Faversham
31 non-wheelchair seats left

1724780825726.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nigels at home to Norwich.

I'm sure they'll come very close to our expected 20-21,000 for a small league one side. Or not. Might be a gap in class and size on display here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How did Crawley not sell out their allocation ?- its only 25 miles away!

Shocked to see so many empty seats in the away end , I'm guessing they took less than 2,000 . Maybe it wasn't their biggest game in years.

Did someone here mention they sold their 3,000 and they got given a couple of hundred more?

On the night, there were large expanses of empty seats.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
How did Crawley not sell out their allocation ?- its only 25 miles away!

Shocked to see so many empty seats in the away end , I'm guessing they took less than 2,000 . Maybe it wasn't their biggest game in years.

Did someone here mention they sold their 3,000 and they got given a couple of hundred more?

On the night, there were large expanses of empty seats.
Yes that was me
So Crawley mentioned on their website in the news section that they had sold over 3000 and that was confirmed by the fact that block S1G (which is normally in premier matches home fans) was opened for their fans to buy in. That block did not sell out so was never going to be full. On the night i looked at the Crawley fans and realised that they had formed a very compact singing group (far more bodies than available seats) in an area just left of the goal as i looked at it. This of course meant that those extra people in that area caused spaces to appear in other areas. Those spaces combined with the S1G situation made it appear as though there were less than there actually were.
TLDR: Crawley sold about 3200 and while some may have been put off by transport etc i think most were actually there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes that was me
So Crawley mentioned on their website in the news section that they had sold over 3000 and that was confirmed by the fact that block S1G (which is normally in premier matches home fans) was opened for their fans to buy in. That block did not sell out so was never going to be full. On the night i looked at the Crawley fans and realised that they had formed a very compact singing group (far more bodies than available seats) in an area just left of the goal as i looked at it. This of course meant that those extra people in that area caused spaces to appear in other areas. Those spaces combined with the S1G situation made it appear as though there were less than there actually were.
TLDR: Crawley sold about 3200 and while some may have been put off by transport etc i think most were actually there.

Thanks.

That crossed my mind too ... they looked packed to the rafters at the back central.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Looking at that makes me wonder if that was the actual physical attendance rather than the "pretendance" we get in the league.
Reason i say that is because of what we know about tickets sold.
The lower bowl (excepting sw corner) which we virtually sold out is about 15150 seats and crawley sold about 3200 in the south, so adding those two together gives 18350 which would leave 825 for 1901 club. Now from the lower west i could not see how many were in the 1901 above me but given they were able to go without extra cost (apart from travel obs) surely it would be more than 1/4 of them?
Also means that the club do not include the whole figure of 1901 seats for cup game attendances as they do for league games.

One last thing that i found surprising was that we actually sold some 600 to 700 tickets on the day of the game despite it being £5 more per ticket than the day before! .......although that might say more about me being a tightwad!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking at that makes me wonder if that was the actual physical attendance rather than the "pretendance" we get in the league.
Reason i say that is because of what we know about tickets sold.
The lower bowl (excepting sw corner) which we virtually sold out is about 15150 seats and crawley sold about 3200 in the south, so adding those two together gives 18350 which would leave 825 for 1901 club. Now from the lower west i could not see how many were in the 1901 above me but given they were able to go without extra cost (apart from travel obs) surely it would be more than 1/4 of them?
Also means that the club do not include the whole figure of 1901 seats for cup game attendances as they do for league games.

One last thing that i found surprising was that we actually sold some 600 to 700 tickets on the day of the game despite it being £5 more per ticket than the day before! .......although that might say more about me being a tightwad!

Guessing, I think the club would include all 1901 numbers? Given that every club publishes the pretendance of seats sold.

Based on your numbers, leaving unsold's in the three lower tiers.

Regarding your last point, I wonder if more were lured in with the signings, sunny weather and general feelgood factor. £5 isn't much in the big picture for most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here