **** knows what you think of them!

I think they've been negative and very poor too. They look organised and comfortable with their team and strengths though. Like us under Hughton.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
God, I hate Alan Smith as a commentator.

I can only agree with this!! The man makes me want to strangle him everytime he opens his boring Gob!! That said I can't stand ANY pundits / co commentators!!

Oh and now that total pillock Graeme Sour-ness is spouting his dribble! not that i listen to him EVER!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What the **** is the point of VAR

To give Man Utd decisions the ref may have missed? Connolly at Amex - 50/50 pen. Check at pitch side with against the rules influence from VAR team. Compare that to today’s - not even a monitor check. It’s a shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here