Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crazy!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Today is a match when young seagulls members are entitled to a pair of free tickets, if your daughter was a member of the scheme then im sure you would be aware of this. Secondly, withdean is a small ground and when the weather is good some people do creep out the woodwork, best to plan ahead and buy your tickets in advance to make sure you can sit where you want to. Thirdly, it is no ones fault what so ever except yours that the family stand is sold out, you still have the option of paying more to sit somewhere else, the fact you wont suggests your not THAT desperate to come, and that the highly confrontational first post is just a little bit stupid, if you really want to take her to a brighton game then why not take her to gillingham, southend or the next homegame?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
if you read my post you will see why. was only told this morning i didnt have to work, i get to matches wenever i can work permitting, and been supporting this club for 40 years, dont need wankers like u sayin i'm a fair weather supporter. :rant:

To be fair, you never said that you were told this morning. You just said that you were told you didn't have to work.
My post was in jest though!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only because its free, it has gone down hill IMO since it changed from a paid for scheme to a free one. All my daughter got this year was a boys watch and a birthday card from Forster :wozza: no free tickets at all

Sorry, forgot to mention it earlier. Get in touch with the club to ask where your free ticket voucher is. Remember they've had about 8,000 members to deal with this season if I remember rightly ? The ticket office is always very good in sorting out problems in my experience.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
A bit unfortunate for you but it's pretty impressive the family has sold out again, there's obviously alot of interest.

This section of support will probably account for 25% of match day crowds at falmer and it looks likely the club wont have too much attracting familys.

For the future of the club, with Falmer on the way, it is great news.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
My son is a Young Seagulls member and with his free membership still gets two sets of tickets free, so I don't know where the comments above are coming from.For the game against Tranmere he also had a schoolfriend with him who had never been to Withdean.The friend thoroughly enjoyed the match and will definitely go again. I know Falmer is on the horizon but my son wants a season ticket for next season at Withdean because he is now not afraid mentioning who he supports at school, when in the past he would have been ridiculed.He still has his Premiership favourite-Chelsea but he sees where the future is!.Also as we live in the far west of West Sussex and on Sunday I drove him along the A27 on the way to Kent and went past the new stadium and made sure we passed it on the way back. We were all stunned and well impressed and can't wait. So in summary the Young Seagulls scheme has worked and being free doesn't seem any different to when he paid.Going again today with two other friends which we are hoping to convert!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Firstly: they are not encouraging youngsters to attend by making me pay that, becuse now she wont be going, and nor will i.

secondly: i have been in the same job for 30 years, and as technical manager am paid a wage that allows for workin strange and sometimes unfair hours, it's not the fault of my employer.

I can't honestly see what you're so angry about, you want to go in the family end - you have to book early, you couldn't so you missed out - simples. You'd have small children sitting in the midst of drinking, smoking, swearing people if you offered it to everyone else.

Well it certainly isn't the clubs!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Today is a match when young seagulls members are entitled to a pair of free tickets, if your daughter was a member of the scheme then im sure you would be aware of this. Secondly, withdean is a small ground and when the weather is good some people do creep out the woodwork, best to plan ahead and buy your tickets in advance to make sure you can sit where you want to. Thirdly, it is no ones fault what so ever except yours that the family stand is sold out, you still have the option of paying more to sit somewhere else, the fact you wont suggests your not THAT desperate to come, and that the highly confrontational first post is just a little bit stupid, if you really want to take her to a brighton game then why not take her to gillingham, southend or the next homegame?[/QUOTE]

Good shout :clap:

Both games are during the school holidays and you can get a family ticket for £20 for Southend and adult + kid for Gillingham works out at just £21. You also get a great atmosphere at away games and the kids get to feel that they've actually been to a proper game of football - just make sure they only bring the good memories back home with them and none of the language :smile:

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
After today if you haven't used your complimentary tickets you won't be able to get to use them at any more home games as I think the only other game they were available for was Bristol Rovers which has I think sold out in the Family Stand.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My son is a Young Seagulls member and with his free membership still gets two sets of tickets free, so I don't know where the comments above are coming from.For the game against Tranmere he also had a schoolfriend with him who had never been to Withdean.The friend thoroughly enjoyed the match and will definitely go again. I know Falmer is on the horizon but my son wants a season ticket for next season at Withdean because he is now not afraid mentioning who he supports at school, when in the past he would have been ridiculed.He still has his Premiership favourite-Chelsea but he sees where the future is!.Also as we live in the far west of West Sussex and on Sunday I drove him along the A27 on the way to Kent and went past the new stadium and made sure we passed it on the way back. We were all stunned and well impressed and can't wait. So in summary the Young Seagulls scheme has worked and being free doesn't seem any different to when he paid.Going again today with two other friends which we are hoping to convert!

My son has been a member for the past 3 or 4 seasons and this season we only got one set of free tickets. I asked the ticket office about this and they told me that due to the massive numbers this year only one set of tickets were available. Fair play to you if you were sent two vouchers this season - it was probably a mistake :laugh:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I phoned up ticket office, to get 1x adult 1x under 10 tickets for family stand because was told i didn't have to work today, only to be told family stand has sold out and if i want to go i have to pay not only £23.50 for me, but £14.50 for my 9 year old daughter who would normally go for £1 in family stand.

f***ing DISGEACE that they are makin me pay that just coz all the fair-weather supporters are comin out of the woodwork, and got my 9 year old crying, but i cant and wont pay an extra £13.50..........GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Should the club refuse to sell tickets to people just because you might manage to get the day off work and be able to show up? In this instance you got the time off, but you indicate in other posts that's not always the case. Why should the club hold out?

The pricing of tickets isn't just about age of the kids, it's about the view from the stand and about the environment. The cheapness of the family stand is to entice families there instead of the main stand with the foul language and fans who find 8 year olds waving their clackers non-stop for two hours to be justification for murder. However, there are some parents who take their kids in the south stand, and pay the proper price. How is it fair on them if you waltz up on saturday and pay family stand price?

If you want a guaranteed seat, buy a season ticket, otherwise you are competing with the rest of them and sometimes you just might miss out.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Should the club refuse to sell tickets to people just because you might manage to get the day off work and be able to show up? In this instance you got the time off, but you indicate in other posts that's not always the case. Why should the club hold out?

The pricing of tickets isn't just about age of the kids, it's about the view from the stand and about the environment. The cheapness of the family stand is to entice families there instead of the main stand with the foul language and fans who find 8 year olds waving their clackers non-stop for two hours to be justification for murder. However, there are some parents who take their kids in the south stand, and pay the proper price. How is it fair on them if you waltz up on saturday and pay family stand price?

If you want a guaranteed seat, buy a season ticket, otherwise you are competing with the rest of them and sometimes you just might miss out.

This is exactly right.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why dont u read other posts before posting, then u wont look a knob :wozza:

I sympathise with your predicament but the fact is that you have chosen to work in a job that may require working a Saturday at very short notice. That's the point being made in his next post.

So again - hardly the clubs fault is it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Problem solved thanks to Ken, appreciate all your kind replies of sympathy lmao

KEN your a star mate.

Good to hear you can get to go today after all :clap:

Still can't agree with the premise of your original post though :p

Gotta go, off to the game :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here