Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Might be time to change the thread title again

Don't you dare , it's fine as it is . We have got a decent chance now we just need to back the manager with some quality signings . I'm not getting carried away but my double bet with footsoldier is looking promising ATM .

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
You have to be joking, the possession for the game was 38%Palace and 62% Hull and the Palace 38% was mainly spent hoofing. Hull were denied am obvious penalty which could have changed the course of the game.

Possession stats don't really mean much sometimes...the way we shape up, our tactic is to let the opposition have the ball, and hit them on the break. Hull had 62% of the ball, but most of the time it was pretty passing that wasn't going anywhere. We had equal attempts on goal (13) and that's a far more important statistic. I agree though, I thought we got lucky on two penalty shouts for Hull. But then, we've had some terrible luck and decisions in other games.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Possession stats don't really mean much sometimes...the way we shape up, our tactic is to let the opposition have the ball, and hit them on the break. Hull had 62% of the ball, but most of the time it was pretty passing that wasn't going anywhere. We had equal attempts on goal (13) and that's a far more important statistic. I agree though, I thought we got lucky on two penalty shouts for Hull. But then, we've had some terrible luck and decisions in other games.

Let the opposition have the ball - master stroke that :)

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013

Neither were pens.
Long threw himself across him to get contact and try and fool the ref - very good decision by the referee on both calls.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pulis has done an amazing job there.

He was the one available manager I didn't want them to bring in as you just knew he'd get them results.

How annoying.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Let the opposition have the ball - master stroke that :)

Well this philosophy has yielded 5 wins under Pulis. We don't have the quality to play openly against Prem sides, we did that under Holloway and got beat every week. We don't have the players to play a neat passing, possession game either or press the opposition high up the pitch...so in the context of Palace this season, yes it is a master stroke. And to add to my point, we are letting teams have the ball in the their own half and on the half way line...teams don't often score from there.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pulis has done an amazing job there.

He was the one available manager I didn't want them to bring in as you just knew he'd get them results.

How annoying.

Echo this , he doesn't get teams playing particularly attractive football but he keeps teams up sadly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
9 tough games to come in Feb and March , the best outcome seems to be 3 draws and 6 losses.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
9 tough games to come in Feb and March , the best outcome seems to be 3 draws and 6 losses.

Utter drivel, and you know it. West Brom at home is a game we'll target 3 points in, we also play Sunderland and Swansea away where we are capable of getting a result. We won't be getting many wins but 2/3 is definitely not out of the question.

To survive we probably need 4 wins from our remaining games which is completely possible considering we play West Ham, Villa, Cardiff, Sunderland, West Brom, Southampton and Swansea.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That being the case, either Cardiff, West Ham or Sunderland will need to pick up 8 pts from their next 9, and I can't see that happening looking at their fixtures. I also think Palace will fancy themselves at home to West Brom.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Utter drivel, and you know it. West Brom at home is a game we'll target 3 points in, we also play Sunderland and Swansea away where we are capable of getting a result. We won't be getting many wins but 2/3 is definitely not out of the question.

To survive we probably need 4 wins from our remaining games which is completely possible considering we play West Ham, Villa, Cardiff, Sunderland, West Brom, Southampton and Swansea.
Those are the 3 games where I think you will get a draw , West Brom will settle for a point and the games at Sunderland and Swansea wont be as easy as you think. IMO the only winnable games Palace have got left are West Ham and Fulham.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Those are the 3 games where I think you will get a draw , West Brom will settle for a point and the games at Sunderland and Swansea wont be as easy as you think. IMO the only winnable games Palace have got left are West Ham and Fulham.

Taking the rivalry glasses off a second, but on current form I would say they'll fancy getting points from at least West Brom H, Swansea A, Southampton H, Sunderland A, Cardiff A, Villa H, West Ham A, Fulham A. I wouldn't be surprised if 32 pts keeps someone up this season. The top 9 teams are all playing well this season which is why everyone from 10th downward are in a relegation battle.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

So Aston Villa at home isn't a target for 3 points, despite already beating them at Villa Park? Unfortunately you're completely blinded by the rivalry and you're desperately trying to justify your belief that there's no way Palace can stay up. There are half a dozen games left that we could realistically win, and winning only half of them will probably keep us up.

Either way, most of the muppets on here thought we'd be getting the lowest points total in Premier League history :whistle: :clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 from Palace, Norwich, Cardiff,West Ham, and Fulham to go down.

Key matches will be

Cardiff v Palace
West Ham v Palace
Fulham v Palace

also

Sunderland v Palace

All the above teams will view these matches as MUST WIN.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So Aston Villa at home isn't a target for 3 points, despite already beating them at Villa Park? Unfortunately you're completely blinded by the rivalry and you're desperately trying to justify your belief that there's no way Palace can stay up. There are half a dozen games left that we could realistically win, and winning only half of them will probably keep us up.

Either way, most of the muppets on here thought we'd be getting the lowest points total in Premier League history :whistle: :clap:

Pulis has given you a chance of staying up but you have to remember although he was the preferred candidate and initially turned the job down he is only there for the mega bonus to keep you up , if you get a series of bad results he'll walk away.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Pulis has given you a chance of staying up but you have to remember although he was the preferred candidate and initially turned the job down he is only there for the mega bonus to keep you up , if you get a series of bad results he'll walk away.

1. He didn't initially turn the job down.
2. We don't care.

Christ you're desperate.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Certainly taking advantage of other teams misfortunes - fair play to Palace.

Still think their luck will run out - but they wont finish bottom and it will probably come down to the last day......Fulham vs Palace on the last day could be a MASSIVE game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here