Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crazy!!!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I phoned up ticket office, to get 1x adult 1x under 10 tickets for family stand because was told i didn't have to work today, only to be told family stand has sold out and if i want to go i have to pay not only £23.50 for me, but £14.50 for my 9 year old daughter who would normally go for £1 in family stand.

f***ing DISGEACE that they are makin me pay that just coz all the fair-weather supporters are comin out of the woodwork, and got my 9 year old crying, but i cant and wont pay an extra £13.50..........GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Worth having a look in the NSC ticket exchange bit, even if you just get two tickets for the South Stand, there's bound to be somewhere in the wings that you can both sit together.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Why did you leave it so late? Wanting to see what the weather was going to be like......?
Edit: Sorry I should have put a jester smiliey in

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
fair weather supporters who are better organised than you!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Why did you leave it so late? Wanting to see what the weather was going to be like......?

if you read my post you will see why. was only told this morning i didnt have to work, i get to matches wenever i can work permitting, and been supporting this club for 40 years, dont need wankers like u sayin i'm a fair weather supporter. :rant:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
if you read my post you will see why. was only told this morning i didnt have to work, i get to matches wenever i can work permitting, and been supporting this club for 40 years, dont need wankers like u sayin i'm a fair weather supporter. :rant:

It is a shame, but it is far from a disgrace. I can understand your annoyance, but the club can only do so much in the poop-hole that we call home.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Surely the family stand selling out is a good thing for the club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
It is a shame, but it is far from a disgrace. I can understand your annoyance, but the club can only do so much in the poop-hole that we call home.

but cant sell me a child of 9 a £1 ticket even tho she is sitting with me.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's not so much just fair weather fans but the hugely successful Young Seagulls scheme. Quite a few games this season have sold out the family stand mainly due to the free tickets that are given out under the scheme ( 1 free adult + kid ticket for each member ) I think this should be applauded as many kids get to see their first live game of football and many will hopefully want to come back again and again. The club is doing a great job of investing in Sussex youth. :clap:

Granted, it's a bit of a pisser for you when you have no choice but to book tickets very late and the junior tickets elsewhere in the ground are over priced. I do sympathise with that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can understand you annoyance, what is better £23.50 + a programme and probably an ice cream/burger/sweets or nothing.

Why can't the club be a bit more flexable for a game that will not be a sell out

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Harsh but fair I think....think of it in the reverse - we need to encourage families to bring their kids by making it cheap (frankly we need as many future fans as we can get)...good deal - but only marred by limited availability.

Tell your work to get their arses more organised - you should be entitled to at least a standby rate if they cancelled so close to you having to turn up to work!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
but cant sell me a child of 9 a £1 ticket even tho she is sitting with me.

It's just how it is I am afraid. The offer is restricted to the family stand and it has to be good it is sold out for the future of the club. Yeah, maybe they could make an exception, but then that is unfair on anyone else who has paid the full price.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's not so much just fair weather fans but the hugely successful Young Seagulls scheme.

Only because its free, it has gone down hill IMO since it changed from a paid for scheme to a free one. All my daughter got this year was a boys watch and a birthday card from Forster :wozza: no free tickets at all

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Harsh but fair I think....think of it in the reverse - we need to encourage families to bring their kids by making it cheap (frankly we need as many future fans as we can get)...good deal - but only marred by limited availability.

Tell your work to get their arses more organised - you should be entitled to at least a standby rate if they cancelled so close to you having to turn up to work!

Firstly: they are not encouraging youngsters to attend by making me pay that, becuse now she wont be going, and nor will i.

secondly: i have been in the same job for 30 years, and as technical manager am paid a wage that allows for workin strange and sometimes unfair hours, it's not the fault of my employer.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only because its free, it has gone down hill IMO since it changed from a paid for scheme to a free one. All my daughter got this year was a boys watch and a birthday card from Forster :wozza: no free tickets at all

Yep, the scheme was in many ways much better for those in it whjen we had to pay £15 to join. For a starters, we got two sets of free tickets rather than one. However, I'm all for including as many people as possible, and to me making the scheme free was a master stroke by the club with Falmer on the horizon. I'd much rather have loads more people getting slightly less than just the few who are willing and able to pay for membership getting more.

No point just preaching to the converted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Firstly: they are not encouraging youngsters to attend by making me pay that, becuse now she wont be going, and nor will i.

secondly: i have been in the same job for 30 years, and as technical manager am paid a wage that allows for workin strange and sometimes unfair hours, it's not the fault of my employer.

Well then I'm sorry, but that's also not the fault of Brighton & Hove Albion football club either. They are doing their best with what they have and giving as many youngster as possible the chance to go and watch the team.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
A bit unfortunate for you but it's pretty impressive the family has sold out again, there's obviously alot of interest.

This section of support will probably account for 25% of match day crowds at falmer and it looks likely the club wont have too much trouble attracting familys.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here