Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher has said the whole dressing room was gutted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm struggling to find anything at all to have a dig at this lad, he looks to be a excellent player skillful and gives it 100%, the last player I saw chase a ball around the park like that was CMS so if you have him in your team you know you've got a good run-around guy, bollox that looks like a bit of a dig, oh well, lovely boy hope he ends up at a decent club.

Decent player, but a horrible snide shit. Capable of really nasty 'accidental' challenges, but cries like a tart when he's as much as looked at funny. And big on the cynical stuff - multiple fouls to break up play, kicking the ball away, delaying free kicks, etc.

He should really be playing for Eddie Howe somewhere, with the rest of his band of snide, cynical shitbags.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Disagree with the penalty calls.

If you kick someones leg in the penalty area like Trossard did, the ref is going to give a penalty. Its a 100% penalty. If you trip over yourself like Welbeck did, the ref is usually not going to give a penalty.

Think you need a better TV, it is as clear as day from the replay, which VAR ignored, that Welbecks leg was trip to make him clip his other leg.

If Welbeck was Zaha it would have been a pen and possibly a red card as there was no attempt to play the ball

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Decent player, but a horrible snide shit. Capable of really nasty 'accidental' challenges, but cries like a tart when he's as much as looked at funny. And big on the cynical stuff - multiple fouls to break up play, kicking the ball away, delaying free kicks, etc.

He should really be playing for Eddie Howe somewhere, with the rest of his band of snide, cynical shitbags.
A good team player then.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm still absolutely mystified by the assertion I keep reading that they played so well?!

Possession: Palace - 47%; Brighton - 53%;
Shots: Palace - 8; Brighton - 8;
On target shots: Palace - 3; Brighton - 4.

It was a poor game but also quite an even game that could have gone either way so to me a draw was actually a fair result. Yes they were the better side in the first half but we were stronger in the second and over the course of the game it was fairly equal. I think Potter also gave quite a fair assessment at the end that was similar to my opinion.

To compare it to the two games last season where we absolutely, totally dominated them but couldn't finish and then they totally mugged 4 points off us is laughable.

Yeh, but it makes them happy. It keeps them in denial, meaning that they are setting themselves up for further disappointment like that they experienced the other night. Which makes me happy.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Why don't you get down from that high fence and tell us what you really think....
:lolol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I was not celebrating a draw with them, I was celebrating because they didn’t beat us after leading until the 95th minute.

Had we scored in the 58th minute for example, it wouldn’t have been half as good.

Had we scored in the first minute instead of the last, and Palace scored when they did, even though the result would be exactly the same we would be where Palace fans were.
Thats what makes football so good, its (despite what the TV companies and various websites would have us believe) not about the stats, or sometimes even the results-its all about the fans and how we react.

Without the fans in attendance that match would quickly be forgotten by everyone, as it it is for us its an instant classic, "why'd he let it bounce" joins" FFS Murray" as an iconic phrase for the ages and for us a moment of joy and for them a moment of utter devastation that will be with us all for a very long time

The polar swapping of emotions between two sets of fans at Selhurst, and in Living rooms across susses and wider, was one of the most abrupt and profound I think many will ever witness

#footballisnothingwithoutfans

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I hope it HAUNTS them for the rest of the season.

I hope it PRAYS on their minds as future games tick towards the final whistle.

I hope that every time the 4th official holds up the board and the stadium announcer starts to say, "The referee has indicated that there will be a minimum of...." there is an unspoken but collective nagging dread in the minds of every one of their players and feral fans that spreads through them like a contagion and whispers "....Not again. It couldn't possibly happen again.....Could it...?"

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hugely enjoyable ending obviously, but I can't help thinking we owe them about 10 of these f**kers. Think about it: the 5 penalty game, the 5-0, the last minute winner at Withdean, the play-off win, last season with the last minute winner at the Amex and the fact we played them off the park twice for one sodding point and so on. Our head to head record is almost exactly even, but frankly they've won too many of the ones that matter.

They are a spawny jammy bunch of c**ts with comically shit, spotty support and a crap tin pot ground because they spend all their money on mercenaries. Even when they should go down, they still don't - they've done that twice in the Championship this millennium.

At some point, I'd like us to really absolutely SHIT on them - literally win 8-0 and watch them go down by one goal on goal difference. At least this crop of players look like they'd really want to deliver that too.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hugely enjoyable ending obviously, but I can't help thinking we owe them about 10 of these f**kers. Think about it: the 5 penalty game, the 5-0, the last minute winner at Withdean, the play-off win, last season with the last minute winner at the Amex and the fact we played them off the park twice for one sodding point and so on. Our head to head record is almost exactly even, but frankly they've won too many of the ones that matter.

They are a spawny jammy bunch of c**ts with comically shit, spotty support and a crap tin pot ground because they spend all their money on mercenaries. Even when they should go down, they still don't - they've done that twice in the Championship this millennium.

At some point, I'd like us to really absolutely SHIT on them - literally win 8-0 and watch them go down by one goal on goal difference. At least this crop of players look like they'd really want to deliver that too.

We do owe them 10. At least 10.

But revenge is a dish best served cold.

To be trouncing them on a regular basis we need to build the club from the youth up. This is what we're doing, but it will take time. For now we're at an even enough place. We'll finish above them I think, but not by much. The domination you speak about will come, but we must wait.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do owe them 10. At least 10.

But revenge is a dish best served cold.

To be trouncing them on a regular basis we need to build the club from the youth up. This is what we're doing, but it will take time. For now we're at an even enough place. We'll finish above them I think, but not by much. The domination you speak about will come, but we must wait.

That could have been posted 10 years ago! It’s the hope that kills you

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Much truth in this. They have definitely had the better of the head-to-head matches in recent times. We've had our moments - and Maupay in the 95th is definitely to be added - but they've had some much bigger ones.

But us older fans can also remember when, in the heyday of the rivalry, the boot was very much on the other foot in terms of ascendancy head-to-head...

After reaching the top flight last time round the next 10 times we played them had the following results for Brighton:

P10 W8 D2 L0 F22 A6 ... including 5 wins in a row, twice doing the double. Now that is a proper set of results.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Since reaching the Premier League we've also played them 10 times...

P10 W3 D4 L3 F13 A12

So, as Simster said, those results are very even. The only problem has been Palace getting incredibly lucky results when we've completely battered them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Since reaching the Premier League we've played them 10 times...

P10 W3 D4 L3 F13 A12

So those results are very even. The only problem has been Palace getting incredibly lucky results when we've completely battered them.

That's including the cup game is it?

A home game to come gives us a chance to improve that record

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
EXCELLENT NEWS , NEXT..!! **** em , i can still see Benteke scoring his only goal of the season at the far post , this shit hurts , get over it......!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Mark Langdon said:-

'the bulk of Brighton's xG anomaly comes from them playing palace, last season, where they somehow managed to only score 1 point while simultaneously playing palace off the pitch'.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Benteke goal at the Amex was the classic sucker punch and a well-taken finish. As much as it hurts, you sometimes have to take those on the chin.

Maupay's goal however, was a completely avoidable car-crash for Palace, entirely of their own making.

1. Keeper feigns injury in the 94th minute and wins a free-kick in lieu of a throw-in to them. Bet he was pleased with himself.
2. All the keeper has to do is put his laces through it and the ref will blow for time.
3. Keepers duffs his free-kick straight to Veltman, who is completely unchallenged by a watching Zaha.
4. Already at this point some Palace fans sense a whiff of danger as Veltman plays the ball forward.
5. The Palace defence have switched off, are caught square and the keeper is stranded and back-peddling furiously.

The fact Palace gifted us this goal and were the architects of their own 90+5 downfall makes it so, so much sweeter.

Other than Ben White inexplicably keeping the ball in play at our cost and Burn switching off….

Agree with all of your points, but their goal last season was as poor for me defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hold up. Isn't the following more likely? Was he misquoted?

"Crystal Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher has said the whole dressing room should be gutted"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do they mention the fact that if they were so good and we were so shit they should have been another couple of goals ahead.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Indeed, and perhaps the Palarse players should be looking towards their team mate Jordan Ayew, for the reason that they weren't.

If he has put away that gilt edged chance in the second half, then Palace would almost certainly have been home and hosed, making Maupay's last gasp heroics meaningless.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Other than Ben White inexplicably keeping the ball in play at our cost and Burn switching off….

Agree with all of your points, but their goal last season was as poor for me defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep defensively we were all at sea when it came to Benteke's late late winner.

Another difference is that we did largely outplay Palace in that game and DID deserve the victory. At Smellhurst on Monday night, although Palace possibly just edged the game, it wasn't nearly so clear cut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here