Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Love In - Why?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
From my memory it was indeed Crawley COUNCIL who said NO.

Also I wonder how hard Belotti and Archer tried tho.

Greg (CTFC)

Feb 20, 2004
Can someone please remind me how they helped us out in our time of need? Wasn't it a case of sticking two fingers up as we searched for a local venue when the Goldstone was sold under our feet.

Crawley fan here, this is utter rubbish. The club and the fans were all 100% behind the idea of groundsharing with Brighton, there were only upsides for Crawley:

(a) Contribution from Brighton to improve the ground
(b) Opportunity to strengthen ties with a football league team, which could benefit Crawley in terms of loans etc
(c) Chance for Crawley fans to watch league football on their doorstep
(d) The odd floating Brighton fan might be tempted along to watch Crawley play when Brighton were away from home

It was Crawley council that said no, and they were a bunch of idiots for doing so.

Believe me, having supported Crawley for 26 years, every single fan I know wanted the groundshare to happen, and couldn't believe the council's attitude. We were also gutted for the Brighton supporters having to travel all the way to Kent for home games.

Just wanted to set the record straight as I see this type of comment posted on here quite often and it couldn't be further from the truth.

Still hoping we'll meet in the 5th round of the FAC (at the Broadfield Stadium of course).

By the way (I live in Hove), Falmer is looking AWESOME, stadium envy here!! :)

Greg (CTFC)

Feb 20, 2004
I cannot stand the club, they have been corrupt, been in administration numerous times, must have had 30 or more points deducted, then suddenly they are spending £250k on way play here, £200k on a player there. Signing a player for £100k then getting rid of him a month later, and signing 3 more.

They probably spent more in the transfer market than Derby

We had 4 players that started the game last night that were signed for fees, Neilson (£50k), Torres (£50k), Tubbs (£70k), McFadzean (£100k). That's £270k.

Not really more than Derby's team is it? :)

And we've earned about £550,000 from our FA Cup run so far, so you could argue that the money that has been spent on transfers (all fees have been paid in full and up front, as unlike most clubs in the Blue Square Premier, we are not in debt) has proved a good investment.

Okay, we did have Brodie on the bench who cost £200k from York, but we've already turned down a £350k bid for him from a league club, so again you could argue that the money spent on signing players has been well invested. It's one thing having the money and another spending it on a team that gels and plays good football.

Regarding the administration, yes, dark days, the Majeed era was a terrible one for the club, you should know how that feels as B and H have had dark days too. But the fans stuck by them, and now the Majeed's are gone, and the club is under new ownership (local business people that have supported the club for close to 40 years), why should we not be allowed a chance again? You cannot taint the club and the fans for the actions of the Majeeds, who were corrupt people that acted only in their own interests.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's no more t0ssers there than anywhere else. In fact, my experience is that there's less than many places.

I used to go to games there until the Majeeds and then Steve Evans rocked up, and would do so again if I was back in Sussex and their games didn't clash with ours that I could get to. I managed to do about 15 of their home games as well as over 30 Albion games and a few Burgess Hill one season.

So if you are going to Crawley at home, then you are not going to a Brighton game? That's my point... we should NOT, repeat NOT, celebrate THEIR success...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
... and support your club, not someone else's...

tbh I agree in parts with both arguments, what I find really difficult to swallow is you telling others who to support and when and how.

Got any tips on where I should go do the weekly shop or get my petrol from?

If people decide to go along to a few CTFC games then thats there perogative.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
The thing that summed it was the massive falg that said CRAWLEY TOWN and had a very large CHELSEA badge on it??!!! Plastic fans maybe??
Hope Torquay win in a few weeks.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I can't see the benefit of another Sussex side making it into the league, along side a massive money/publicity spinner like this the year before. Surely the less competition the better if we want the Amex to be filled every week. I for one hope they don't go up, and hope even more that we are the ones that put them out of the cup (unlikely we'll meet but oh well).

Dec 24, 2010
How come their crowds are so low? Is this likely to increase if they make Lg2? And away following?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here