Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crikey Gus doesn't sound happy in his post match interview

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I never listen to Gus and his after match interviews. I think he talks rubbish. I found it funny at first but now he makes me cringe.
I know he is upset by that ending but he picks the team, sets up the tactics and he must share some blame.
Maybe our budget is too small....:wink:

I would like to add that most managers talk tripe straight after a match. I know they obligated to do so in most cases but I would rather let them have their rants in the dressing room and then have some time before they have to speak.
Gus is still the man.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
At least he changed the starting line up which is something I've been hoping for for a long time. Will he stick with Dobbie or bring Barnes back at Huddersfield? Perhaps swap Spanish Dave for Buckers?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
All the best managers are sore losers. Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho...

I would LOVE to hear what he has to say to the players when he's in this mood, I can imagine they get the full on hairdrier treatment - especially at whoever was supposed to be marking the left post during their late equaliser.

It's only a matter of time before everything clicks and Gus finds the right balance between offence & defence and we start winning games 2-0/3-0

This was him in a pre season friendly, so I dread to think what happened at full time today :lol:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm sure he's not happy. neither am I. Another 2 points thrown away. As he said, we will not have an easier game all season. We blew it again, simple as that. Hard to believe how we're still in the top 8 after dropping so many easy points. I wonder why he didn't bring on Hoskins instead of Barnes ? We all know Barne's limitations and yet again he missed a couple of easy chances, so why oh why bring him on when Hoskins is there beside him on the bench. Very disappointing result and I expect Gus is fuming. Our " tight and disciplined defence" not looking so good now. Unable to defend set pieces and unable to hold on to another lead. To put things in perspective, Watford scored 6 against a Leeds team whom we just about managed to draw with.

Missed ElAbd always do

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He said the other day that we're not ready to go up. And today the players proved that he knows what he's talking about...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Following this club nothing shocks me ...like a 93rd minute winner on Tuesday its all swings and roundabouts

Jeez, Vulture is that really you. Have you won the lottery and are not telling us ----- you are talking so much sense I think it must be someone else posting! :eek:

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
The players need to take responsibility for this result they only have themselves to blame for letting it slip at the end. You cant blame Gus for it. He obviously felt very frustrated during the interview. It will soon be forgotten when we win next time.:ascarf:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We do lack power in the air. Every times Wolves had a free kick or corner I worried.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gus has a right to be pissed off.

We dominated the first half yet Wolves scored with their only attack due to dozy defending.

Superb equaliser but a suicidal pass from Bridders put us behind.

Dobbie missed when one on one , hit the post and sensational save from their keeper.

Great second goal from us and a slightly fortunate pen.

We then defended too deep and gave a silly free kick away when the sensible thing was to take the heat out and pass Wolves out of the game.

More possession, more shots (15), more corners (which we know come to nothing) and some superb play especially after CMS had scored.

Yet it feels like a defeat.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A friend who supports Leeds was at the Amex for our last match. Had good things to say about the stadium, fans etc but said Gus needs to man up. He is right and This yet again proves it. Still the man for the job but acts like a teenager at times.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
If Gus wasn't Brighton's manager i would despise him!

But who would sound happy after losing a lead with 3 mins to play!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Honestly think he will be gone by Christmas ........hope he proves me wrong.

Walks or Sacked? can't see either happening

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If Gus wasn't Brighton's manager i would despise him!

But who would sound happy after losing a lead with 3 mins to play!

there are some crazy members of NSC who are quite happy with the 3-3 draw despite our massive advantage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here