Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crisis at Anfield

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
We are massive underdogs for this. And should use this tag to best effect. Nothing is impossible but this is going to be hard, very hard. Palace beat United because Fergie is slowly lossing the plot.

Kenny is losing the plot too so i don't see your point. I don't think we will beat them. All i said is I would not rule it out

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Shit me, let's put that one to bed straight away - Palace beat a Manchester United team unrecognisable from the one that usually takes to the field in the Premier League. Palace beat a Manchester United reserve team while we beat NUFC's FIRST team and will probably be facing Liverpool's FIRST team at Anfield.

And your point is?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Liverpool are no longer the massive club they once were, they are living on past glories. Jay Spearing and Charlie Adams in the Centre, that just cracks me up - Bit different to Xabi Alonso and Steve Gerrard in his prime!

They have spunked so much money on average players, like £77m on Downing, Henderson and Carroll :eek:

Hence why I said on another thread that an away trip to Anfield in the cup is just MEH

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's a cup game, I'm not sure what we did or didn't do in the first half is relevant. We scored the goal that sent us through. Riding your luck is what helps smaller clubs beat the big boys.
He was talking about Liverpool in the league cup, not newcastle in the f.a

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Hence why I said on another thread that an away trip to Anfield in the cup is just MEH

The little lad is back again, oh what joy.
In regard to the OP and many other posts, I think it is fairly obvious that LFC are not the same club as they where 25/30 years ago. Two years ago they were a gnat's breath away from administration, even though they were one of the very, very few profitable football clubs in the UK. I would also agree that our summer signings have looker average at best but so what? They have the potential to be good players and FSG are building for the future unlike chelski a few years ago and Citeoh now.
Fortunately, Liverpool being both the city and the club it is we do not expect success now. Ask yourself a simple question. Have you ever heard a crowd at Anfield boo their team, it does not happen. I have heard it plenty of times at our rivals and also a few times at Brighton down the many years. It is a city that supports its team, and a team that supports its city.
Will Brighton have a chance at Anfield ? Of course they will, BHA are a team heading for the play-offs.
Most true football fans appreciate a trip to Anfield, and usually whatever the result come away saying it was worth the trip. I have been to a World Cup Final, a Boca V Riva game (Although that was special I'll admit) and loads of other top teams but nothing ever compares to a European game at Anfield.
So lets all go, enjoy the game and live the moment. I do see however a 3-1 score to the Redmen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stop BANGING on about Liverpool. They are just an above average prem side and the sooner you realise the better. You are just as bad as that Fairey bloke.

Im also sure there were more than a few BOOS for Woy.

There are new kings to the throne now so just get used to it.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
In regard to the OP and many other posts, I think it is fairly obvious that LFC are not the same club as they where 25/30 years ago. Two years ago they were a gnat's breath away from administration, even though they were one of the very, very few profitable football clubs in the UK. I would also agree that our summer signings have looker average at best but so what? They have the potential to be good players and FSG are building for the future unlike chelski a few years ago and Citeoh now.
Fortunately, Liverpool being both the city and the club it is we do not expect success now. Ask yourself a simple question. Have you ever heard a crowd at Anfield boo their team, it does not happen. I have heard it plenty of times at our rivals and also a few times at Brighton down the many years. It is a city that supports its team, and a team that supports its city.
Will Brighton have a chance at Anfield ? Of course they will, BHA are a team heading for the play-offs.
Most true football fans appreciate a trip to Anfield, and usually whatever the result come away saying it was worth the trip. I have been to a World Cup Final, a Boca V Riva game (Although that was special I'll admit) and loads of other top teams but nothing ever compares to a European game at Anfield.
So lets all go, enjoy the game and live the moment. I do see however a 3-1 score to the Redmen.

3 things

1 : Whatever you say about Man City and thier spending, their plans for youth development are something else.
2 : The Liverpool fans booed at half time yesterday but I'm sure you will tell me no-one was booing the team. Of Course, the Liverpool fans only had good words to say about Roy as well and that fan pressure had nothing to do with his demise. Liverpool fans are no better than any others, have more plastic 30 somethings than any other team yet Liverpool fans seem to think they are something special just because they are fans. They are no different to any other club just with glasses more tinted about how great they are.
3 : Great European Nights : What like the 0-0 draw with Braga and half a dozen fans there? Any club can create an atmosphere in a Champions league semi.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Liverpool fans are no better than any others, have more plastic 30 somethings than any other team

This I find especially true. My local might as well be in Liverpool for the amount that turn up to watch when they're on telly. So many in fact, I'm seriously considering giving my own local a body-swerve for the cup game.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bloody hell, I rarely watch Liverpool games apart from the occasional highlight on MOTD, and even I've heard Liverpool fans booing the team. There have been enough performances worthy of it over the past couple of seasons. Let's not fall for the usual delusion that Liverpool fans are somehow better than anyone else's.

Also- I've got to say, despite all the history etc, I'm (to my own surprise) finding it quite hard to get excited about the game at Anfield. I'd rather have had Arsenal or Chelsea in all honesty. Liverpool just don't set the pulse racing like they used to. Charlie Adam? Dirk Kuyt? I'll go, sure, but I'd have gone if it was Newcastle away, or Aston Villa, or Sunderland...I went to Stoke last season FFS. The crowd will be down because of the stupid kick off time, plus we've already played Liverpool this season. So it really isn't the fabulous glamour tie that perhaps you'd like to think it is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Agreed. You guys definitely stood by Roy Hodgson from day one til the very end. Loyal supporters all.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I was at the game last night and have been to hundreds over the years and I have NEVER heard Liverpool supporters Boo the team.

Roy got booed for saying an away draw at Fulham was a good result and meant it. In fact this was only sporadic. Dalgish was chanted throughout most of the home games and he himself admitted he never fitted in. Not his fault, just an attempt by our ex owners to sell the crown jewels and get away with it. There was constant booing at hicks and gillette whenever they attended a home game, about three I think, never directed at the team.

Just look at the EA and compare it too the Echo and you will see that LFC fans support their team not criticize it.

This is not to say the team have not deserved it, but it just doesn't happen.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
That's you're a Palace-loving imbecile - NEVER miss a valid opportunity to slag off Palace - you had that opportunity and you f***ed it up royally.

I'm bored of Palace. More concerned about our next 3 games than worrying about them. But you carry on :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here