Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crysencio Summerville

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Although Kudus would have been an amazing signing, in fairness to Dwayne, we wouldn't have got him without a release clause it seems. A release clause that several clubs are looking to exploit after just one good season. Do we really want to sign a player that didn't want to be here in the first place?
Why would you want to be fair to someone who has admitted to being contrary for the sake of a reaction?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Do we really need this guy? I'm not saying he would be a bad addition, but I just think if we were going to spend around £30m, surely it would be better spent on a central midfielder or right back? Wing options are something we have a fair bit of.

If he could be brought in for half that then fine, but £30m on an area I'm not sure needs strengthening seems unnecessary to me. Prefer to see the larger sums focused on the two key areas for me - central midfield, and right back.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do we really need this guy? I'm not saying he would be a bad addition, but I just think if we were going to spend around £30m, surely it would be better spent on a central midfielder or right back? Wing options are something we have a fair bit of.

If he could be brought in for half that then fine, but £30m on an area I'm not sure needs strengthening seems unnecessary to me. Prefer to see the larger sums focused on the two key areas for me - central midfield, and right back.
Maybe someone is leaving 😕

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

We may well be looking at those areas as well, but as is always the case we cannot control the order of transfers nor the order in which rumours surface.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Although Kudus would have been an amazing signing, in fairness to Dwayne, we wouldn't have got him without a release clause it seems. A release clause that several clubs are looking to exploit after just one good season. Do we really want to sign a player that didn't want to be here in the first place?
Loads of rumours that Kudus wants out of West Ham ASAP.

It would have been the same here this summer but still worth having him as in retrospect, we’d have had a much better shot at Europe.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

It would have been the same here this summer but still worth having him as in retrospect, we’d have had a much better shot at Europe.
He’ll be looking for Champions League football, plus more money and a contract on his terms.
TB clearly drew a line in the sand when trying to sign him last summer.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

March, Mitoma, Adingra and Summerville looks like a good set of wingers to me. Four strong options and then several other players able to fill the winger roles if needed. And then when Mitoma moves next summer, Summerville is the next main man with Osman (who I think will be loaned out next season) as his backup.

CM and RB surely coming in as well. Fair bit of money will be spent this summer.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
March, Mitoma, Adingra and Summerville looks like a good set of wingers to me. Four strong options and then several other players able to fill the winger roles if needed. And then when Mitoma moves next summer, Summerville is the next main man with Osman (who I think will be loaned out next season) as his backup.

CM and RB surely coming in as well. Fair bit of money will be spent this summer.
I'm keeping everything crossed that Solly March can return to his previous form, but not expecting it.
Because of that unknown I think Osman will stay. I also think Barco will be used more attacking than defending.
I'm trusting the algorithms on Summerville, plus the fact that he was the Championship player of the season clearly shows he's thought of highly by his peers.
I agree with CM and RB coming in.
I also think a ball playing central defender will be signed. Dunk, JPvH and Webster is not enough depth if Hűrzeler mainly plays out from the back. I think Igor's touch is too heavy for that role.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm keeping everything crossed that Solly March can return to his previous form, but not expecting it.
Because of that unknown I think Osman will stay. I also think Barco will be used more attacking than defending.
I'm trusting the algorithms on Summerville, plus the fact that he was the Championship player of the season clearly shows he's thought of highly by his peers.
I agree with CM and RB coming in.
I also think a ball playing central defender will be signed. Dunk, JPvH and Webster is not enough depth if Hűrzeler mainly plays out from the back. I think Igor's touch is too heavy for that role.

I wonder whether we'll see Baleba play in the 'third' CB role that FH seems to favour. He certainly converted a couple of CDMs at St Pauli to play that role, but whether that was through necessity (i.e. no money to buy others players) or not, I don't know.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Can’t say too much, but I know someone who works for West Ham who thinks Kudus is a f*cking bellend. He’d have been a better year long option than Fati but I can’t say I’m gutted we missed out on him either.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Knockaert was probably better than him in that division…..

Can Summerville step up?

Summerville has more goals and more assists in less minutes. Although AK did it in a stronger division overall. Wouldn’t say there’s much between them, but Summerville has a much better Prem record so hopefully that’s a sign that he’s handle the step back up much better than AK did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here