Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crisis at Anfield

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tell you what SS when will you realise that you are not a BIG CLUB anymore?

Dodgy refereeing decisions won you titles (just like Man Utd get now) and 100% THIS:

Liverpool fans are no better than any others, have more plastic 30 somethings than any other team yet Liverpool fans seem to think they are something special just because they are fans. They are no different to any other club just with glasses more tinted about how great they are.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Football is getting more like chess every day:

Liverpool 0-0 Tottenham: neither side step it up in the second half | Zonal Marking

livvtot.jpg

If the opposition defends deep it is very hard to break them down. And there is always the risk of the counter attack. From what I have seen of Liverpool, they might not be able to score as often as they want, but they do not lose the ball easily in posession, so they are a very difficult team to beat at Anfield and no team has done it this season.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's a cup game, I'm not sure what we did or didn't do in the first half is relevant. We scored the goal that sent us through. Riding your luck is what helps smaller clubs beat the big boys.

Agreed - but in terms of giving them a run for their money we only did that for half the game. A repeat at Anfield may see us well beaten.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bloody hell, I rarely watch Liverpool games apart from the occasional highlight on MOTD, and even I've heard Liverpool fans booing the team. There have been enough performances worthy of it over the past couple of seasons. Let's not fall for the usual delusion that Liverpool fans are somehow better than anyone else's.

Also- I've got to say, despite all the history etc, I'm (to my own surprise) finding it quite hard to get excited about the game at Anfield. I'd rather have had Arsenal or Chelsea in all honesty. Liverpool just don't set the pulse racing like they used to. Charlie Adam? Dirk Kuyt? I'll go, sure, but I'd have gone if it was Newcastle away, or Aston Villa, or Sunderland...I went to Stoke last season FFS. The crowd will be down because of the stupid kick off time, plus we've already played Liverpool this season. So it really isn't the fabulous glamour tie that perhaps you'd like to think it is.

Spot on with all of that.

The delusion that traveling Toon Army fans were fanatical was completely shattered the other week as well, didn't hear a single peep out of them.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agreed - but in terms of giving them a run for their money we only did that for half the game. A repeat at Anfield may see us well beaten.

By reports, it seemed that Liverpool played some of their best football at Brighton this season at the time. They had a reserve back four. They are one of only two teams this season to score against us in the first 15 minutes (although there have been enough scares).

I thought we were a bit nervous and when we settled down we did OK. They allowed us to push up for the equaliser and caught us on the break. I think the formation and style of Brighton and Liverpool were very similar. They will miss Lucas in midfield as we will miss Sparrow.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I was at the game last night and have been to hundreds over the years and I have NEVER heard Liverpool supporters Boo the team.

Roy got booed for saying an away draw at Fulham was a good result and meant it.

Contradictory-mungus pop pickers

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I used to like Liverpool but I must say since Dalglish has gone back they have become quite un-likeable.

They have quite a few dirty, nasty players in their team like Skrtel, Adam, Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez (in trouble again in his FIRST match back). And reading Twitter last night and today, Dalglish seems to be losing a lot of goodwill that he had previously with his stance on Suarez and his general attitude in interviews.

I didn't like the way their fans treated a very good manager and decent bloke (and now friend of Gus) in Woy and I always found it quite funny how their deluded fans thought that King Kenny (who had been out of management for 12 years!) coming back was the answer to all their prayers and they were suddenly going to be league contenders again. Certainly hasn't worked out that way.

And Man City get stick for trying to buy the title but at least they have spent the money on quality players. I still struggle to comprehend how Dalglish and Commolli thought it a good idea to spend £75 million on Carroll, Downing and Henderson.

These days they are a very average premier league team with a good history. Not too different to Everton actually.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
One of just 4 out of all 92 unbeaten at Home all season. Crisis what Crisis

Lets have a little closer look at that amazing home record. Of your/their 12 home league games:

You/they have a mere 20 out of 36 points (1 more than Fulham, Norwich and Sunderland, 1 less than Swansea and 16 less than Man City!).

You/they have only won 4 of those 12.

You/they have drawn against Sunderland (when they were awful), Norwich, Swansea, Blackburn and Stoke.

You/they have only scored 14 goals, thats 1.16 goals per game!

Always the victim, its never your fault!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I used to like Liverpool but I must say since Dalglish has gone back they have become quite un-likeable.

They have quite a few dirty, nasty players in their team like Skrtel, Adam, Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez (in trouble again in his FIRST match back). And reading Twitter last night and today, Dalglish seems to be losing a lot of goodwill that he had previously with his stance on Suarez and his general attitude in interviews.

I didn't like the way their fans treated a very good manager and decent bloke (and now friend of Gus) in Woy and I always found it quite funny how their deluded fans thought that King Kenny (who had been out of management for 12 years!) coming back was the answer to all their prayers and they were suddenly going to be league contenders again. Certainly hasn't worked out that way.

And Man City get stick for trying to buy the title but at least they have spent the money on quality players. I still struggle to comprehend how Dalglish and Commolli thought it a good idea to spend £75 million on Carroll, Downing and Henderson.

These days they are a very average premier league team with a good history. Not too different to Everton actually.

Funny really, as Dalglish was always something of a media favourite- like Redknapp, he was thought to be witty, good for a quote, and honest.

For my money, the Suarez incident has embarrassed Liverpool, and the worst thing is, they're still banging on about the perceived injustice even now. Dalglish raised the issue again last night. Liverpool, whatever my feelings on the club, used to be known as a fairly dignified entity, one that stood up for the traditions and represented all the good things about football. Now, they've just made idiots of themselves. Dalglish should have stopped those t-shirts right at the start. I understand he wants to support his player, like Fergie always does, but even Fergie had to acknowledge occasionally that his players had overstepped the mark. Cantona for example. Somebody at LFC needed to come out and say "right, the verdict is in, we're disappointed, but we're going to accept it and move on, no further comment to make". But nobody from the top level down has had the decency to do that, and it's going to reflect on them for a long time to come.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Funny really, as Dalglish was always something of a media favourite- like Redknapp, he was thought to be witty, good for a quote, and honest.

For my money, the Suarez incident has embarrassed Liverpool, and the worst thing is, they're still banging on about the perceived injustice even now. Dalglish raised the issue again last night. Liverpool, whatever my feelings on the club, used to be known as a fairly dignified entity, one that stood up for the traditions and represented all the good things about football. Now, they've just made idiots of themselves. Dalglish should have stopped those t-shirts right at the start. I understand he wants to support his player, like Fergie always does, but even Fergie had to acknowledge occasionally that his players had overstepped the mark. Cantona for example. Somebody at LFC needed to come out and say "right, the verdict is in, we're disappointed, but we're going to accept it and move on, no further comment to make". But nobody from the top level down has had the decency to do that, and it's going to reflect on them for a long time to come.

This.

Couldn't believe Dalglish raising the Suarez ban last night, what a total twat, just shames himself & his club even more to continue protesting about unfairness of ban.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I think if this was the case it would be Everton on the TV. All Liverpool matches in February are on TV.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
If King Kenny finally ditches Barn Door Carroll then they might start scoring some goals. His all round play last night was good, but his finishing was poor

This is exactly it! Liverpool spend so much time hoofing balls up to Carroll so that he can hold it up or head it towards goal. But realistically, he's no good at that. So basically, if Carroll plays, we have a genuine chance (not sarcasm at all, definitely think their poor form is down to Carroll)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not forgetting the Anfield pitch is 5 yards shorter than the Amex.

That shouldn't make any diffeence?

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Saw on ssn today that liverpool have the lowest chance conversion rate in the premiership at something like 20%! united and city are up there with 80%! Something like that anyway! Correct me if im wrong though!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Saw on ssn today that liverpool have the lowest chance conversion rate in the premiership at something like 20%! united and city are up there with 80%! Something like that anyway! Correct me if im wrong though!

I heard that as well, But also they create more chances than any other team.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shit me, let's put that one to bed straight away - Palace beat a Manchester United team unrecognisable from the one that usually takes to the field in the Premier League. .

Fabio, Evans, Smalling, Raphael
Diop, Park, Gibbs, Valencia
Berbatov, Macheada

Not a 1st choice side, but hardly unrecognisable either. All have played in the Premier League on several occasions.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No one does self pity like a scouser we ALL know that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here