Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace v Portsmouth

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

May 2, 2010
People seem to have forgotten that Palace are also big and shameless financial cheats.

Hopefully they both go down for at least some measure of the justice that NO authority seems willing or able to apply.

what a 10 point penalty,selling a great manager,losing the spine of the team, and scraping a brilliant last day of the season survival isn't enough of a punishment? the very club we beat on that fantastic day have even bigger debts. Getting back to the game and a great result just at the right time, no one said it would be easy this season but looks like GB is getting things right.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
,losing the spine of the team

You rather miss the point there, as your club quite evidently could not AFFORD the team it DID have prior to administration, therefore I would argue you had no right to those players in the first place. You deserved to be near the relegation zone because you only rose above it prior to that by virtue of having certain players effectively under false pretences.

The team you have now is, presumably, a slightly better reflection on your ability to pay the going rate in wages, and is thus a more accurate pointer to your true status.

May 2, 2010
You rather miss the point there, as your club quite evidently could not AFFORD the team it DID have prior to administration, therefore I would argue you had no right to those players in the first place. You deserved to be near the relegation zone because you only rose above it prior to that by virtue of having certain players effectively under false pretences.

The team you have now is, presumably, a slightly better reflection on your ability to pay the going rate in wages, and is thus a more accurate pointer to your true status.

well Moses and Watson were products of our excellent academy so cost nothing,Fonte cost peanuts and a good find he was to,Ertl was a free, and Derry and Hill cost minimal amounts, the highest fee was for Carle and he was purchased with some of the cash form Watson,so one could hardly accuse us of Chelsea/Pompey types of spending Sully Muntari was on £80k/week FFS, our highest earners were Warnock and Speroni! Someone will probably roll out the old chestnut about "clubs that can service their debts so it's ok" sometimes these clubs are even worse!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
well Moses and Watson were products of our excellent academy so cost nothing,Fonte cost peanuts and a good find he was to,Ertl was a free, and Derry and Hill cost minimal amounts, the highest fee was for Carle and he was purchased with some of the cash form Watson,so one could hardly accuse us of Chelsea/Pompey types of spending Sully Muntari was on £80k/week FFS, our highest earners were Warnock and Speroni!

No, clearly no Pompey, far from it. They DISGUST me. But once those guys became good players, their market value goes up and if you can't pay them the going rate, that's your bad luck isn't it?

Small clubs :p have always had to sell their better players to big clubs, it's a fact of life:smokin:

May 2, 2010
No, clearly no Pompey, far from it. They DISGUST me. But once those guys became good players, their market value goes up and if you can't pay them the going rate, that's your bad luck isn't it?

Small clubs :p have always had to sell their better players to big clubs, it's a fact of life:smokin:

and thats exactly what we've always done examples range from the nucleus of the 1990 FA Cup side to AJ and Clinton Morrison to the hero's from last season,glad we agree on that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
and thats exactly what we've always done examples range from the nucleus of the 1990 FA Cup side to AJ and Clinton Morrison to the hero's from last season,glad we agree on that.

You're still not quite getting it, you had a team you clearly could not afford hence your money problems. However had you had settle for the players you could afford you would be where you ended up.

May 2, 2010
You're still not quite getting it, you had a team you clearly could not afford hence your money problems. However had you had settle for the players you could afford you would be where you ended up.

as do 99.9% of the 92 clubs that make the Football League, Chelsea have a wage bill of over £200 million/year report losses of over £70million/year, from a club until RA came along had only won the league once,are a club with a fan base less then clubs like Leeds/Villa/Everton/Liverpool/Newcastle/Sunderland, yet you lot keep banging on that"they have debts that are serviceable so it's ok" no it's not ruddy ok it's even worse, if RA and calls in his investment you will see a free fall that will make Leeds look like a fairy story, CPFC dont demand European domination we have a rickety old leaking stadium in one of the poorest boroughs in London, a few brief flirtations with the PL and the bulk of our football played in the 2nd tier of British football is usually suffice for older fans like us and thats the way we like it,a Russian crook with a club with some of the biggest wankers in world football? they are welcome to it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
as do 99.9% of the 92 clubs that make the Football League, Chelsea have a wage bill of over £200 million/year report losses of over £70million/year, from a club until RA came along had only won the league once,are a club with a fan base less then clubs like Leeds/Villa/Everton/Liverpool/Newcastle/Sunderland, yet you lot keep banging on that"they have debts that are serviceable so it's ok" no it's not ruddy ok it's even worse, if RA and calls in his investment you will see a free fall that will make Leeds look like a fairy story, CPFC dont demand European domination we have a rickety old leaking stadium in one of the poorest boroughs in London, a few brief flirtations with the PL and the bulk of our football played in the 2nd tier of British football is usually suffice for older fans like us and thats the way we like it,a Russian crook with a club with some of the biggest wankers in world football? they are welcome to it.

Really ? Well as one team that has never been in administration however we did it (and like the vast majority of other league clubs) we have managed. The point is you went into administration twice and the reason is that you were paying for a team to maintain you in a position you could not afford. If other teams have rich benefactors who keep them solvent that's okay, that's their business but as we keep trying to get through to you you were in a false position because had you had the team you could actually afford like most clubs. It's unlikely you'd have been in the Premiership and for that matter the Championship if you'd have had to stay within the budget you could afford which obviously you didn't.

Get it ?

May 2, 2010
Really ? Well as one team that has never been in administration however we did it (and like the vast majority of other league clubs) we have managed. The point is you went into administration twice and the reason is that you were paying for a team to maintain you in a position you could not afford. If other teams have rich benefactors who keep them solvent that's okay, that's their business but as we keep trying to get through to you you were in a false position because had you had the team you could actually afford like most clubs. It's unlikely you'd have been in the Premiership and for that matter the Championship if you'd have had to stay within the budget you could afford which obviously you didn't.

Get it ?

I'm not talking about teams going into administration silly sausage I'm talking about clubs who live beyond their means financially which must be an enormous amount, our debt was around the £30mill mark, chicken feed compared to what Chelsea hemorrhage in cash each year. Rich benefactors are not ok and it is other peoples business as it creates a completely unfair playing field, the scum at Chelsea have already been guilty numerous times of illegal tapping up of players far worse then any other club in the UK and what do they get? a poxy fine to a club owned by one of the worlds richest men, that's why Platini has been pressurizing Uefa to implement a guide that would only let clubs spend a proportion of their turnover, in a way thats why I admire Arsene Wenger who with Arsenal run a club on an excellent business model, I'm sure Wenger would love to go out and buy a few players costing £50 mill each and pay them £200 grand/week but he cant yet wheels and deals in the French league bringing through wonderful players playing great football and gives a more level playing field for other clubs those wankers in the PL talk about how much money your billionaire owner has, dreadful state of affairs.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not talking about teams going into administration silly sausage I'm talking about clubs who live beyond their means financially which must be an enormous amount, our debt were around the £30mill mark, chicken feed compared to what Chelsea hemorrhage in cash each year.

FFS, they pay their bills unlike some, how they do it is not the point, they pay what they owe which you haven't. I wish we had Chelsea's spending power and very few fans of any club would be unhappy is to the source of their wealth as long as it brought them success.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well personally I think Jookbeard Eagle has a point, especially as his own club WAS punished for going into administration.

What will happen to those turds at Chelsea when RA finally loses interest in his wanky, plastic club?

May 2, 2010
FFS, they pay their bills unlike some, how they do it is not the point, they pay what they owe which you haven't. I wish we had Chelsea's spending power and very few fans of any club would be unhappy is to the source of their wealth as long as it brought them success.

not if it's done illegally, what would you have thought about Chelsea illegally tapping up some of our and your players? they should have been kicked out of the CL and PL to set an example, people probably said that when Leeds were playing in the CL semi finals, it's wrong and killing the game.TBH we had this debate if some Billionaire Russian came to SP and threw a ton of cash in the only way they know and many said they would walk away.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
not if it's done illegally, what would you have thought about Chelsea illegally tapping up some of our and your players? they should have been kicked out of the CL and PL to set an example, people probably said that when Leeds were playing in the CL semi finals, it's wrong and killing the game.TBH we had this debate if some Billionaire Russian came to SP and threw a ton of cash in the only way they know and many said they would walk away.

While the tapping up thing is obviously wrong, I'm not sure what it has to do with this debate? Not really to do with whether thay are a financially viable business is it?

And, to be honest, if a billionaire took over Palace I can't see too many of you lot complaining about it, and you certainly wouldn't 'walk away'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here