Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Has Lokki really FLOUNCED?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
once again - I wish people would not be so f***ing rude as to say 'folk who dedicate their lives to religion are ODD...my father is a Christian, a nice bloke and in no way f***ing ODD...

why make such pathetic sweeping statements?

Alright, I'll reword it.
I think some of their BELIEFS are a bit ODD (not f***ing odd, just odd). But then they'd probably think I'm a misguided weirdo as well. All about OPINIONS isn't it. No need to throw an eppy.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
And I agreed, he does make valid points about society and our current ills. But surely it is our own greed and consumerism that has caused the credit crunch and recession, not god's intervention? How can you attribute this to the hand of god? And even if you accept that it is god's doing, then why isn't he feeding the starving, ending wars or curing the sick? Strange priorities he has.

he is a believer - he therefore believes that everything and everyone is a result of gods will.

I, like you, am a non believer - but i still see the validity in the points that he is making. It's just that i do not attribute them to the will of god. As for feeding the starving, ending wars, curing the sicketc - one could argue that it again comes down to sustainability. This planet simply cannot cope with the population growth that it is experiencing. This is an argument that could be made from a religious point of view, or a humanist one. Take your pick.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Alright, I'll reword it.
I think some of their BELIEFS are a bit ODD (not f***ing odd, just odd). But then they'd probably think I'm a misguided weirdo as well. All about OPINIONS isn't it. No need to throw an eppy.

I am glad you re-worded it because I was about to make an outraged statement. :D

My father is a Priest and he certainly doesn't believe this drivel. I am quite offended that people seem to regard people who are religious are being odd. The vast majority of people who are religious gain a lot of joy and solace from it and do not feel the need to shove it on other people's faces. I know that my father certainly doesn't.

The reasons why people become religious are often fiercely private and extremely important to people so call them odd without actually having knowledge of particular circumstances is unacceptable.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Alright, I'll reword it.

yes, it is all about opinions, however total generalisation of people who have religious faith (saying they are ODD) is just plain rude and incorrect.

Not an EPPY, more a point made, that before you start making sweeping statements, it may be nice to stop and think you may offend people.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I am glad you re-worded it because I was about to make an outraged statement. :D

My father is a Priest and he certainly doesn't believe this drivel. I am quite offended that people seem to regard people who are religious are being odd. The vast majority of people who are religious gain a lot of joy and solace from it and do not feel the need to shove it on other people's faces. I know that my father certainly doesn't.

The reasons why people become religious are often fiercely private and extremely important to people so call them odd without actually having knowledge of particular circumstances is unacceptable.

Why is it you can't call religious people odd. If your religious beliefs are so strong then it shouldn't matter.

before you start making sweeping statements, it may be nice to stop and think you may offend people.

Unless they are gay of course, then it's fine. Or adulterers. Or people who eat shellfish like our very own lobster loving Easy 10. Doesn't matter if we offend them obviously.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Unless they are gay of course, then it's fine. Or adulterers. Or people who eat shellfish like our very own lobster loving Easy 10. Doesn't matter if we offend them obviously.

was that in the text from the interview with the bishop ?

"all gay, adulterous prawn munchers should be SMITED" ? or is that all a bit made up ?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I read it in a bestseller. Ask your dad, he may have a copy to lend you, makes interesting reading.

I take it you mean 'The Bible' - have you read all of it then ? Or are you just taking some snippets from Wikipedia to post on a messageboard to make yourself seem clever?

you should work for the BBC...that is what they tend to do with their so called 'historical dramas'

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Are you saying that we should worry about offending adulterers? FFS people who are unfaithful to their spouses deserve everything they get.

Someone in my family has been on the receiving end of it and it was nearly the end of them.

Are you saying that we should worry about offending adulterers? FFS people who are unfaithful to their spouses deserve everything they get.

Like this woman in Somalia for example? She deserves being buried up to her neck then stoned to death?

Terms of Service

I think you may have missed my point fella.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

Someone in my family has been on the receiving end of it and it was nearly the end of them.

Do they really. It depends on the circumstances. When some people commit adultry it can be to escape a life of violence and abuse but the church would still condem it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
think it is because I have decided to go to Withdean tonight....put me in a miserable mood!! :lol:

Going to Withdean on a freezing October night to watch a shit team with no home wins and no strikers scuffle their way to a depressing and inevitable 0-2 defeat - now THATS f***ing odd.

But I'll be there :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here