Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crowd tom night

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It's a pre-season friendly as well ffs. I'm going, but I can understand that a lot of people have either; got better things to do than watch a match that has nothing riding on it, need to save money for the actual season, and/or could do without travel inconveniences on a Tuesday night.

Anything above 8k and it's a great turnout IMO.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
someone said to me only just over 6000 sold???

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's almost been embarrassing how much Kuipers himself has had to sell the game by turning up to so many public events to promote it, and hand out leaflets. Even all the current Brighton players are being told to tweet about it to encourage more sales.

Such a shame, he deserves much more. The chance to play Chelsea on the Saturday was just too much for the club to turn down

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Actually someone made a good point on another thread that really the only people who know kiups are withdean regulars and the away fans who didn't go to withers.

Our new fan base wouldnt know kiups if he bumped into you in the street

I am tempted to agree with you. Our new fans (and I'm not criticising them) won't identify with him - or the other Withdean greats - as the Withdean faithful will.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If this had been played late July / early August last year he would have been guaranteed a gate of 22'000.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He sounded DESPERATE at half time in the Chelsea game. Thought he was on the verge of offering sexual favours.

Times must be tight

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think 7000 is about right as it probably represents the long standing loyal supporters.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
10k would be an amazing crowd for a testimonial against poor opposition. A higher attendance than we got for a league match for 10 years prior to last season. Even 7k would be good.

I do feel the club has stitched him right up though with the timing and the Chelsea game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think sales have picked up a bit in the last couple of days, a lot of seats around me have been sold now and i think a lot more in general are now selling.

Reading arent a bad team and would give the squad (excluding Michel of course) a good test and maybe help prove that the Chelsea result wasnt a fluke.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
To Honour Kuipers

Kuipers was a great servant to our club for many years so as a sign of respect I've decided to help increase tomorrow nights attendance.

Tomorrow I'm going to purchase an extra ticket and then start phoning some friends to see who might like to go. The tickets are half-price and Kuipers deserves a good crowd. I will take along a friend who will experience the Amex for free, who knows they may even get the bug and become a regular themselves.

I share this idea as if enough of us do it we could help get a decent attendance for a top asset to our club

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I have to say I'm disappointed that there are still tickets left for this game, Michel is a legend and deserves a good crowd. If I was in the country I'd be rounding up all my mates (football loving or not) and inserting them into the Amex!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually someone made a good point on another thread that really the only people who know kiups are withdean regulars and the away fans who didn't go to withers.

Our new fan base wouldnt know kiups if he bumped into you in the street

I made this point along with a couple of others. And I think it's a fair point. Why would any of last seasons new recruits feel the urge to turn up for Kuipers?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I shall be wearing an old Albion shirt tomorrow to honour the great FDM.

I am also going for the special meatball pie...... :drool:

Last edited:

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I hope the club don't think they can milk every spare bit of cash from the Amex faithful with two friendlies in four days. The cows have only so much milk to give. With such a popular player as Michel every spare seat should be filled, alas it won't be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here