Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They'll stay up,Pullis has a good record plus their starting to play some decent football.3 points is 3 points and it doesn't matter how you get them.

We were woeful 2nd half but still didn't let Hull have much of a sniff which is great, 7 clean sheets since Pulis has taken over too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So much crap in the prem I think scum will stay up .

Never write them off as a Bha fan as they have history of coming out on top .

This thread ridiculous

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
February = Arsenal, Everton & Man Utd . . . . Back to the bottom where you belong by March :laugh:

I said when Pulis joined Palace that he would keep them up and the uninitiated on here shot me down in flames. They allow their blind and bigoted hatred of Palace to get in the way of football knowledge and common sense. The man is a consummate survivor. He gets a spirit going immediately, that gathers momentum. He knows that by keeping a game tight, you can always nick one at the other end. They are winning games 1-0 and keeping clean sheets. A good sign. It doesn't matter who they are playing in March, they will have a cushion by then and will stay up comfortably.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have to say the cheats stole the loot, made it to Brazil and it looks like the extradition request has failed. They might keep the loot for one more year but they are blowing it fast.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I live safe in the knowledge that we have less chance of being relegated than you have of being promoted
I don't think you understand how odds work. Either that, or you don't understand how English works. There's a much higher chance of you getting relegated, than there is of us getting promoted.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cringeworthy all those that posted time and time again that CPFC woult get the lowest ever points total ever in the Premiership. They are now 1 point off 10th. Why do people do it ? Just concentrate on BHAFC and ignore CPFC as at the moment they have the bragging rights.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cringeworthy all those that posted time and time again that CPFC would get the lowest ever points total ever in the Premiership. They are now 1 point off 10th. Why do people do it ?

Because that's how football works. Palace aren't doing well BECAUSE Albion fans took the piss a bit. They're doing (relatively) well because they were lucky that Holloway all but imploded and, after the funniest managerial appointment process ever, they finally relented and brought in the perfect man for the task they were facing.

You can't have anything other than respect for the way Pulis operates and how he has pulled the shower-of-shite assembled by Holloway together. They are solid, effective, difficult to break down and they'll nick a goal that will often be the winner.

They're still third favourites to go down. Please be right bookmakers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Because that's how football works. Palace aren't doing well BECAUSE Albion fans took the piss a bit. They're doing (relatively) well because they were lucky that Holloway all but imploded and, after the funniest managerial appointment process ever, they finally relented and brought in the perfect man for the task they were facing.

You can't have anything other than respect for the way Pulis operates and how he has pulled the shower-of-shite assembled by Holloway together. They are solid, effective, difficult to break down and they'll nick a goal that will often be the winner.

They're still third favourites to go down. Please be right bookmakers.

Yes but people were stating with fact they would get the worse ever points total so the laugh is very much on us, or some of us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It may all look rosy in Jester Garden City, but a look at the fixture list can only bring them gloom.

Most matches at Selhurst are now against the top teams.

Away matches at all their relegation rivals - matches that their opponents will target as 'must win' to have any chance of staying up.

Let's not be too quick to predict a survival season for Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see the thread title changed, hopefully only for a short time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes but people were stating with fact they would get the worse ever points total so the laugh is very much on us, or some of us.

It makes no difference to me what any one or, even, several Albion fans say about anything. Nothing anyone else says necessarily reflects what I think.

The only points total that matters is the one at the end of a season, and what matters is whether you have enough to achieve your aim for the season. For Palace that is to remain in the Premier League, for us it is to achieve a play-off spot. The season doesn't end in January so although I'll readily acknowledge Palace are doing well currently, I'll also retain a watching brief. There's still a long way to go for them and for us.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said when Pulis joined Palace that he would keep them up and the uninitiated on here shot me down in flames. They allow their blind and bigoted hatred of Palace to get in the way of football knowledge and common sense. The man is a consummate survivor. He gets a spirit going immediately, that gathers momentum. He knows that by keeping a game tight, you can always nick one at the other end. They are winning games 1-0 and keeping clean sheets. A good sign. It doesn't matter who they are playing in March, they will have a cushion by then and will stay up comfortably.

That. I said the same. Pulis WILL keep them up. Annoyingly.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You should see some of your :wanker:'s we get on our board:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236404&page=198

I have just looked at the link you left an there was one Brighton fan posting on that page and 14 Palace fans, so I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

The thread called Brighton LOL was an unbelievable 200 pages long started by a Palace fan and the pages I read were trying to take the piss out of a club who they must consider a real rival. I then see another thread called Insights From Brighton Fans again started by a Palace fan with 190 pages of pure drivel.

The one thing I gained from that link, was that the majority of your fans who post on that board are obsessed with Brighton & Hove Albion. Perhaps you would like to explain why that is?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We were woeful 2nd half but still didn't let Hull have much of a sniff which is great, 7 clean sheets since Pulis has taken over too.

You have to be joking, the possession for the game was 38%Palace and 62% Hull and the Palace 38% was mainly spent hoofing. Hull were denied am obvious penalty which could have changed the course of the game.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
As much as i hate CPFC have to admire how Pullis seems to have them organised and solid. They are not safe by any stretch if the imagination but he is doing a good job. If only worzel did not have a breakdown.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I met Steve Parrish last night. He was wearing an extremely shiny suit and was grumbling about the difficulties of the transfer market in Jan. Nice bloke actually.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It makes no difference to me what any one or, even, several Albion fans say about anything. Nothing anyone else says necessarily reflects what I think.
You're such a cock.

You know I'm kidding right : )

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Glad they won last night, come 15/16 Feb, we want Hull very much feeling the pressure of Premier League survival. They play Spurs at home next, Sunderland away then Saints at home. They might very well be dragged down right into the mire in the next few weeks and Steve Bruce will be thinking about who he can rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here