Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crikey Gus doesn't sound happy in his post match interview

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
I'm sure he's not happy. neither am I. Another 2 points thrown away. As he said, we will not have an easier game all season. We blew it again, simple as that. Hard to believe how we're still in the top 8 after dropping so many easy points. I wonder why he didn't bring on Hoskins instead of Barnes ? We all know Barne's limitations and yet again he missed a couple of easy chances, so why oh why bring him on when Hoskins is there beside him on the bench. Very disappointing result and I expect Gus is fuming. Our " tight and disciplined defence" not looking so good now. Unable to defend set pieces and unable to hold on to another lead. To put things in perspective, Watford scored 6 against a Leeds team whom we just about managed to draw with.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The manager's recent public utterances have got more and more rambling and incoherent. He doesn't seem to twig that most chairmen wouldn't tolerate his random bullshit and would replace him with somebody who at least has a slideshow presentation of how he would improve things. This'll all end in tears, nothing's surer. Just won't do.:nono:
Just who would you be happy to replace him with....remembering our financial limits...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
arton1878-75231.jpg
Genius is extremely close,if Gus blinks he could miss it-i should know i flicker between the two.

Aleusmaximus

Aug 17, 2012
Romans temple to Ale
Lost in translation me thinks...great passion though...I can guess who he's talking about u only have to follow players on twitter..#overpaid&sad....we,and ALL of this league are not good enough to compete in the premiershite...look at saints.

D

Deleted member 2719

I posted this on another thread:

I am glad he is cos i am, i felt with all the missed chances over the past months, he should have given them the rocket long ago.

These guys are professional footballers and they can not hit the target.

Have we got any reconised striker coach, We have the defence sorted with Tanno and Oatway and Gus to sort the midfielders out, but who the hell do we have coaching them on how to score?

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
I started a thread about this earlier in the week :smile:

Went to a dinner in the week at which Ray wilkins was guest speaker. He said much the same thing about the current England team, saying he fears the worst as young players are basically spoiled rotten, want it all too easy, not allowed to do this or that without consulting anyone...etc etc. he says that when Gerrard / Lampard / Terry style players dissapear from the squad, who is going to step up to the mark and be a leader?

The same could be said about the current generation of players at league level. Or is this just the way the game / society has gone? Not allowed to tackle very much due to fear of a red card etc. Do certain players need to "grow a pair"? This does not encourage leadership qualities in the old fashioned Terry Butcher style.

Is it just me but I always worry about playing against ten men, we just don't dominate. So yes, time to stand up and take then apart.

TBH, I've watched/listened to so many games when against 10 men the 11 have lost. Let's not forget the game a couple o' years ago when we lost against 9!!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gus had it tactically spot on today and I hope he is annoyed as his players let him down today.

It will click and come good

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Let him go home he wants to, we'll be just fine if he does. Will he ?
He is starting to piss me off, with his my way or the highway attitude

I agree with what he said, his players have let him down over the last few weeks missing penalties, guilt edged chances and today conceding in injury time. He cannot do anything about those things. The way he has set the team up to attack, create chances and win is pretty much spot on isn't it?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Gus had it tactically spot on today and I hope he is annoyed as his players let him down today.

It will click and come good

This. We had enough chanced to win 3 games today. Wolves had 4 shots on target and scored 3 of them.

That says more about you, misinterpreting what he says. Why do you think he wants to go? He has never said anything of the sort.

By his "..or I'll go home" comments he clearly is referring to the players inability to do as they are instructed, and he might as well not bother training them. Obviously he doesn't mean it, but its his south american tempered way of describing his frustration with the players, not the club.

MK, to be fair, he has spoken frankly like this before and I think this is just a way of him expressing his disappointment at not winning!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I threw a huge sulk when Wolves scored that last gasp equaliser. I want my manager to care in the same way and Gus does. Mine you I did think that he was going to resign at one point in the interview.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No one listens but i will keep saying it...our defence is not good enough. Stop leaking stupid goals by closing down the opposition.

I honestly think that two good championship quality centre backs will turn us into promotion contenders.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All the best managers are sore losers. Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho...

I would LOVE to hear what he has to say to the players when he's in this mood, I can imagine they get the full on hairdrier treatment - especially at whoever was supposed to be marking the left post during their late equaliser.

It's only a matter of time before everything clicks and Gus finds the right balance between offence & defence and we start winning games 2-0/3-0

we never mark the posts during set pieces and Gus does nothing about it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Watford scored 6 against a Leeds team whom we just about managed to draw with.

But let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good story. Like the fact Leeds were down to 9 men. And we just about managed a draw?! What game did you watch?!

Sounds like a man who has realised he's not as good as he thinks he is.

You're completely wrong there. Completely wrong. Gus picked the right team, we had chance after chance. His players let him down, Gus did nothing wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
geez..i dont think some people can ever be pleased.....if he had said he was happy with a point people would of been on his back etc etc....for me the interview was fine...we should have had three points we didnt and the players had the opportunity..i'm glad he's not happy ..of course we will now have the posters taking apart the interview word by word..taking it out of context etc etc.....yawn

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good story. Like the fact Leeds were down to 9 men. And we just about managed a draw?! What game did you watch?!

You're completely wrong there. Completely wrong. Gus picked the right team, we had chance after chance. His players let him down, Gus did nothing wrong.

spot on..there really are people who seem moronic at times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here