Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crowd tom night

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Around £50 on two frendlies in a week is alot.

Also being on a Tuesday night does not help, people would have picked between Chelsea and Reading. Lets face it if you have kids most would have wanted to see the Chelsea game to see the star players.

The game is a victim of circumstance. Anything over 6000 IMHO is not to shaby.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Who the bloody hell has a testimonial any more? He was probably on between £1-£5k a week in his 10 years, he shouldn't need the money.

Before anyone has a go at me about the wages that I have speculated at, whatever he was on was way more than the average supporter.

Before anyone has a go at me about supporting legends, I am going.

Before anyone has another go at me, I would love a testimonial but somehow I don't think my work or 99% of others will be up for that, although they will probably be up for a beer down the pub with a small collection...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know people on his testimonial committee and he chose Reading himself. He also chose to delay his testimonial until this year. If he gets 7K there then that is treble what OGH or Kerry Mayo got for their testimonials.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Around £50 on two frendlies in a week is alot.

Also being on a Tuesday night does not help, people would have picked between Chelsea and Reading. Lets face it if you have kids most would have wanted to see the Chelsea game to see the star players.

The game is a victim of circumstance. Anything over 6000 IMHO is not to shaby.

Wrong... My kids have used their pocket money to go to the Reading game with their mates, I paid for Chelsea. They already said they wanted to go on their own to Reading, for the first time without me, before I told them I had Chelsea tickets.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Wrong... My kids have used their pocket money to go to the Reading game with their mates, I paid for Chelsea. They already said they wanted to go on their own to Reading, for the first time without me, before I told them I had Chelsea tickets.

Fair enough, but I can bet a large amount will have done as I have stated. Like it or not, personally I dont like it.

Plus the Chelsea game was included in the 1901 package, you can take off at least half of those for the Reading game as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Loving this.

To blame the club for putting on a low cost game against a top tier side after blaming them for putting on an "overpriced" sell out against the Champions of Europe is farcical.

It's a pre-season friendly FFS - it has to be played pre-season. We will have played 4 games in Sussex in the space of ten days or so pretty much the same as every year. The fact that it's a testimonial is quite possibly the issue - visions of a half pace run around with more "pensioners" than serious players. Tired format to benefit already highly paid footballers.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I would go if I could afford it but I can't. So blame the fact that I cannot find a job on me not attending.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it's been said a few times, but the whole thing has been handled quite badly in my opinion. The Chelsea game was unfortunate timing and was always going to take the focus away from where it should always have been. Not to mention that when Michel played for us we had attendances in the 6,000s. I don't know the latest sales, but if it makes 10,000 then that is a fantastic turnout which has been severly reduced due to playing the European Champions at our place a few days beforehand.

Who the bloody hell has a testimonial any more? He was probably on between £1-£5k a week in his 10 years, he shouldn't need the money.

Before anyone has a go at me about the wages that I have speculated at, whatever he was on was way more than the average supporter.

Before anyone has a go at me about supporting legends, I am going.

Before anyone has another go at me, I would love a testimonial but somehow I don't think my work or 99% of others will be up for that, although they will probably be up for a beer down the pub with a small collection...

Not sure he does need the money and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives a load of it away to AITC or something. He's that sort of bloke.

Do your work not give loyalty awards? Isn't it kinda the same thing?

I think he has been stitched up a bit by the Chelsea game, Reading aren't a draw as they're a shit plastic club that few people would want to look out their windows to see. Add to that it being midweek, holiday season, the Olympics and no park and ride and it's hardly attractive. I am going though.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure he does need the money and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives a load of it away to AITC or something. He's that sort of bloke.

Do your work not give loyalty awards? Isn't it kinda the same thing?

I think he has been stitched up a bit by the Chelsea game, Reading aren't a draw as they're a shit plastic club that few people would want to look out their windows to see. Add to that it being midweek, holiday season, the Olympics and no park and ride and it's hardly attractive. I am going though.

You may be correct in that he may give a load to AITC or something, which is great.

No loyalty points for me, I am self-employed rather than working for Tesco's.

I actually don't think he was stitched up, I think he chose Reading, Brighton were happy as they are Premiership then unfortunately for Kuipers, Chelsea suddenly popped up like a bad penny like they are and BHA and Gus could not turn it down.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
when Michel played for us we had attendances in the 6,000s.

Yes, but it wasn't just one set of 6,000-8,000 people that never changed though was it? Over the lifetime of our Withdean tenure those crowds were probably made up of between 15-20k different BHA fans watching the team at one time or another, dropping into that dump as and when they fancied an Albion fix.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, but it wasn't just one set of 6,000-8,000 people that never changed though was it? Over the lifetime of our Withdean tenure those crowds were probably made up of between 15-20k different BHA fans watching the team at one time or another, dropping into that dump as and when they fancied an Albion fix.

Without wanting to sound superior because I was there for all of it, I wonder what the actual stat is on how many different people saw Brighton at Withdean. And how many saw 10, 50, 100, etc. Did anyone do ALL of the league games there? I don't think I've come across anyone on here who has claimed such a feat.

I'm in no way attempting to jump on the JCL bashing bandwagon.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
After 4 months without the Amex until Saturday, any opportunity to go to the home of my religion is embraced. Especially for Michel!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Last testimonial I went to was Graham Moseley's at the Goldstone. We played Spurs, I believe there was about 8500ish there.

Just saying.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm in bringing a newbie too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here