Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
“Crawley ranked as the “eighth-happiest place to live in Sussex”, according to Rightmove's study”
12 Dec 2022

Do you think Rightmkve are having trouble shifting property in Crawley 🤣

8th happiest in Sussex? Do me a favour.
The happiest are everywhere north east, north west, west, east, south west, south east and south.

But not north- because that's Surrey.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'll grant you, this is more convincing than the people who insist to me that Southampton's tolerable because it has more of its historic city walls left than York does.
What … really … no … f***. Who are these people?

Southampton, like the majority of people who live there is as vanilla as you get. John Major would get bored in Southampton. Nothing tolerable about Southampton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Southampton, like the majority of people who live there is as vanilla as you get. John Major would get bored in Southampton. Nothing tolerable about Southampton.
Well I don't mind them as I lived in Winchester for some time. One of my brothers supports them, the best man at my wedding supports them, and my cousin's husband was even the bloke dressed up as their mascot 20 years ago!

The city itself is a bit dull I suppose, but hardly "intolerable" IMO.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Well, a couple of them post on here.

I happened to mention this to an actual real life friend of mine the other day and he immediately gave a knowing "oh god" and went on a 5minute rant about how unremittingly shit Southampton is.

Despite what some people say, no it's not "just a bit dull", it's shit and it needs to be stopped before it claims any more victims.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well, a couple of them post on here.

I happened to mention this to an actual real life friend of mine the other day and he immediately gave a knowing "oh god" and went on a 5minute rant about how unremittingly shit Southampton is.

Despite what some people say, no it's not "just a bit dull", it's shit and it needs to be stopped before it claims any more victims.
I did back in 1981 watch a strip show whilst having Sunday lunch in Southampton…. So not all bad.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I once watched a stripper lay down on a bar, and proceed to pull a long string of Union Jack flags out of her minky. We hung them up all around the pub. This didn't happen in Southampton (or Crawley), but it fair stirred up some patriotic fervour regardless.
The Uterus Jack.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Well I don't mind them as I lived in Winchester for some time. One of my brothers supports them, the best man at my wedding supports them, and my cousin's husband was even the bloke dressed up as their mascot 20 years ago!

The city itself is a bit dull I suppose, but hardly "intolerable" IMO.
You can’t really put Winchester and Southampton in the same sentance. Southampton itself is unquestionably shit, most of it is disgusting. Even lifelong locals like my other half and her family say it. I do everything I can in my power to avoid going there. The councils and planners f***ed it up years ago, the place is a mess.

As is the shitty football club, the worst club and fans in English football in my bitter and twisted but entirely correct opinion.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I once watched a stripper lay down on a bar, and proceed to pull a long string of Union Jack flags out of her minky. We hung them up all around the pub. This didn't happen in Southampton (or Crawley), but it fair stirred up some patriotic fervour regardless.
The Blue Lagoon on Kingsway at Lunchtime?

Reactions: cjd

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You can’t really put Winchester and Southampton in the same sentance. Southampton itself is unquestionably shit, most of it is disgusting. Even lifelong locals like my other half and her family say it. I do everything I can in my power to avoid going there. The councils and planners f***ed it up years ago, the place is a mess.
Yep Winchester is a lovely place. Chalk and cheese.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

As is the shitty football club, the worst club and fans in English football in my bitter and twisted but entirely correct opinion.
The reason I put Winchester and Southampton in the same sentence is that Winchester is very clearly inside Southampton's catchment area - that's all.

And you appear to be confusing Southampton with Eastleigh. I mean yes there are shit bits of Southampton (Lordshill, Millbrook etc) but there are with every town and I had a girlfriend from West End. It was proper nice there I can tell you. That said, I won't argue that Southampton itself is a bit dull.

I've never really understood your hatred for the football club though. I mean you're in Fareham - half way between Southampton and Portsmouth - and yet somehow you dislike Southampton more than Portsmouth, so there's clearly something wrong with you.

Yep Winchester is a lovely place. Chalk and cheese.
Yes, yes it is. Winchester is one of the lovliest cities in the country. I loved my time there.

Fun fact: my sixth form in Winchester (the same one as @Hiney's and @hans kraay fan club's kids went to) is the official sixth form for kids in the Falkland Islands. It amused my dad and step-mum that when they went to the Falklands, the local paper (if you could call it that, as it was about 10 pages long) had an article on the sixth form!

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The rebuild after being bombed to f*** by Nazis was urgent, rather than well considered, I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here