Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Palace looking at a potential backline of:

Kelly, Dann, Tomkins, Riedewald (would be his first PL start since February 2018).

Should be able to get some joy against that...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Not just this season. He's been an oft disregarded stalwart and bulwark for ages now.

That is true, but he is becoming ever more effective in our offensive play under the new regime, as well as his defensive duties. He's always had that in his locker, but is was previously underutilised.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That is true, but he is becoming ever more effective in our offensive play under the new regime, as well as his defensive duties. He's always had that in his locker, but is was previously underutilised.

I agree. He's not just passing sideways any more, that's for sure!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Managed to reschedule a job interview by an hour so I can settle in to *ahem* work from home *ahem* and watch this on DAZN.

I like your attitude. I'd hire you. Good luck with the interview.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sat adjacent to him during the first half of the Arsenal game. Very friendly and gave lots of vocal support. Not sure where he went in the second half.

I’ve heard that he is a really nice guy but if you meet him in town, you literally have to dig him out of a writhing ball of Brighton’s most beautiful and eligible young ladies!

He pulled at half time?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Every time we play Palace it’s the same on here. “I’d take a draw”, “I’m worried about this one”, “Zaha could tear us apart”, "I'm going to bet on Palace"

Grow a pair NSC.

We beat them twice last year and we’re playing twice as well as we were then.

A point isn’t good enough. I’m 100% certain, that Potter isn’t considering a draw an acceptable outcome. He wants the win, I want the win. The players have to be brave, brave enough to risk defeat, brave enough to play our passes and to do what we do. They need full support and calm assurance from the terraces, no shiteing it if we go a goal down or we have to absorb some pressure.

The absolute worst thing we could do is get drawn into a harum scarum physical derby game. They’ll look to intimidate and outmuscle us, we’ve got the better footballers. Calm heads will win us this game, from the players, the manager and from the stands.

We can do this and I believe we will do this. 2 nil away win.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Every time we play Palace it’s the same on here. “I’d take a draw”, “I’m worried about this one”, “Zaha could tear us apart”, "I'm going to bet on Palace"

Grow a pair NSC.

A point isn’t good enough. I’m 100% certain, that Potter isn’t considering a draw an acceptable outcome. He wants the win, I want the win. The players have to be brave, brave enough to risk defeat, brave enough to play our passes and to do what we do. They need full support and calm assurance from the terraces, no shiteing it if we go a goal down or we have to absorb some pressure.

The absolute worst thing we could do is get drawn into a harum scarum physical derby game. They’ll look to intimidate and outmuscle us, we’ve got the better footballers. Calm heads will win us this game, from the players, the manager and from the stands.

Why anyone ever thinks or says ‘I’d take a draw’ before any match is beyond me. It just seems like such an underwhelming mindset to harbour.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Grow a pair NSC.

Until we avenge the 5 nil, Selhurst remains a place that will always haunt me. We need to beat them consistently over several seasons before I’ll regain some confidence after that fateful day. Is the supporter survivors association still meeting?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We didn't play five at the back against Liverpool or Arsenal away so why play five against Palace. Wallace's strength is defence and playing on the break.

Just concerned that Montoya gets frustrated at times and I can see him picking up a couple of yellows against Tumble. I like him better as a wingback and think we might need extra defensive cover for him. It Might help with us missing a natural CDM like Stephens too. In Potter I trust though.

Wallace-482x298.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why anyone ever thinks or says ‘I’d take a draw’ before any match is beyond me. It just seems like such an underwhelming mindset to harbour.

Chrissy used to hint that, he’d say stuff like we’re going there to get “some sort of result”, not going there to win.

I agree with you. There’s no such thing as a good draw. Not under 3 points for a win.

And on a psychological level, having players and fans coming into a game thinking a draw is an OK result means that even that outcome is less likely.

The most over performing teams have a winning mentality. They are prepared to gamble a defeat to improve their chances of winning. The way we threw players forward at 2-2 to win the game against Everton to me sums up our season and that the positive language from the manager is being backed up by positive deeds by the players.

It means having balls in tight games. In practice it means keeping to your playing style under pressure, not winding down the clock, brave substitutions when the games are opening up.

As long as this way of playing doesn’t mean you lose more than twice as often from drawing positions as you win, it will get you up the league.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Grow a pair NSC.

Very much this like Potter be bold it’s Palace not Barcelona we have as much chance to win this as they do

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't worry about Wilf , Potter will have some mental team selection to nullify his potential, probably The Greyhound, a quick pep talk of "see that bloke with the it's not my fault look on his face, well that's your Hare for this evening, go fetch.

Please no.

Have you forgotten his performance against them in the 3-2 loss at Selhurst? Possibly the worst defensive display from an Albion player in the last 10 years or so.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Until we avenge the 5 nil, Selhurst remains a place that will always haunt me. We need to beat them consistently over several seasons before I’ll regain some confidence after that fateful day. Is the supporter survivors association still meeting?

Aren’t they haunted, by Lopez, Andone, Knockeart?

We’ve avenged it mate. We won’t get a 5-0. There’s not too many away grounds where we’ve won by that much. We were terrible then. We’re not now.

Believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here