Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I met him at the AMEX last season - queuing up at half time in ESL (I think...) and realised he was in the next queue, so said hello and had a brief chat.

I’ve heard that he is a really nice guy but if you meet him in town, you literally have to dig him out of a writhing ball of Brighton’s most beautiful and eligible young ladies!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Worried about our right-back, whichever one plays there, facing Mr Tumble. Maybe 5 at the back is the way to go. Still think we'll take this though, 1-2.

We didn't play five at the back against Liverpool or Arsenal away so why play five against Palace. Wallace's strength is defence and playing on the break.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fair few saying that Cahill is out on palace forum!!!

Their whole back 4 is out .....

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson, speaking ahead of his 100th game in charge of the club: "We've performed to the level we can be expected to perform to and sometimes a little bit higher.

"I'm very happy to be celebrating 100 games with the club - that is a good record these days, but I hope to go beyond 100 games too."

Is Roy expecting the sack after tonight's game?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Go large on Albion losing. If we do, that’s Xmas covered. If we don’t then it’s the most wonderful time, of the yeeeeeaaar!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Fair few saying that Cahill is out on palace forum!!!

Their whole back 4 is out .....

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Just about to post the same, excellent news, Cahill out confirmed in Hodgson’s programme notes apparently. Offsets the loss of Stephens.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Clocking off work in 40 minutes then off to the Ship to get shit-faced. Dave has kindly put a very nice bottle of vintage Stowells white wine behind the bar to crack open if we win.

:clap:

****ING come on boys!!

:O

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Go large on Albion losing. If we do, that’s Xmas covered. If we don’t then it’s the most wonderful time, of the yeeeeeaaar!

I was looking at safety bets this morning, just in case we do lose. Was thinking Palace win both score at 9/2 (as I think we'll defo score). If we win/draw, I'm happy. If we lose, BUGGER, but I'd have some money.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Me too, Stephens is integral to how we play this season, was MOM against Wolves for me. It's not the game to be going with an enforced reshuffle in midfield, but needs must. Still hoping for a win of course but would happily settle for a draw.

Not just this season. He's been an oft disregarded stalwart and bulwark for ages now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
People talk about last season not being a good one for them, but they did manage to play at the Spurs stadium before we did after we beat Millwall to go to some semi-final somewhere, so they'll always have that.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Not just this season. He's been an oft disregarded stalwart and bulwark for ages now.

Completely agree. Always wants the ball, always ready to take responsibility, always ready to get stuck in. Probably selfish to wish he had a decent shot on him too and I guess if he did, we wouldn't have seen him in a Brighton shirt for as long as we have. He'll be a big miss for us tonight.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don't worry about Wilf , Potter will have some mental team selection to nullify his potential, probably The Greyhound, a quick pep talk of "see that bloke with the it's not my fault look on his face, well that's your Hare for this evening, go fetch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here