Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crikey Gus doesn't sound happy in his post match interview

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I'm sure he's not happy. neither am I. Another 2 points thrown away. As he said, we will not have an easier game all season. We blew it again, simple as that. Hard to believe how we're still in the top 8 after dropping so many easy points. I wonder why he didn't bring on Hoskins instead of Barnes ? We all know Barne's limitations and yet again he missed a couple of easy chances, so why oh why bring him on when Hoskins is there beside him on the bench. Very disappointing result and I expect Gus is fuming. Our " tight and disciplined defence" not looking so good now. Unable to defend set pieces and unable to hold on to another lead. To put things in perspective, Watford scored 6 against a Leeds team whom we just about managed to draw with.

To be fair, Leeds did only have 9 men for most of the second half....

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Yes, we should've won, but we drew against WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS. A team who, 2 years ago, were 2 divisions above us!
Some of the reactions on here make me think we actually lost 3-0 to Swindon again. Christ.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
there are some crazy members of NSC who are quite happy with the 3-3 draw despite our massive advantage

massive....hmm...didnt burnley only just beat us last year despite us having only 9 for most of match (yes they were crap) ....we should have won despite them with ten...but massive is pushing it considering how much there squad costs

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
TBH, I've watched/listened to so many games when against 10 men the 11 have lost. Let's not forget the game a couple o' years ago when we lost against 9!!!

20 Sep 2008, Brighton v Walsall. As pointed out we lost 1-0 against 9 men and was absolutely the worst game of football i ever saw at the Withers.

4 days later we beat Man City and bar the Cheatafield 'brown envelop' match was the best.

That's football.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
massive....hmm...didnt burnley only just beat us last year despite us having only 9 for most of match (yes they were crap) ....we should have won despite them with ten...but massive is pushing it considering how much there squad costs

Sorry Lamster "Gigantic" would have been more appropriate - apologies

D

Deleted member 2719

Blamed everyone bar himself again. I would not be surprised if there are several clicks within the playing squad, who are getting more than a little pissed off with their manager...What about the comment about if any players speak out, then they are in the shit....It is totally Gus's way or the highway, he constantly moans about the players not doing this and not doing that...Well he signed them all.

So so true, Gus has to take a lot of responsibility also and should be prepared to kick himself up the arse as well as his players.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
There should be plenty of leaders ... Crofts ... Hammond ... Greer .... Maybe El Abd when fit needs to be made captain

I think there might be too many. I diod wonder how Crofts would settle back under another captain, given he's been playing at a much higher level than Greer. He doesn't seem the player he was at Albion before he went to Norwich.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not surprised Gus threw a wobbly , Wolves score after we were in control and we manage to equalise before half time. Wolves down to 10 men. Early in the 2nd half there were 2 easy chances to make it 3-1 but then Wolves take advantage after Dunk fouls a player near the half way line and the ref allows play on. We equalise and then instead of going for the jugular we go into "steady passing build up mode" and it takes a handball in the penalty box for us to score from 12 yards and make it 3-2. A minute left of normal time and three minutes stoppage time and instead of retaining possession we invite pressure and they get a last gasp equaliser.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Jeeez, we're 8 in the championship after 16 games only 3 points off the play-offs, yes we should have won today, but you can't blame Gus for that. Of course he's gonna be hacked off, you would if your players go and win it and then fluff it at a corner.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not surprised Gus threw a wobbly , Wolves score after we were in control and we manage to equalise before half time. Wolves down to 10 men. Early in the 2nd half there were 2 easy chances to make it 3-1 but then Wolves take advantage after Dunk fouls a player near the half way line and the ref allows play on. We equalise and then instead of going for the jugular we go into "steady passing build up mode" and it takes a handball in the penalty box for us to score from 12 yards and make it 3-2. A minute left of normal time and three minutes stoppage time and instead of retaining possession we invite pressure and they get a last gasp equaliser.

I don't see how anyone is surprised. Watford, mill wall to name a couple of games where we stopped playing and invited pressure for the last period of the game. Sooner or later we were going to come unstuck. That's down to poyet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jeeez, we're 8 in the championship after 16 games only 3 points off the play-offs, yes we should have won today, but you can't blame Gus for that. Of course he's gonna be hacked off, you would if your players go and win it and then fluff it at a corner.

It wasn't fluffed , it was very poor defending. We had a man over and didn't put anyone on the goal-line.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't see how anyone is surprised. Watford, mill wall to name a couple of games where we stopped playing and invited pressure for the last period of the game. Sooner or later we were going to come unstuck. That's down to poyet.

The players let Gus down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What.......What......What........

No, but if you want respect as a person some times you take it on the chin.

I would have thought that his record as both a player and as a manager for us would have gained him all the respect of our players as he has achieved far more than any of our present players.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The blame today falls solely at the players feet I'm afraid

Started brightly and then after 20mins stopped playing in the same way, all the great movement and passing just stopped... Can't see how anyone but the players can be blamed for that. And as for the 2nd half, yet again it was individual errors that cost us both missing golden opportunities to take the lead and some very poor defending for their goals.

I'm not saying Gus always gets it right, but today he was spot on. He made tactical changes which effected the game in a positive way, such as moving Bruno to cm. Some of the players today need to have a look at their performances and buck up their ideas as we cannot continue to draw or lose games because of missed chances again and again.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
The blame today falls solely at the players feet I'm afraid

Started brightly and then after 20mins stopped playing in the same way, all the great movement and passing just stopped... Can't see how anyone but the players can be blamed for that. And as for the 2nd half, yet again it was individual errors that cost us both missing golden opportunities to take the lead and some very poor defending for their goals.

I'm not saying Gus always gets it right, but today he was spot on. He made tactical changes which effected the game in a positive way, such as moving Bruno to cm. Some of the players today need to have a look at their performances and buck up their ideas as we cannot continue to draw or lose games because of missed chances again and again.

Pretty much spot on, it was missed chances and defensive errors which costed us the win, Gus isn't to blame for the result today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here