Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was also Tony Covelle - a Chelsea face who I think lived in Crawley for a bit ?
I believe he was part of a group who got embarrassed in the FA cup game in 1992 ??
If he did, I wasn't aware of him living here. He still might have come to the Crawley match, even if he wasn't resident, as a chunk of his firm was going to go to it, being locals.
What was the nature of the embarrassment?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If he did, I wasn't aware of him living here. He still might have come to the Crawley match, even if he wasn't resident, as a chunk of his firm was going to go to it, being locals.
What was the nature of the embarrassment?

Maybe I was mistaken, maybe had connections in Crawley then ?
I know he lived in Edenbridge for a bit.
It’s well documented, I think in Martin Kings Hoolifan book? that a some of Chelseas main faces and a QPR lad got turned over by some Brighton lads - this resulted in a revenge attack on Brighton fans at Victoria after I think a Brentford game ??

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe I was mistaken, maybe had connections in Crawley then ?
I know he lived in Edenbridge for a bit.
It’s well documented, I think in Martin Kings Hoolifan book? that a some of Chelseas main faces and a QPR lad got turned over by some Brighton lads - this resulted in a revenge attack on Brighton fans at Victoria after I think a Brentford game ??
There were plenty of Chelsea Headhunters in Crawley, he might have lived here for a while, but I never came across him to my knowledge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“Crawley ranked as the “eighth-happiest place to live in Sussex”, according to Rightmove's study”
12 Dec 2022

Do you think Rightmkve are having trouble shifting property in Crawley 🤣

8th happiest in Sussex? Do me a favour.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was there ever an FA (or other body) review of the match that might have/could have given a retrospective ban for an attempt to cripple O'Riley? - or was there one that just decided to do nothing?

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Was there ever an FA (or other body) review of the match that might have/could have given a retrospective ban for an attempt to cripple O'Riley? - or was there one that just decided to do nothing?
The ref saw it and didn't feel it needed further action at the time so nothing can be done retrospectively. It is clearly appalling - we've just got to wait for karma to step in.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting that Tony Bloom, on the Albion Podcast, called the Jay Williams tackle a horror tackle or at least that’s what I thought he said.
Not sitting on the fence with that comment.
Yet Crawley Town want to avoid injuries to their players by avoiding lower ranking teams.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
The ref saw Hemed 'stamp' on a opponent and decided it ewas accidental and took no action. Hemed was retrospectively banned.
Well, the ruling said it hadn't been seen by the referee.

Brighton striker Tomer Hemed has been banned for three matches after being found guilty of violent conduct in Sunday's home win over Newcastle.

Hemed, who scored the winner in a 1-0 Brighton victory, will serve a three-match ban after a retrospective violent conduct charge by the Football Association was found proven.

The Israel international was involved in a coming together with Newcastle's United States defender DeAndre Yedlin after 88 minutes, appearing to stamp on his leg.

The FA charged him with "an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video."

Hemed contested the charge, but a hearing on Wednesday ruled against him.

A statement from the FA said: "Tomer Hemed will serve a three-match suspension with immediate effect after a violent conduct charge against him was found proven.

"The player denied the charge. However, it was found proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing."

The ban means Brighton will be without Hemed for Sunday's trip to Arsenal and games against Everton and West Ham.

They posted a short statement on their official website, confirming the ruling and suspension and adding that there would be "no further comment at this stage."

Brighton boss Chris Hughton had defended Hemed after the game, saying the incident had been purely accidental.

"I have seen it, and my absolute impression was that there was no intention, particularly knowing the player," Hughton said.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But they will be enetering the pisspot, tincan, wa*kstain trophies as befitting a football club and players of
their stature.
Saves them getting thrashed by Worthing or losing to Hastings on penalties again as happened to them in the last couple of seasons.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well .... that referee's an inept tw@t.

Doesn't seem to be involved in any EFL games at the weekend - perhaps he is 'having a rest' from duties for a while.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
“Crawley ranked as the “eighth-happiest place to live in Sussex”, according to Rightmove's study”
12 Dec 2022

Do you think Rightmkve are having trouble shifting property in Crawley 🤣

8th happiest in Sussex? Do me a favour.
You might not like your visits to Crawley, but most of us don't live in the High Street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here