Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crysencio Summerville

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
1718638308581.png

Ditchling Dyke

Jan 11, 2021
This suggests a few things to me;
A deal with Stuttgart for Undav is probably now very close , enabling this offer for a replacement forward.
We are going in now as we know we might miss out and if we do we’ll then have time to move onto other targets.
Chelsea and Liverpool may have expressed an interest but they will have other targets that they may prioritise. If they really want him, he’ll go there rather than to Brighton.
Mitoma will go at some point and Summerville’s best position is left wing. We tend to succession plan well in advance so I expect another season of Karou.
I wouldn’t hold too much sway with Leeds press articles. They’ll expect Man City and Real Madrid are after their entire squad.
You couldn't be more wrong re: the Citeh / Madrid nonsense , and I am sorry to mention the name for you as we all know you will cringe and have meltdowns but for a long time now ( when it was blatantly obvious we would have to flog him and he would want to go , even if we had been promoted ) then a lot of Leeds fans likened him to suit the Palarse set up ....if he goes to you fair enough but I hope we dig our heels in a bit like you lot did with Ben White .... we could do with a bidding war .

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You couldn't be more wrong re: the Citeh / Madrid nonsense , and I am sorry to mention the name for you as we all know you will cringe and have meltdowns but for a long time now ( when it was blatantly obvious we would have to flog him and he would want to go , even if we had been promoted ) then a lot of Leeds fans likened him to suit the Palarse set up ....if he goes to you fair enough but I hope we dig our heels in a bit like you lot did with Ben White .... we could do with a bidding war .
The City/ Madrid comments were in jest!
A serious question though about Summerville for you. I watched him in the play off final and he didn’t seem to be as motivated as I thought he would be. Is that just because he wants off?
I’d be disappointed with a player that didn’t seem to give everything in such an important game, or was he injured?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A bit of a guess for me but I’d assume Leeds need Summerville gone by the end of June for FFP reasons. Liverpool and Chelsea will have to act quick if they want him, that might mean them missing out on other targets. We may well not be gazumped if there is any truth to our interest.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A bit of a guess for me but I’d assume Leeds need Summerville gone by the end of June for FFP reasons. Liverpool and Chelsea will have to act quick if they want him, that might mean them missing out on other targets. We may well not be gazumped if there is any truth to our interest.
Would also mean our spending is before the 30th June which would mean it’s in the same 12 month period as the sale of Caicedo? Which probably helps going forward.

Ditchling Dyke

Jan 11, 2021
The City/ Madrid comments were in jest!
A serious question though about Summerville for you. I watched him in the play off final and he didn’t seem to be as motivated as I thought he would be. Is that just because he wants off?
I’d be disappointed with a player that didn’t seem to give everything in such an important game, or was he injured?
I know it was in jest ( banteresque ) but I wanted it clear that we don't have aspirations of some of our better players going to world beating teams so to speak ......anyway . He is very much a selfish player ( who don't get me wrong has scored some great goals and we probably wouldn't have got to the playoffs but for the likes of him ) however we have a saying "Side before Self " and he is far from that , he wants the glory himself , removing his shirt and pointing to himself , throwing an embarrassing hissy when a penalty was taken from him by the " technically " designated team penalty taker , so he took it back and thankfully scored , I know for an absolute itk fact as well he has caused a few riffs within the dressing room , he isnt good enough for the premier league and its not sour grapes either , yep I would be happy if he stayed but realistically he is an asset and we need the dosh .

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I know it was in jest ( banteresque ) but I wanted it clear that we don't have aspirations of some of our better players going to world beating teams so to speak ......anyway . He is very much a selfish player ( who don't get me wrong has scored some great goals and we probably wouldn't have got to the playoffs but for the likes of him ) however we have a saying "Side before Self " and he is far from that , he wants the glory himself , removing his shirt and pointing to himself , throwing an embarrassing hissy when a penalty was taken from him by the " technically " designated team penalty taker , so he took it back and thankfully scored , I know for an absolute itk fact as well he has caused a few riffs within the dressing room , he isnt good enough for the premier league and its not sour grapes either , yep I would be happy if he stayed but realistically he is an asset and we need the dosh .
Yes, his attitude was what concerns me about him. Lots of technical ability but I’d have been fuming at his lack of effort in that Play off final.

Ditchling Dyke

Jan 11, 2021
Yes, his attitude was what concerns me about him. Lots of technical ability but I’d have been fuming at his lack of effort in that Play off final.
We were fuming however it doesn't take a lot to snuff him out as such .... put 2 on him , stop him from cutting inside and he has been taken out of the game , he really is a 1 trick ( show ) pony .....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two of the most talked about journalists* on NSC chew the fat together on Summerville to Brighton.

*This is disputed by some.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Worrying this ie Mitoma unless it’s cover.
He has played double the amount of games at right wing than he has played inverted at left wing which is Mitoma’s position.

That said, like RDZ, Hürzeler loves an inverted winger. But TB plays this game a few moves ahead. Perhaps he is Mitoma’s replacement next year or the year after? If he gets his 22/23 form back, we’re not keeping him are we?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Too expensive and fails the dickhead test - I think there will be better options out there. We do need another decent winger though if Mitoma and March are going to be vulnerable.

I think the dickhead test is rather overrated. Don't forget we gave jobs to the following people who all ulrimately failed the dickhead test according to NSC - Trossard, Sanchez, Potter, Winstanley, Caicedo, Bruno, Cucurella. I'm sure there plenty more you can add according to your own preferences.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah Liverpool and Chelsea want him but he isn't good enough for us. The state of this place sometimes.
Is he as good as Mitoma, or Adingra, or Ibrahim or March? Chelsea want anyone and everyone that anyone else is interested in, and Liverpool maybe have a gap in the squad that he would fill nicely for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here